Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really like that American Exports mission - although it wasn't the best performance last night!

It feels more involved / complicated than most other missions, given that you have to get the cargobob and fly it out of the base without getting shot down. It's one of the few missions where you actually need to coordinate your efforts if you are going to complete it successfuly.

I do wish there was an option for being more stealthy - flying close to the base, one of your crew parachuting out and landing undetected next to the cargogbob etc.

Hopefully with heists they offer the option of a stealthy approach as well as the all guns blazing approach - just like they did in SP.

I really like that American Exports mission - although it wasn't the best performance last night!

It feels more involved / complicated than most other missions, given that you have to get the cargobob and fly it out of the base without getting shot down. It's one of the few missions where you actually need to coordinate your efforts if you are going to complete it successfuly.

I do wish there was an option for being more stealthy - flying close to the base, one of your crew parachuting out and landing undetected next to the cargogbob etc.

Hopefully with heists they offer the option of a stealthy approach as well as the all guns blazing approach - just like they did in SP.

Yeah, I like it too, though I didn't get to play much of it. Forgot about what it entailed mostly, so was going to Ammunation to get some ammo and getting ready to attack the airport/docks whereever the container is from the ground.

Once I saw it say at the bottom about losing the cops, I remembered what we usually do - two in one car, two in another. Both cars go to the base, one drops both people off at a buzzard/jet, the other has the driver drop the passenger off at a heli then goes to the cargobob then once the cargobob is safe, the people protecting it fly in different directions and lose the cops.

I've been having a few problems with my PS3. Don't know whether it's to do with me, PSN, the PS3 itself or none of the above. When I try signing in, a few times it says "DNS error" with a code that begins with two zeros I think, then when I finally do get signed in and on GTA, it freezes now and again and sometimes requires a hard reset... which is a pain as when it comes back on I have to go through that filechecking thing which takes ages. On my PS4 I have no DNS errors and things are fine, though obviously I don't have GTA on there. Looking forward to it coming out on there.

I probably won't be on tonight, but will be nice to have a day where hopefully most of us are on and can roll off a number of missions as I do like that approach as going by just the stuff on the post-mission menu isn't really worth it moneywise like you say.

Yeah, I like it too, though I didn't get to play much of it. Forgot about what it entailed mostly, so was going to Ammunation to get some ammo and getting ready to attack the airport/docks whereever the container is from the ground.

Once I saw it say at the bottom about losing the cops, I remembered what we usually do - two in one car, two in another. Both cars go to the base, one drops both people off at a buzzard/jet, the other has the driver drop the passenger off at a heli then goes to the cargobob then once the cargobob is safe, the people protecting it fly in different directions and lose the cops.

I've been having a few problems with my PS3. Don't know whether it's to do with me, PSN, the PS3 itself or none of the above. When I try signing in, a few times it says "DNS error" with a code that begins with two zeros I think, then when I finally do get signed in and on GTA, it freezes now and again and sometimes requires a hard reset... which is a pain as when it comes back on I have to go through that filechecking thing which takes ages. On my PS4 I have no DNS errors and things are fine, though obviously I don't have GTA on there. Looking forward to it coming out on there.

I probably won't be on tonight, but will be nice to have a day where hopefully most of us are on and can roll off a number of missions as I do like that approach as going by just the stuff on the post-mission menu isn't really worth it moneywise like you say.

I was getting signed out of PSN a few times yesterday - don't usually have any troubles.

I remember doing that mission back in the early days of online - all of us lining up on the side of the mountain waiting to jump the fence together! Much prefer that kind of mission than one where people can zoom off independently to complete the mission.

Will prob be on this eve - but will def be on more next week as family are away. Agree that it will be good to get a load of us on and plough through some of the missions!

We nearly had that mission completed!

You lot either died or got signed out and I was the only one left....Chopper blew up on me after I killed all the cops!

I was disgusted :(

We weren't close to completing that! The cargobob was belching black smoke, so wasn't long for this world. Once that happened, we would have had to go back to the army base to steal another...which would have put us back at square one!

I was stuck on the roof near the hanger trying to fight off helicopters - was only going to end one way :)

We weren't close to completing that! The cargobob was belching black smoke, so wasn't long for this world. Once that happened, we would have had to go back to the army base to steal another...which would have put us back at square one!

I was stuck on the roof near the hanger trying to fight off helicopters - was only going to end one way :)

Awh well :(

Same time tonight? I've only got a measly 40,000 dollars....Need more ha

I'll probably come on again after 11. Not having a good time on Fifa today so GTA will get my attention.

Possibly, got a 5-a-side game at 7 so will see how I feel after that.

Ah you didn't reply so I've got the PS4 powered up now.

We'll have to find a spare few hours over the weekend and get a crew session going.

Sounds good to me - wouldn't mind giving the capture missions a go if we have a few of us on.

If I get on it won't be till very late should be from early tomorrow though and will most likely do a few stints over the weekend. Been grinding it pretty hard lately I need to find something nice to mod.
Will be on for a bit now.

Any chance I can get involved in this? PSN: Ryan2501

Also is there a known issue with GTA:Online freezing ones PS3? Thought it was a disc problem due to my brother keeping it in poor conditions, bought a new one and it still freezes occasionally. Very frustrating.

Edit #2: Just seen I had a invite from the crew on social club, maybe from a long time ago but I accepted it. Hope to play with you all soon.

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't managed to get on. My old man managed to knock me off a ladder earlier so my neck has been a bit funny after a painful landing on the stairs. DIY is never fun.

Hopefully once this week is out of the way normal service can resume.

Git? That's a very strong word to use. Who were you?

I was the guy who just joined his first crew, logged on to play some GTA Online, was driving to the airport when I spotted two fellow crew members who then proceeded to shoot and kill me, which also possibly caused my PS3 to freeze and crash. Git.

Ha he knocked you off a ladder? How the feck did he manage that? Get well soon.
He was trying to sneak past, and failed. The ladder fell with me.

Seem to be okay today though surprisingly, but it's a welcome recovery as I have much decorating to complete! Good to get a couple of missions in just now.

P.s Thanks for spending $9062 on blowing up my car. Money well spent

Hahahaha brilliant the perfect introduction to the crew so. Wait till you meet Issy and Levo
You probably wandered in at the wrong time when it was rampage mode. Welcome to the crew you whiney cnut!!!

He was trying to sneak past, and failed. The ladder fell with me.

Seem to be okay today though surprisingly, but it's a welcome recovery as I have much decorating to complete! Good to get a couple of missions in just now.

P.s Thanks for spending $9062 on blowing up my car. Money well spent
I did it in the hope you would have been in it. Ah well only a dent in my millions. I get really pissed off when I manage to blow my own car up, that's even more frustrating.

Its getting very tedious trying to find a decent deathmatch. 8 out of 10 seem to be the 20000000rp $1,000,000 nonsense or stupid Melee ones.

I was back to playing today after quite a few months out. Glad I could get the Independence Day stuff on time.

Its getting very tedious trying to find a decent deathmatch. 8 out of 10 seem to be the 20000000rp $1,000,000 nonsense or stupid Melee ones.

What's this 1m nonsense? Finding good random jobs it's hard. I mostly play these in a crew context nowadays and it's a lot better. Melee can be fun if it's a good map and you get used to it, but I much prefer forced-weapons tactical stuff (hate grenade-launching spam fests, hence hate owned weapons DMs as well).

I was back to playing today after quite a few months out. Glad I could get the Independence Day stuff on time.

What's this 1m nonsense? Finding good random jobs it's hard. I mostly play these in a crew context nowadays and it's a lot better. Melee can be fun if it's a good map and you get used to it, but I much prefer forced-weapons tactical stuff (hate grenade-launching spam fests, hence hate owned weapons DMs as well).

Its just the name to entice people who think they're actually going to get paid. Melee is awful in GTA, Melee is 50% based on lag, especially in a busy DM. I hate being punched in quick succession seemingly by a ghost. :lol:

Forced + Pickups is the way to go, I only like owned on certain maps. It takes far too long doing the quick job to find a DM, I even played the assault shotty spamfest in the FIB building out of frustration.

So do they have heists on this yet? Haven't played it in months and they said they were close to getting them then, but never did.

So do they have heists on this yet? Haven't played it in months and they said they were close to getting them then, but never did.

Nope. Meant to be a Spring release but that didn't happen, I'm guessing it will be for the PS4/Xb1.

Anyone going to be online this eve? Will either sink some time into this or BF4 on the PS4...

Anyone up for some GTA today?

Have been on the PS4 more recently, but would be good to get a few on GTA again.