View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Wonder if Tim Sherwood watched his performance last night

Excellent debut, hopefully he can carry that form for the rest of the season as there will be tougher tests to come.

His technical attributes are far above Telles. His forward passing, touch and quality on the ball are on another level to Telles. The only real uncertainty I have about him is defending one v one but if he defends like that every game could end up being an incredible signing for the price.
It was also apparent from the start (at least for me) that Telles lacked the combined physicality (pace and strength) to be a top level PL fullback. Mazraoui looked great in physical duels yesterday.

Maybe if you're a good athlete and with decent technical level you don't actually need any "EPL bedding in period". Looked good yesterday although didn't have a lot of 1on1 defending to do, and surprisingly little overlapping runs. But it's first game so probably what ETH wanted from him, which is a good approach.

Miles better than Dalot?! And you put Dalot in the same bracket as Telles and Williams? The level of disrespect Dalot gets on here is incomprehensible, he’s a quality fullback and was our POTY last season. Honestly, it’s like Christmas Day on here with Mazraoui. We’ve got a shiny new toy so let’s totally disregard the toys that have given us plenty in the past.

PS: Mazraoui did have a very promising debut and I think he will be a great addition. I do, however, remember Darmian having a similarly solid debut and the Caf nearly anointing him the new Gary Neville.
I don't and never have rated Dalot. Sorry if that upsets you.

A massive upgrade on AWB, particularly in terms of his passing and control in tight spaces. Very good debut.

I don't and never have rated Dalot. Sorry if that upsets you.
Dalot is a steady eddie, decent on the ball, decent defender, pretty horrible going forward (arguably no better than AWB in terms of actual crossing ability) but in a season in which basically every player underperformed or missed large chunks, he was a standout performer last year.

In time, we'll need much better than him to compete for titles but he's a good squad player.

One thing I was happy about was how quickly he and Maguire found a rhythm on that side with Mazraoui only having been here a couple of days. No big misunderstandings and both of them were good at covering the spaces left by the other. Indicates that his positional sense is a whole lot stronger than AWB's and, frankly, Dalots (although I really like Dalot as well).

Very good. Love how composed he was on the ball and the passing with both feet. Beautiful when he went in between two players and made a good pass with his left.
Would like to see him as an inverted wingback on the left. Think he would suite there better than Dalot.

I was surprised when people here were not happy with the transfer(apart from injury reasons). He's a top FB, fits Ten Hag's style so well too.

I claimed he was better than Dalot, and will be a starter for us this season. Lets hope he can carry this on.
Most people were concerned by his injury history not by his skills

Doesn't mean that Dalot isn't a very good fullback. Just that we have three of them now. I'd also back Dalot to be more successful than the other two when it comes to staying free from injury.
Oh I’m not saying that he isn’t. Just that only 2 can play. However he usually stays fit and the other 2 don’t so there will be loads of playtime to go around

Very good debut. Can’t expect much more from him at this stage considering he’s about 2 training sessions with us.

Noticed when in possession that he was often tucked into the midfield area of the pitch. Hope he stays fit as he looks brilliant. Even in the training videos, he just looked class each time.

Wondering if Ten Hag will keep him on the right or perhaps look to blood him in as our semi-permanent LB going forward. I could understand playing him in his favoured position for his debut to ease the nerves and help him settle quickly, but considering his impressive attributes I do wonder if he could do a job as our LB going forward. I'm not a huge fan of Dalot on the left anyway.

The interesting dilemma is when Shaw is back fit, and whether he's able to displace Dalot permanently in the team.

As Ajax supporter not surprised a bit that he did well. I'm very curious how this will affect Antony. One of the reasons Antony excelled at Ajax was that he made an impressive tandem together with Nous.

As Ajax supporter not surprised a bit that he did well. I'm very curious how this will affect Antony. One of the reasons Antony excelled at Ajax was that he made an impressive tandem together with Nous.

Antony doesn’t deserve to be near the team. Amad and Garnacho are ahead of him. Then we will accommodate Hojlund when he’s back fit.

Antony doesn’t deserve to be near the team. Amad and Garnacho are ahead of him. Then we will accommodate Hojlund when he’s back fit.
While I agree with that based on his performances at United so far I am really curious if Mazraoui could once again bring the best out of him. Even at Ajax Antony was underwhelming when Nous was injured so it certainly is worth a shot since you've spent so much money on the guy.

He plays fullback like I play fullbacks on FIFA. Sprinting inside with a big touch to pass forward. AWB could also do it except he was garbage at passing with his left.

I liked that he was touch tight defensively an on the front foot all game. Made 2 vital interceptions/blocks that saved probable goals. Great addition.

He definitely deserves an opportunity to play next to a right back he has excelled with at Ajax, and he will get one.

Mazraoui was good last night and if he’s healthy he will make RB spot his own.

Wondering if Ten Hag will keep him on the right or perhaps look to blood him in as our semi-permanent LB going forward. I could understand playing him in his favoured position for his debut to ease the nerves and help him settle quickly, but considering his impressive attributes I do wonder if he could do a job as our LB going forward. I'm not a huge fan of Dalot on the left anyway.

The interesting dilemma is when Shaw is back fit, and whether he's able to displace Dalot permanently in the team.

I presumed that a big part of him playing RB last night was because it would have been a fairly horrific baptism of fire in the Prem with the pace of the game to have your first match up against Adam's Traore. Sure fire way to pick up early yellows and have a torrid time when you've never played at the speed of this league

For the people that know him, what parts of his game was he mostly criticised for? Is it mostly his fitness?

He looked great yesterday, hope he can stay fit.

For the people that know him, what parts of his game was he mostly criticised for? Is it mostly his fitness?

He can be rather injury prone but when fit he's a perfect back and can even play as a 6.

He plays lovely little blind passes through the lines to actually move the team, when AWB would just pass it back and invite pressure. Makes a huge difference.

Fitness, and occasionally can be hot and cold against weaker teams.

He’s also better going forward than he’s shown. Once he gets to full fitness and build rapport with whoever is ahead of him you will see a lot more overlap, decoy runs, interchange. Worth keeping him there at least until the break to see how he does with Amad/Garnacho, or if he can salvage Antony’s career.

One of the best performances last night. One thing that struck me was his choice of passing, unpredictable at times, which we haven’t seen from a RB at United for a long while!

Fitness, and occasionally can be hot and cold against weaker teams.

He’s also better going forward than he’s shown. Once he gets to full fitness and build rapport with whoever is ahead of him you will see a lot more overlap, decoy runs, interchange. Worth keeping him there at least until the break to see how he does with Amad/Garnacho, or if he can salvage Antony’s career.
I think he is judged harshly regarding his fitness record. He had a long spell with covid heart issues which had nothing to do with football. He can also score goals and he will always have a drive forward. Technically very good and not arrogant whatsoever. With ETH he will get a chance to show he belongs as starter on RB