Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anchelotti was manager when we signed him in 2009 but I would bet he had very little to do with transfers. , Matic was a cheap Frank Arneson buy.

Why do you think Matic never got a chance at Chelsea? He clearly has the physique to play here, he was highly rated and there were opportunities for him to break into the team...what happened there?

For whats feasible this windows, Matic and Banega are both player we should be in for. Matic seems like he going to cost 30m and Banega apparently can be as little as 8m. I understand if we do go for Matic, given we just bough Fellaini, but not taking that chance on Banega would be crazy.

Hopefully Fellaini come good, and still have faith in him, but if not, i guess the potential saving grace would be the World Cup. Were he to have a amazing Wordl Cup and be a stand out player for Belgium (which he usually is), PSG or Monaco may come in and cut our losses

Why do you think Matic never got a chance at Chelsea? He clearly has the physique to play here, he was highly rated and there were opportunities for him to break into the team...what happened there?

I think we just wanted Luiz more and Benfica wanted Matic as part of that deal. Matic would have had more chances if we had not swapped him.

The timing of the rumours is suspicious to say the least. Ojogo is a Porto-based paper, a few Benfiquistas think the rumours are true, others think it's an attempt at unsettling Benfica's team for the game about to start in 10 minutes.

No players available, difficult to buy in January but Chelsea will end up with his signature by the end of this transfer window.

Moyes won't want him and Fellaini. We've made our choice. I believe Koke is the next he wants. Not overly convinced by him either myself tbh.

We'd look unbelievably stupid if Chelsea managed to buy him for £20 million, and we're left with Fellaini for £27 million and no one else because January is so difficult.

So Chelsea let him go for free basically and now they're buying him back for £20m?

Yeah but we did get Luiz as part of the deal! :nervous:

Theres no guarantee he would have turned out as good as he has if he had stayed.

Think of it as a longer, more expensive loan deal.

Di Marzio saying it will happen tomorrow. So they bid today and tomorrow they sign him? I wish we were that efficient!

Yeah but we did get Luiz as part of the deal! :nervous:

Theres no guarantee he would have turned out as good as he has if he had stayed.

Think of it as a longer, more expensive loan deal.

Yeh, and for once this time, he's actually a 'loan' player who had a chance of one day playing for Chelsea.

The club is a joke. Beggars belief what they do.

Apparently, the deal is done for €23m. Assuming we're not interested at all, if he's available for that.

And a great subtraction for Benfica. Happy times.

Benfica took advantage of our desperation to land Luiz at the time. Hopefully it's as close to being done as the media say and he can play some part at the weekend. £20 million is a great price, if you exclude the fact we sold him before.

So Benfica got 45m for David Luiz and an excellent player free of charge (apart from wages) for two and a half seasons.

While we moan about how difficult it is signing players, other teams go out and sign them.

It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.
They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. fecking vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Chelsea FC #fecktards 4ever.

Nailed on the score the winner against us on Sunday now, wait and see... Poor Tom won't know his arse from his elbow up against Chelsea's midfield.

It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.
They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. fecking vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Chelsea FC #fecktards 4ever.
"Money" is the answer for most of the player

Chelsea have a brilliant young player with Chalobah (He plays the same position like Matic).......he must leave Chelsea as soon as possible.........he has no chance there (espcially under Mourinho)

They don't trust even Lukaku after his great season with West Bromwich

23 players on loan!!!!!!! That says everything!!!!

I know the wrong thread to talk about Chelsea's youth :)

No one thought Barca looked stupid when they bought back Fabregas for 25m after lossing him for almost free.

Who cares, if it looks ridiculous. Barca let go of Fabregas, Pique and Jordi Alba only to buy them from other clubs later. Dortmund did the same with Reus.

The only thing that matters is, whether Matic will improve our midfield (if he actually joins Chelsea). With Lampard and Essien long past it, van Ginkel out for a season and still an unknown commodity, we need to strengthen our CM. I haven't seen much of him at Benfica, but apparently he's done very well in his time there.

Who cares, if it looks ridiculous. Barca let go of Fabregas, Pique and Jordi Alba only to buy them from other clubs later. Dortmund did the same with Reus.

The only thing that matters is, whether Matic will improve our midfield (if he actually joins Chelsea). With Lampard and Essien long past it, van Ginkel out for a season and still an unknown commodity, we need to strengthen our CM. I haven't seen much of him at Benfica, but apparently he's done very well in his time there.

This is the bottom line, I am sure none if us United fans would give a flying feck if we went back and bought Pogba in the summer.

Bloody hope he doesn't sign before this weekend.....just imagine him against someone like Cleverly :nono:

We don't have Chelsea's kind of money but we should take their approach to transfers. They don't dilly dally or put derisory bids to test the waters. There is no club on the planet that will ever drop their asking price. The best deal you can get is a player+cash like in the Matic/Luiz deal or the Eto'o/Zlatan deal. If Chelsea want a player they just show up with the money. How long did it take us to sign Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.