2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
For the people that know him, what parts of his game was he mostly criticised for? Is it mostly his fitness?

He looked great yesterday, hope he can stay fit.
Only watched him play with the national team and because of Hakimi he had to play in the LB but I was never fully satisfied with his role in that position. His defending was ok but he brought nothing to the attack and on top of that he was often injured.

S
I think he is judged harshly regarding his fitness record. He had a long spell with covid heart issues which had nothing to do with football. He can also score goals and he will always have a drive forward. Technically very good and not arrogant whatsoever. With ETH he will get a chance to show he belongs as starter on RB
Since 19/20 he’s missed at least 2 months every season.

That’s still Superman level fitness compared to Shaw, but not a spotless record by any means.

S

Since 19/20 he’s missed at least 2 months every season.

That’s still Superman level fitness compared to Shaw, but not a spotless record by any means.
Not only due to unfitness, but also the new trainer did not prefer him.

I don't and never have rated Dalot. Sorry if that upsets you.
No need to apologise, it doesn’t upset me. It does make me question your judgement however. Dalot is a very good fullback, not a Carvajal for sure, but he is among the best right backs in the league. If Mazraoui ousts him then that can only be a good thing for the team, it doesn’t make him a

No need to apologise, it doesn’t upset me. It does make me question your judgement however. Dalot is a very good fullback, not a Carvajal for sure, but he is among the best right backs in the league. If Mazraoui ousts him then that can only be a good thing for the team, it doesn’t make him a
a what?

This page has been livid that Bayern sold him and De Ligt just like that

My MOTM. So calm and composed on the ball. Love the way he inverted into midfield and played some nice progressive passes through the lines. Also made some really good blocks/interceptions, more notably, when he defended the cross sent in by Traore.

If that's what he gives us without being fully integrated into team, then I look forward to what he will do when his is. One thing I would have liked to see more of was underlapping runs in those wide forward roles. I remember he and Antony used to do that so well at Ajax, and I believe we will see the same thing with Amad, given time.

Solid debut!

Dalot is a steady eddie, decent on the ball, decent defender, pretty horrible going forward (arguably no better than AWB in terms of actual crossing ability) but in a season in which basically every player underperformed or missed large chunks, he was a standout performer last year.

In time, we'll need much better than him to compete for titles but he's a good squad player.
Dalot is most certainly not horrible going forward, far from it...Yesterday alone, playing on the left side, he delivered two quality crosses, granted it was from his right foot, but those were assist worthy crosses. Too bad we only had Bruno in the box.

The amount of disrespect Dalot still gets here is mindblowing to me.

Dalot is most certainly not horrible going forward, far from it...Yesterday alone, playing on the left side, he delivered two quality crosses, granted it was from his right foot, but those were assist worthy crosses. Too bad we only had Bruno in the box.

Give them time. Dalot only had his breakout season last year. I hope he's truly turned the corner from his Doze-alot days, though I did see shades of it during the Euros.

Dalot is a steady eddie, decent on the ball, decent defender, pretty horrible going forward (arguably no better than AWB in terms of actual crossing ability) but in a season in which basically every player underperformed or missed large chunks, he was a standout performer last year.

In time, we'll need much better than him to compete for titles but he's a good squad player.
This needs to be thread marked . An iconic post.

Been stung by fullback debuts before, but he was very good

I can't think of too many players in any position we've bought in recent years that people haven't raved about after their first game.

Even Donny was great after his debut game.

It's not disrespectful to say he falls short of being an elite level fullback.

Flawless debut. Distribution, positioning, awareness, showed good movement, always open for a pass. Solid in the air and made numerous positives passes into the final third. Looks a good athlete too.

As Ajax supporter not surprised a bit that he did well. I'm very curious how this will affect Antony. One of the reasons Antony excelled at Ajax was that he made an impressive tandem together with Nous.
I hope we don't find out.

Garnacho and Amad are both going to be of greater benefit to the team on the right wing than Antony. Having a technical full back who can attack will help all our attackers, not just Antony.

You said he's a squad player when he's a very good starting fullback
Well that's not disrespectful either. That's an opinion on my part based on my decades of experience watching United and other top teams.

He's OK, he's solid, but he's not the level of an elite full back.

I could name some elite fullbacks as examples, but the problem when you do that on here is that the point becomes lost as it descends into a lowest common denominator argument about whether "Player X is better than Player Y"

BUT...if I were to say, for example, "Ashley Cole"...99.99% of this forum would agree he's an elite fullback and much better than Dalot. So there's the level we should be aspiring too, and that's the level I sat and watched at United, and from our best opponents from the PL and around Europe for two decades. Dalot isn't in that bracket, he's in the 'Spurs' bracket.

Have to say that was one of the most impressive debuts that I can remember in a long time. Don’t think he put a foot wrong all game. Very good start. Personally thought he should have been given MOTM.

I think he is judged harshly regarding his fitness record. He had a long spell with covid heart issues which had nothing to do with football. He can also score goals and he will always have a drive forward. Technically very good and not arrogant whatsoever. With ETH he will get a chance to show he belongs as starter on RB
How did he contract COVID as a matter of interest?

Well that's not disrespectful either. That's an opinion on my part based on my decades of experience watching United and other top teams.

He's OK, he's solid, but he's not the level of an elite full back.

I could name some elite fullbacks as examples, but the problem when you do that on here is that the point becomes lost as it descends into a lowest common denominator argument about whether "Player X is better than Player Y"

BUT...if I were to say, for example, "Ashley Cole"...99.99% of this forum would agree he's an elite fullback and much better than Dalot. So there's the level we should be aspiring too, and that's the level I sat and watched at United, and from our best opponents from the PL and around Europe for two decades. Dalot isn't in that bracket, he's in the 'Spurs' bracket.

There’s not a single left back in the league at Ashley Cole level.

How did he contract COVID as a matter of interest?
If I remember correctly, he got it during the world cup in Qatar. Probably didn't really cured it because he wanted to play again in Morocco's run into the semi finals.

Bayern then got Cancelo on loan and Mazraoui didn't play a big role anymore.

In 2023 I only remember his unfortunate pro Palestinian post after the October 7th attacks, which made huge headlines in Germany. Especially as Bayern is club with an important Jewish history.

Can't remember of any outstanding games of him last season and wasn't bothered when he was sold.
Kimmich played RB in the second half of the season. We got Stansic back from Leverkusen who I rate higher.

I really enjoyed how effective he was coming inside. He was creating passing angles that AWB could never do and having a good left-foot gave us so many more options.

I really enjoyed how effective he was coming inside. He was creating passing angles that AWB could never do.
Which can’t be understated from a tactical standpoint. Not only do those passes have the potential to create directly, defenders will be well aware he’s capable of those passes and it gives them a massive positional headache.

Brighton 2:1 Man Utd New
Kept Mitouma quiet all game. I like how touch-tight he gets when the winger has the ball. Reminds me of Rafael in that sense.

According to a few posters in the match day thread he’s no better than Telles ever was.

To me he didn’t put a foot wrong, and he completely silenced Mitoma.

An assist for Amad, although he basically did it himself from where he got the ball

Not too involved in the game because Mitoma wasnt, other than he created the first goal putting the ball into the ball past Mazraoui and Maguire for Welbeck to put in

Nowhere near as good as the first week but other than the first goal where he might have done better, didnt really make any mistakes

He didn’t much in attack but basically had Mitoma in his pocket all game