View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes it more annoying is that he gets on the pitch to NOT offer the thing that he is sent out to do which is run around disrupt and move the ball on quickly, while Mejbri and Gore would give you all of that plus more.

Its like EtH has been told to keep playing him to maintain his sale value or something,.there is nothing he can be showing in training that puts him ahead of those two lads, it is inexcusable and if he gets on the pitch against Burnley after the last two showings then I'm done with baldy.

Fecking disgrace of a player. Fecking walking back when he lost the ball. How is he allowed to stay in the team? how did we even think of rejecting 30m for him, I cant believe, there must be favouritism in the team because logic cant justify him staying.

But for some reason he does have this reputation as the hardest worker. The player who will 'fight for the badge' and 'puts a shift in'. If that was Rashford or Martial running back like that this place would explode.

Funny and actually quite sad how some players will get a undeserved bad reputation while others will receive a positive but also undeserved reputation.

Look at the effort for the 4th.

Jogs out then can't be bothered to sprint 5 yards to pressure the ball and they score.

Genuinely don't know how the players get away with this.

What a terrible player. How he’s played so many games for the club is beyond me.

But for some reason he does have this reputation as the hardest worker. The player who will 'fight for the badge' and 'puts a shift in'. If that was Rashford or Martial running back like that this place would explode.

Funny and actually quite sad how some players will get a undeserved bad reputation while others will receive a positive but also undeserved reputation.
All the players you mentioned are guilty of being lazy and have on numerous occasions been well deserving of criticism. It's no surprise we have a poor team when we have multiple players who lack the right work ethic and attitude

What makes it more annoying is that he gets on the pitch to NOT offer the thing that he is sent out to do which is run around disrupt and move the ball on quickly, while Mejbri and Gore would give you all of that plus more.

Its like EtH has been told to keep playing him to maintain his sale value or something,.there is nothing he can be showing in training that puts him ahead of those two lads, it is inexcusable and if he gets on the pitch against Burnley after the last two showings then I'm done with baldy.
Whilst I don’t think he was good, it looks to me like he was brought in to sit on Kimmich.

This infuriated me, I think this is the one where Bruno sprinted back from the edge of the box to make a tackle in his own.

I’ve never been one to dislike mctominay but he was a disgrace tonight and shouldn’t see a match again unless his attitude seriously improves

That we continue to carry a player like Scott McTominay, who could have been sold for 30m, tells you everything you need to know about the state of Manchester United Football Club.

I saw his number come up on the board but then he never came on to the pitch. Really bizarre.

Jesus christ. Look where Rashford is when McT receives the ball, with Kim (?) in the foreground playing him onside.

Even disregarding effort levels, an actual midfielder receives the ball there and it's a 1v1 with the goalkeeper.

Jesus christ. Look where Rashford is when McT receives the ball, with Kim (?) in the foreground playing him onside.

Even disregarding effort levels, an actual midfielder receives the ball there and it's a 1v1 with the goalkeeper.
Yes I remember being furious at this moment as I'd spotted Rashford in acres of space. Just absolutely criminal that he can't find a pass there.

My guy hid behind Fred for years and is now exposed. "They're both decisively minded" my foot. McTom is nothing minded. So predictable that whenever he comes on, our momentum grinds to a halt.

This is why you should not overrate average players. We should have accepted the 30m bid and let him go. This whole nonsense of academy player /homegrown talent bs must stop. His level is Everton or fulham and he should be there.

For a sec I was like maybe he is not quite match fit but then I realized he played for Scotland in the internationals. That can't be it.

He hasn't showed any energy against Brighton or Bayern. What's the point if he doesn't even run?

The only explanation I have for his play is he doesn't want to be here cuz he knows he isn't wanted. Should have sold him. The glazers strike again.

He looks like he has checked out of the season already , his heart is not in it.

For a sec I was like maybe he is not quite match fit but then I realized he played for Scotland in the internationals. That can't be it.

He hasn't showed any energy against Brighton or Bayern. What's the point if he doesn't even run?

The only explanation I have for his play is he doesn't want to be here cuz he knows he isn't wanted. Should have sold him. The glazers strike again.
If Fabrizio is to be believed, the club were happy to let him go to Fulham on deadline day, but he turned it down.

Turning down the West Ham bid was stupid. Maybe he would have gone there.

These people. I’ll leave it here.
These people have right. To have a go at McTominay but not say a word of disaster defending of Eriksson, Casemiro for at least last couple of games is funny.

Hopefully Tuchel did not have a good view from his stand - otherwise that would be the end of his potential interest in him.

I think he did it on purpose. Hes about to become Bayern player, he doesnt want them to get knocked out of CL.

These people have right. To have a go at McTominay but not say a word of disaster defending of Eriksson, Casemiro for at least last couple of games is funny.

This is the McTominay thread. Who cares what they do. We're talking about McTominay in here and so far this season he'd be getting dropped from a Championship side. He's an atrocious player who should never play for the club again.

Thought he was good last night when he came on. Made a number of box entries, excellent in his duels and off the ball work.

A lot of the discussion around his lack of touches against Brighton was a result of a team level strategy of overloading the left hand side. Scotland do that often in International games where they attack through Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney and Callum McGregor down the left while McTominay provides a box threat with the timing of his runs into the box from the other side and his physical and aerial strengths.

I’ve been a big fan and defender of Scott, but I’m officially done. You can’t put in as little effort as he does and make it in a high level team.

Sick of him. He is a mediocre, limited player and doesn't even bother to compensate for that with physical effort.

He is being regularly lauded for being United through and through and I have to agree. He's such a middling, pedestrian, unprofessional player that he really summarizes what we've become.

Don't get me wrong, this is not on him. EtH is either blind, dumb or McT really shows something incredible during the training sessions. Surely Hannibal could have gotten playtime instead of this con artist.

Here's my post from a year ago:

He regularly is lazy though. When the opposition get in behind him he almost always does nothing but slowly jog back, letting all the opposition runners get further into space and doesn't try to help out defensively at all.

That moment last season where he did that and Fred (who started a good 10 metres or so behind him) literally had to sprint past McTominay to put pressure on the opposition really summed it up for me. I could be wrong but I think Scott may have even been the one who lost the ball to allow the opposition to get on the attack, yet he just couldn't be bothered getting back to help. Scott is actually quite fast on the rare occasion that he does sprint, but he just never does it. When we have the ball you might be able to say that his ambling around aimlessly is because of him not knowing where to be or a lack of confidence in imposing himself (which in itself would be a huge issue), but when he constantly does it defensively as well there can't be any excuses.

He worked slightly harder than Pogba and Matic over the last few seasons. Somehow that, combined with him being homegrown and knowing the right things to say in interviews, seems to have got people thinking that he works hard. In reality even in that attribute he is significantly below the average premier league central midfielder.
People seem to be saying this is something new from Scott. It's really not. Somehow he just got away with it without people highlighting it very often, perhaps because he normally had Fred there tearing around trying to put out those fires.

People seem to be saying this is something new from Scott. It's really not. Somehow he just got away with it without people highlighting it very often, perhaps because he normally had Fred there tearing around trying to put out those fires.

I think what we're seeing this season is a different level of laziness from him. He seems to be sulking on the pitch which I've never really seen from him before.

And people somehow used that against Fred and called him clueless for trying to cover for him. :wenger:

I think what we're seeing this season is a different level of laziness from him. He seems to be sulking on the pitch which I've never really seen from him before.
Nah, he was like this even when Ole was the manager. People just didn’t notice it as much because they were giving stick to Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.