2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Very good defensively again. Was worried Mitoma might twist him inside out like he does to so many players but he kept him quiet.

Hopefully as he settles we'll see more going forward on overlaps, but he's had a solid start and is much better defensively than I thought he would be.

Just instantly very classy in everything he does. Great first touch, ice cool when he's being pressed. What's more surprising is that he has a real physical edge to him as well.

Going to be a great signing if he stays fit.

I think he prefers operating in the channel between the opposition fullback and centre back, which should pair well with Garnacho who stretches the pitch when he starts on the right.

He literally had an assist :lol:
Alright so he had one good pass. That’s a huge attacking performance right there. Just like Amad was amazing because he scored a goal.

As I said, it was a quiet performance going forward but a terrific one defensively. Impressed by his one on one defending.

Again one of the best players in the team today, even if the result wasn't quite what we wanted.

Alright so he had one good pass. That’s a huge attacking performance right there. Just like Amad was amazing because he scored a goal.

As I said, it was a quiet performance going forward but a terrific one defensively. Impressed by his one on one defending.

I mean you said he didn't do anything going forward, which I chuckled at considering he had an assist. Never said it was amazing or anything, relax

Wish his cross in the first half ended up with a better outcome, the buildup was excellent and deserved better. I think he’s a smart signing.

Very good again and good pass to Amad for the goal but perhaps a bit quiet going forwards, which is understandable as he's probably not super match fit and is finding the chemistry. That's not even mentioning he kept a very tricky winger quiet.

Probably not for the next game against Liverpool and I hesitate to say this but I would like to see him switch over with Dalot. Dalot has more running power on the overlap and I feel can be more effective in opening up the half spaces. If Mazraoui can do a good job at left back, I wouldn't mind him sitting back a bit more and playing inverted.

What's with this not fit excuses?

The first few games of the season should be the point where fitness is at 100%. They're just back from holidays and with proper management and preseason should be on top condition.

We seems to be the only club having this issue

What's with this not fit excuses?

The first few games of the season should be the point where fitness is at 100%. They're just back from holidays and with proper management and preseason should be on top condition.

We seems to be the only club having this issue

Eh?

Very good defensively again. Was worried Mitoma might twist him inside out like he does to so many players but he kept him quiet.

Yep.

Not worried about what he does on the ball, because I know he's generally good at that. But was worried the Brighton wingers would cause him trouble 1v1 and people would be lamenting AWB's absence. But actually he was was solid defensively.

He was fine.

We would be a better team with a natural left back and Wan Bissaka as the backup right back but that's not what happened so ho hum.

Man Utd 0:3 Liverpool New
Neat and tidy on the ball and with receiving it but do worry about his defensive contributions. Like he seemed to react hours later to Diaz getting his free header. Just never anywhere to be seen.
He’ll probably be useful in games we have more of the play but hell be massacred in games like today.

Neat and tidy on the ball and with receiving it but do worry about his defensive contributions. Like he seemed to react hours later to Diaz getting his free header. Just never anywhere to be seen.
He’ll probably be useful in games we have more of the play but hell be massacred in games like today.

To be fair he’s instructed to push up high, there’s no way he can be blamed for Casemiro giving the ball away in such a dangerous position.

To be fair he’s instructed to push up high, there’s no way he can be blamed for Casemiro giving the ball away in such a dangerous position.
Yeah but you can sprint back, he literally took an age to get back. There were still movements/passes between Casemiro giving the ball away and the actual goal.

Too high up the pitch when Casemiro gave the ball away on the first. Yes its Casemiro's mistake first and foremost but he doesnt need to be crossing the half way line when Casemiro makes that pass. The ball wasnt even intended for his side of the pitch. He just needed to be 20 yards behind and then he'd have been in position to help defend the cross

I said before I thought he was best right back at bayern sold more for politics then anything else. He is a proper player.

Some positive for the club from otherwise a bad start to season.

Too high up the pitch when Casemiro gave the ball away on the first. Yes its Casemiro's mistake first and foremost but he doesnt need to be crossing the half way line when Casemiro makes that pass. The ball wasnt even intended for his side of the pitch. He just needed to be 20 yards behind and then he'd have been in position to help defend the cross
Both fullbacks were pushing up so obviously an instruction

Both fullbacks were pushing up so obviously an instruction

At the right time obviously. Once again he pushed up and over the half way line just as Casemiro loses the ball, when the ball wasnt even out onto the right it was onto the left. He wasnt needed for the left side attack

Could've conceded a penalty with that kick. But otherwise, he was ok-ish as a new player in big game.

Thought he was good all things considered. Side note, but how Taylor played on after he'd been kneed in the head was pretty shitty.

I’m still trying to figure out what style of play he keeps going on about that made him want to play for ETH again. He reckons ETH style of play suits him. Can someone let him know he isn’t at Ajax anymore and that ETH no longer as a style.

I thought played okay overall. But he certainly had a few of iffy moments, especially the potential penalty.

Played well. Him and De Ligt are not used to players making rudimentary errors so they are playing football like they would in a good team. They’ll soon learn

I was expecting a bit more from him going forward. Dalot on the right side gets into good attacking positions which sometimes is an outlet for us. But defensively he is alright so far.

I understand he was high up the pitch but it took him forever to get back into position. Bruno busted a gut to get back in the box while Mazraoui jogged back. He needs to realize what league he's playing in fast.

Overall he's decent on the ball but his defensive contributions need tightening as more questions will be asked of him in the upcoming matches after the break. He reminds me somewhat of Alex Telles

Well of course not, we had the ball safe in possession and he's instructed to get up the pitch. Nobody knew Casemiro was going to give the ball away with such ease in that position .

He's been a bright spot, definitely.

I’m still trying to figure out what style of play he keeps going on about that made him want to play for ETH again. He reckons ETH style of play suits him. Can someone let him know he isn’t at Ajax anymore and that ETH no longer as a style.
What are you rambling on about.

I understand he was high up the pitch but it took him forever to get back into position. Bruno busted a gut to get back in the box while Mazraoui jogged back. He needs to realize what league he's playing in fast.

Overall he's decent on the ball but his defensive contributions need tightening as more questions will be asked of him in the upcoming matches after the break. He reminds me somewhat of Alex Telles

He didn't he just started alot closer, if he busted a gut be would have been able to challenge for the header

He didn't he just started alot closer, if he busted a gut be would have been able to challenge for the header

He was closer and he moved much quicker than Mazraoui. View the goal again and watch Mazraoui's movement when the play was developing after Bruno's ill fated pass to Casemiro. Mazraoui could've done much better

He was closer and he moved much quicker than Mazraoui. View the goal again and watch Mazraoui's movement when the play was developing after Bruno's ill fated pass to Casemiro. Mazraoui could've done much better

So could Bruno, because Bruno could have actually made it back to challenge for the ball

So could Bruno, because Bruno could have actually made it back to challenge for the ball

Not disagreeing, but my point is that Bruno moved with more purpose/intention and he actually made it back to the box.

Mazraoui could've easily done the same despite being higher up, but he took a leisurely stroll back. It's his performance thread so I'm focusing on his actions primarily.