View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever refused £30m for him should not be at the club.

skysports-murtough-fletcher_5299650.jpg

He should have been forced out by ten Hag/the club. I mean, he seemingly was happy enough for him to leave - why is he still getting minutes? Starting against Brighton and having a shocker, then getting minutes away to Bayern. I know we're decimated by injury, but Hannibal was much brighter on the weekend and was available last night. If nothing else it sends a message to McTominay to sort it out. Why he's still at the club is unfathomable.

There was no urgency to win back the ball after losing it
He's given up. Playing with all the intensity of a man who's biding his time until the January window opens so he can leave and go where he's 'wanted'. Part of our issue is we've got a bunch of these apathetic players who don't care anymore because they know they're gone soon.

He's given up. Playing with all the intensity of a man who's biding his time until the January window opens so he can leave and go where he's 'wanted'. Part of our issue is we've got a bunch of these apathetic players who don't care anymore because they know they're gone soon.
or he fancies he can outlast the manager

or he fancies he can outlast the manager
That's the Sancho approach, and they both may be right come January. Either way, this situation gets worse before it gets better and the board either sack the manager or do what Arsenal did with Arteta and say he's going nowhere, all the players will leave before he does.

There were genuinely people on this forum that believed Bayern Munich wanted to sign him from us this past window.

I think he slipped over more times than he made tackles

It does seem that way, if he was wearing a Scotland shirt in that clip that was posted he would be bursting a blood vessel to get back. I guess he wants out.

Hopefully he gets that move to Fulham in January for 25+ million and we will have massively got away with one after turning down those summer bids.

It does seem that way, if he was wearing a Scotland shirt in that clip that was posted he would be bursting a blood vessel to get back. I guess he wants out.

Hopefully he gets that move to Fulham in January for 25+ million and we will have massively got away with one after turning down those summer bids.
Every time he's played for Scotland he's talked about playing more at club level and that's all he wants. Then he gets his chances and can't be arsed, he did the same against Arsenal. We should have just sold he to West Ham when we had the chance and brought someone else in who actually wants to make the effort.

I dont think thats it with McTom. Where he "wants"? It will end up being a lesser team but with stronger CM options where he'll be out of favour faster than he is here. He's a midtable CM

Example - West Ham. I think we'll finish above them but they have better midfield options than us despite selling Rice in the summer. So he'd be a backup for them too.

If that’s the case, if the club doesn’t make a stand now, we are finished for the foreseeable.
Oh we are, don't worry about that. We either rinse and repeat again this season or we suck it up and accept we may finish 9th and clear everyone out over the summer.

Watching McTominay for Scotland vs watching him for Man Utd is unreal. Last night he is happy for boys to just stroll past him and I have noticed he has stopped celebrating our goals completely. I think he has to leave in Jan on loan, never expected him to become like this but he is clearly not happy and is aware that ETH does not really want him there! I like the guy a lot but recent performances/efforts have not been good enough and certainly wont get him back in the starting 11 anytime soon!

People should be sacked for not accepting 30m for him.

He may as well come good somewhere else but for us he is just unreliable squad member. Hannibal and Gore should get chances ahead of him. Atleast they have potential

That video of him not chasing back after losing the ball. That should be u21 and bin in January.
Play the fecking youth.

He should be dropped for that performance. Coming on at 3-1 down and put in so little effort - effort we know he is more to an capable of. It’s not on. Always quite liked the lad but he had the hump last night and it’s not gone down well at all.

I'm guessing he's a bit miffed at being put on the shop window. Hope he gets over it.

That video of him not chasing back after losing the ball. That should be u21 and bin in January.
Play the fecking youth.

100%, worrying thing is though, he's not the only one who doesn't chase back in our midfield, see Casemiro and Eriksen also for that

Eriksen was getting overrun. Bringing on fresh McTominay sounds like a good fix on paper - he should be able to hold them off, at least give them a proper challenge and a proper effort.
Well, what do you know. It became WORSE with him.

Hate his face right now, this performance was a big "feck you" in the face of every Manchester United fan in the world.

I bet there are still people in this forum who will claim he is great player, basing it on 2 goals against Cyprus.
But no - he is not a great player, nor a great option. He is lazy, average master of hiding from the ball.

Genuinely hope he never plays for us again.

2 reasons he gets any playing time as far as I am concerned.

1) height for set plays
2) Hannibal is needed for the weekend so injurys meant he got in.

I saw a real lack of effort out there. I'm sorry but it is just not good enough nor consistent enough. When he comes on he is meant to do a role and it just seems like he cant do that consistently can he?

Nice lad. He's lazy with an over inflated ego.

One year ago, Sancho did the exact same thing against Omonia. It was even more egregious.

I don't understand how players can feel like they can get away with this behaviour. In fairness, Sancho was ultimately punished for his laziness but it took a year. I would say that Ten Hag needs to drop McTominay but I don't think it would have any impact.

the issue with McT is he can run all day. Same with Eriksen, at one point last season Eriksen had covered the most distance in matches out of all our squad. Their problem though, is they can't/won't sprint, everything is done at a casual stroll, which of course isn't much use when the other team is attacking us. Add Casemiro into the mix as well and our recovery in midfield is a mess right now.

the issue with McT is he can run all day. Same with Eriksen, at one point last season Eriksen had covered the most distance in matches out of all our squad. Their problem though, is they can't/won't sprint, everything is done at a casual stroll, which of course isn't much use when the other team is attacking us. Add Casemiro into the mix as well and our recovery in midfield is a mess right now.
Yes exactly, it's the sheer lack of intensity in the midfield, and the team generally. There's just no appetite to suffer on the pitch, to close that extra few yards on a player, to take responsibility for a gap that appears.

It's startling to see Reguilon come in and sprint everywhere. Feels alien to us.

People should be sacked for not accepting 30m for him.

He may as well come good somewhere else but for us he is just unreliable squad member. Hannibal and Gore should get chances ahead of him. Atleast they have potential
I remember saying we should accept like 55-60 million for the pair in that west ham fiasco and people claiming that was stupid and we should hold out for at least 40-45 for Mctominay alone. Those funds would've come in handy with our fecking leeches not caring about putting anything into the club

He's a no. 10 for a West Ham type side. Has no place in the Man Utd squad. Assume he'll move next summer.

Here for all the haters who are piling on for not tracking back...can some please explain to me, is that the sole reason for losing or not? The Hatred he gets is out of hand at times, no one on here is good enough to play professionally so what do they know? oh yes...nothing

Play the fecking youth.

It was unbelievable. Only just come on. At least if he’d put in a big shift since the first minute, you’d have little bit of understanding that he might be gassed. The whole point of bringing fresh legs on is so you can retain a high level of intensity as the game wears on, that’s why he came on in the first place. It’s astonishing really, and we’ve seen it on multiple occasions from various United players in recent years. Players that refuse to put a shift in. Worst thing with McTominay though, is being a workhorse is one of his only positive attributes. It’s not like he’s technically gifted and can product a game-winning moment of magic. Running, pressing, energy, that’s all he’s got, so to see him going on a Sunday jog after just coming on while we’re losing, away at Bayern Munich in the champions league is absolutely disgraceful.

Here for all the haters who are piling on for not tracking back...can some please explain to me, is that the sole reason for losing or not? The Hatred he gets is out of hand at times, no one on here is good enough to play professionally so what do they know? oh yes...nothing
What the hell is your point? His lazy ass effort was a huge part in that 4th goal, the one that ended up being the difference. Dude can't close someone down 5 feet away with any sort of intensity. His "passion and work rate" is supposed to be the one major thing he supposedly brings to the club yet the dude strolls about. Right now it is a joke watching him play for our club still

Were you good enough to play professionally? Or does that only matter for criticism of Scotland’s Scott McTominay?

Go read the fecking happiness in some posters posts when we rejected 30m and the extra happiness when he did not leave at the end of the window. I couldn't believe what I was reading, thought they were talking about Roy Keane.
Bet they must be still making excuses for him

What the hell is your point? His lazy ass effort was a huge part in that 4th goal, the one that ended up being the difference. Dude can't close someone down 5 feet away with any sort of intensity. His "passion and work rate" is supposed to be the one major thing he supposedly brings to the club yet the dude strolls about. Right now it is a joke watching him play for our club still
Still a better footballer than keyboard warrior who sits behind a screen......

Its not just about "are they sprinting" but is the challenge they put in when they get to the player with enough aggression. Its regularly half hearted with McTom. And this is where people will be fooled looking at a single stat. They'd say "Well the graphic said he covered the most distance so he's working hard" but running a large distance doesnt mean your tracking back and challenges were good. You could run half as much but be twice as determined in the challenge and make a more meaningful impression.

Can you point out where people are saying that his lack of effort is responsible for us losing on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.