View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TheRedHearted

laughtersassassin

Not a good source but the mail seem to think he will be in the squad. Would be amazing if he could start

Dannn411

Would love to see him this weekend if possible. Arsenal away is a brutal first game to start with.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Not a good source but the mail seem to think he will be in the squad. Would be amazing if he could start
I strongly doubt Ten Hag throws him straight for a starting debut when he joined after pre-season and that too being injured.

laughtersassassin

I strongly doubt Ten Hag throws him straight for a starting debut when he joined after pre-season and that too being injured.
I doubt it too but if he is fit then he is our best option. Hopefully if Hojlund can't/won't start it'll be Martial because Rashford is beyond crap up front.

Not that Martial is great himself but atleast it allows Rashford to play on the left

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I doubt it too but if he is fit then he is our best option. Hopefully if Hojlund can't/won't start it'll be Martial because Rashford is beyond crap up front.

Not that Martial is great himself but atleast it allows Rashford to play on the left
It would be negligence to start him. His minutes need to be managed until we are sure that he's 1) well integrated with his new team and 2) not putting too much load on his recovery which could develop into a stress fracture.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So coming off the bench then. At least he'll participate. Really excited for this guy.

Bwuk

Has to start imo.

We don't have any other good options.

laughtersassassin

Wish the club would post some training vids as I presume he is now in team training if he is contention for the squad on Sunday

RuudTom83

Start Martial against Forest and bring Højlund on after 60-70 mins.
Agreed...we just need Martial to stay fit until Saturday afternoon, warm-up without injury and play the match a hour without getting injured.

C'mon Tony you can do it!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'm strangely not excited to see him play, but this has more to do with the situation we're currently in than Hojlund himself. I think he will have hard time until we find our feet as a team.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Agreed...we just need Martial to stay fit until Saturday afternoon, warm-up without injury and play the match a hour without getting injured.

Man I love Martial, but considering his body's default setting is being injured most of the time, I think what you're asking is a real long shot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Has to start imo.

We don't have any other good options.
Very doubtful he's going to be thrown in from minute 0 when he didnt have a proper pre-season and is still recovering from the injury

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
15-20 this season and it increasing each season. Why pay £60-70m for a striker who will only average 10-15 goals a season, those are Chris Woods/Jordan Ayew numbers ffs.
Drogba scored over 15 league goals for Chelsea in only 2 seasons; Saha never scored 15 league goals; Roberto Firminho was instrumental to the best of Liverpool - 15 league goals, once. And so on and so forth.

Point is, forwards can contribute massively without being prolific themselves. It doesn't seem to be taken on board with all the demands for pure goalscoring output amongst what seems like the majority expecting/hoping for some Haaland lite kind of striker.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Luckhurst saying the opposite
That’s far more likely.

We just have to scrape by till after the international break when Hojlund, Mainoo and hopefully Mount will be back to strengthening us.

Chief123

Even though he’s not injured at the moment, he’s currently in that phase where he can play but is stationary a he’s completely unfit. Starting him right now is as good as being down to 10 men. Missing a whole pre-season has a big impact.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Even though he’s not injured at the moment, he’s currently in that phase where he can play but is stationary a he’s completely unfit. Starting him right now is as good as being down to 10 men. Missing a whole pre-season has a big impact.
How long has it been since he came back from injury? I’m not sure why he’s still not fully fit.

Chief123

How long has it been since he came back from injury? I’m not sure why he’s still not fully fit.
He is fit. You can be fit to play but not at optimal match fitness. Similar to a few of our players. They look well off the level needed.

lex talionis

15-20 this season and it increasing each season. Why pay £60-70m for a striker who will only average 10-15 goals a season, those are Chris Woods/Jordan Ayew numbers ffs.
I agree with your ffs sentiment. Why we spent 70m on a striker whose realistic output is no greater than 15 goals is hard to explain.

Real Name

Aye, comparisons with 31 year olds are apt.
Not.
He's a big potential so that output should rise..

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Just the instant impact signing we desperately needed up-front.

The fact he's the only signing the club is willing to make up front this window says it all regarding our ambitions.

Need the Glazers out now.