2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

MonkeysMagic

I feel sorry for him that he will have to head the attack for a team of braindead players that have the mental fragility of a 5 year old.

kaku06

Vulgarian
The fanbase are gonna put ridiculous pressure on this lad. He's not the finished article. People thinking he's gonna carry our goal threat this season will be disappointed.

Jimenez scored 3 goals last season. 6 the season before. Buying players that aren't good enough isn't going to help us. They're just bodies that we'll be unable to sell when they have proven to be useless.
I think he had injury issues if I’m not mistaken. But when fit Jimenez is a decent striker and can get goals easily and it’s not only about the goals it’s about playing players in their position. Playing Rashford as a striker kills us two ways. We are shit upfront and we are shit on the wings too.

CloneMC16

I think he had injury issues if I’m not mistaken. But when fit Jimenez is a decent striker and can get goals easily and it’s not only about the goals it’s about playing players in their position. Playing Rashford as a striker kills us two ways. We are shit upfront and we are shit on the wings too.
I agree about moving Rashford out of #9, but I don't want the club to be signing any more deadwood. The last good season Jimenez had was 19/20.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I agree about moving Rashford out of #9, but I don't want to the club signing any more deadwood. The last good season Jimenez had was 19/20.
Each to their own i guess but no striker is killing us right now. We can’t just have one striker, a 20yr old (don’t count martial) and since we have no funds to sign another good one for 50-60m, we should have gone for someone like Jimenez, that was my whole point.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ironic how people said Ten Hag faked his injury so we could relieve the pressure on him.

The weight of expectation on his shoulders is growing by the game.

George Beast

Only Newcastle and Brighton have apparently created more chances than United so far this season. Not to put pressure on Rasmus but it's obvious once he's back we'll be a lot better than we currently are

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I actually don't think he's got a great deal of pressure on him. Everyone, even the mob on twitter, seem to be giving him the benefit of the doubt so far.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I actually don't think he's got a great deal of pressure on him. Everyone, even the mob on twitter, seem to be giving him the benefit of the doubt so far.
I also think that is the case, YT creators are not doing him any favor with all those "how Hojlund TRANSFORMS United" though.
The problem is doom and gloom amongst United fans though, with so much negativity around we're absolutely desperate for any positive sign, and seems like Rasmus is the last hope.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He has not been a decent striker since he's come back to football, so why should we have signed him?
There is a good reason why he went to Fulham for 5.5m

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
With all the negativity, we have actually created some decent chances early in matches. If this kid can get into these positions and is able to finish, we will make a massive difference.

I hope he can get some minutes against forrest. Arsenal away is a horrible first game to be involved in.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I keep having daydreams about him making the same impact at United as Fernando Torres had at Liverpool. He was outrageously good in his debut season and arrived at a similar age and with a similar goalscoring record the previous season.

Then I remember we’re not allowed nice things and immediately dismiss the fantasy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I keep having daydreams about him making the same impact at United as Fernando Torres had at Liverpool. He was outrageously good in his debut season and arrived at a similar age and with a similar goalscoring record the previous season.

Then I remember we’re not allowed nice things and immediately dismiss the fantasy.
Would be awesome if this happened, although Im positive Torres record at Atletico before he joined Liverpool was streaks ahead of Hojlunds

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
When are we expecting him available? Im assuming this weekend is too early? Arsenal away isnt the best fixture to ease him in.
ETH might feel the need to rush him in quicker looking at the last 2 games. If he can make the bench for forest and get like 20 mins then that would be decent.

Jacob

Please be likeable. Work hard, no moaning, no destructive body language etc.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Torres was also 23 when he arrived, right ? Just about to get to the next level. This guy is still a teenager.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Would be awesome if this happened, although Im positive Torres record at Atletico before he joined Liverpool was streaks ahead of Hojlunds
Torres joined Liverpool at 23 TBF, and had 5 years at playing at a top league level by then. Goals per 90 in those 5 years:
18 - 0.49
19 - 0.60
20 - 0.43
21 - 0.37
22 - 0.41

Hojlund had 0.44 in his age 19 season which was his only one at a top league level so far, ahead of the likes of Cavani, Suarez (Eredivisie), Benzema, Roy Makaay, just below Rooney at 0.45 and Eto'o at 0.47 and Van Persie at 0.51 (Eredivisie). Henry and Higuain also below.

The best I've found of the past 20 years at their age 19 seasons in a big league were Haaland obviously, Lukaku, Torres and Aguero who were the only guys ahead of that batch above. Not a huge history of players scoring or playing regularly as a CF at that age in a big league.

Was bored a month ago and just went through the list of the best and top scoring CFs of the past 20-30 years and tried to get their goals per minute at their 18/19/20/21/22/23 etc seasons and see how he stacks up.

None of Villa, Vieiri, Shevchenko, Mario Gomez, Lewa, Kane, Ibra, Huntelaar, Falcao, Dzeko, Drogba played significant minutes in a big league at that age, or at all.

Kostov

Only Newcastle and Brighton have apparently created more chances than United so far this season. Not to put pressure on Rasmus but it's obvious once he's back we'll be a lot better than we currently are
That surely is incorrect. We barely created anything against Wolves all game and Spurs second half.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That surely is incorrect. We barely created anything against Wolves all game and Spurs second half.
Just going off of xG as "big chance" is a bit vague. We're at 4.42, Brighton are top on 7.52, Brentford on 5.38, villa, Newcastle, Liverpool, United, wolves all within like 0.3 of each other. Pointless to look at that stuff early on. But the issue has been garbage finishing but also conceding too many chances (just can't be on 4xG and 4xG against in 2 games).

AngliaRed

We’re not allowed nice things :lol::lol::lol:

Bondi77

Pressure is overrated.
If Rasmus has the tools to succeed and composure will have to be one of those then he will be fine

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Can’t believe we’re relying on a 20 year old to turn our season around… shambolic already and we’ve only played 2 games. Still not a clear identity.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So far as in before he’s kicked a ball? Then of course they have. Won’t take long for the knives to come out. The issue for him is that he isn’t walking into a solid team that is functioning well. Makes his start at united much harder than it would have otherwise been.

laughtersassassin

Anyone knows if he is training with the squad already?
No one knows for sure but some twitter rumours he is. Also some rumours there's a behind closed doors game against Burnley today so maybe we will hear if he plays in that