2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Shows the level we need from our fullbacks, it makes a difference.
We need to dig out another fullback of this level, just without the injuries.

My guess is we get update later today, would rest him for Barnsley in League Cup but fear an enforced change for the trip to Palace on Saturday
I think Amass would have been pencilled in for that game anyway.

This is what a quality offensive fullback looks like. We persisted with jelly-legs AWB for far too long.

Quietly seems like one of the most solid buys of all at this point. Just goes about his business under the radar with minimum fuss

Really decent player but injury prone and I felt at the start of the season not signing an out and out left back could be an issue this season. What we should have is dalot/maz rotating and competing for the right back spot and a left back/luke shaw when he’s fit.

If maz is injured, who do we play rb/lb.

Hopefully nothing serious, he won't be playing tomorrow evening so he's got a week to rest up.

Really decent player but injury prone and I felt at the start of the season not signing an out and out left back could be an issue this season. What we should have is dalot/maz rotating and competing for the right back spot and a left back/luke shaw when he’s fit.

If maz is injured, who do we play rb/lb.

Yeah was neglect not signing a LB

So many people shitting on AWB because Maz has improved us on the right compared to last season when in reality, Dalot was the one playing RB majority last year :lol:

The actual truth is that Amad + Maz is a better combination than whoever we played on the right flank last year.

So many people shitting on AWB because Maz has improved us on the right compared to last season when in reality, Dalot was the one playing RB majority last year :lol:

The actual truth is that Amad + Maz is a better combination than whoever we played on the right flank last year.
Dalot was our best player last year. People are comparing him to AWB because that's essentially who he replaced here...

It's not that complex.

Has anyone said that? Seems to me people are simply making a like for like comparison.
We swapped out AWB for Maz and when fit, Maz looks absolutely light years ahead of AWB as a player.

I think people see now just how awful AWB was on the ball. Mazraoui and Amad are tidy players who can link up well, because they don't need 5 touches to get the ball under control so they can spoon a pass with the outside of their foot.

That's what's made the biggest impact on the right side, I'd imagine it would still fall to shit with Dalot too.

This is what a quality offensive fullback looks like. We persisted with jelly-legs AWB for far too long.
Man say “jelly-legs” AWB! No sure if you implying AWB is always injured but you might want to go take a look at Mazraoui’s injury record.

Has anyone said that? Seems to me people are simply making a like for like comparison.
We swapped out AWB for Maz and when fit, Maz looks absolutely light years ahead of AWB as a player.

The real reason is that we finally have a proper right winger playing a proper team role in front of the right back instead of leaving him stranded.

Our fullbacks have unrealistic expectations hoisted on them. They’re supposed to provide offense as well as do the defensive work for both themselves and the winger in front of them. And they’re supposed to help bail out our centre backs when we’re being countered as well.

Great news. Wouldn’t risk any of them against Barnsley though, save all 3 for palace at weekend.

Don't think we have enough fit defenders to pull that off. We could play Amass, Evans, Maguire but who plays at RB? I feel either Dalot starts or we're getting one of our CBs out of position at RB (maybe De Ligt)

I think people see now just how awful AWB was on the ball. Mazraoui and Amad are tidy players who can link up well, because they don't need 5 touches to get the ball under control so they can spoon a pass with the outside of their foot.

That's what's made the biggest impact on the right side, I'd imagine it would still fall to shit with Dalot too.
Why did no one ever tell him to cut that shit out? It wasn't even a neat little flick. Most of the time he put the intended receiver under pressure because it was short and imprecise.

Don't think we have enough fit defenders to pull that off. We could play Amass, Evans, Maguire but who plays at RB? I feel either Dalot starts or we're getting one of our CBs out of position at RB (maybe De Ligt)
It’s more the pace aspect of what we have. Amass is very young and not there yet. Maguire, Martinez are decent centre backs but not sure if quick enough to play in them positions when coming up against the leagues top wingers. Definitely an area I thought we’d invest in over the summer.

Why did no one ever tell him to cut that shit out? It wasn't even a neat little flick. Most of the time he put the intended receiver under pressure because it was short and imprecise.

No idea, I don't even know what anyone saw in him to be honest, Fred for me was the same. No Pass appreciation, it was something I learned at u12s, I can't stand players who don't have it.

Thank feck. His record is terrible though, an injury is a matter of time so he shouldn't be playing every game. We need to manage him properly.