Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean Chalobah, the kid I'm talking about is Dutch or Belgian or something.

And isn't Chalobah at Notts Forest, not Watford?

Sorry for some reason I amalgamated the post of yours and poccos saying Josh and thought you were talking about him.

You dont mean Van Ginkel do you he was dutch and we were raving a bit? He wasnt from our youth though.

Who's that youngster Chelsea fans were raving about at the start of the season? I'm sure he was a midfielder. What does this mean for him? Is he injured? I don't recall seeing a young player I don't know in midfield for Chelsea recently.

Either De Brunye or Van Ginkel

It'll be seriously annoying if this guy turns out to be good. And it'll be even more annoying if it turns out that we were preparing a bid for him, while Chelsea just jumped in and signed him. And it'll also be annoying if we claim to have never been interested....

Doubt we were that interested to be honest. Moyes would have wanted him watched extensively before readying any sort of bid.

Doubt we were that interested to be honest. Moyes would have wanted him watched extensively before readying any sort of bid.

But if he's anything like he's been made out to be (ie. a class player,) then why weren't we interested? At some point, we need to address the midfield, and Chelsea's acquiring Matic, shows that players can be found in the January window.

But if he's anything like he's been made out to be (ie. a class player,) then why weren't we interested? At some point, we need to address the midfield, and Chelsea's acquiring Matic, shows that players can be found in the January window.

If Andy Mitten is to be believed, and he is very reliable, we're after a more offensive minded centre midfield player. A Koke for example.

What happened to Romeu?

After his first few months there were reports of Barca wanting to buy him back.

What happened to Romeu?

He started well and looked very promising. He suffered a very bad knee injury around last Christmas and was out for the rest of the season. He's at Valencia on loan now, most likely to ensure game time to help his rehabilitation and confidence.

If Andy Mitten is to be believed, and he is very reliable, we're after a more offensive minded centre midfield player. A Koke for example.

We should be after both, Matic would have been a great signing. How long can Carrick go on? Ideally, he wouldn't need to be a starter next season, so in all honesty we'd need 2 new first choice midfielders, and have Carrick, Fletcher and Cleverley as cover. We could probably do with an attacking one for subs too.

We should be after both, Matic would have been a great signing. How long can Carrick go on? Ideally, he wouldn't need to be a starter next season, so in all honesty we'd need 2 new first choice midfielders, and have Carrick, Fletcher and Cleverley as cover. We could probably do with an attacking one for subs too.

We don't have the money for both, in all likelihood. We have to prioritise signings. Also, I'm sure Moyes still sees Fellaini playing the deeper midfield role.

We don't have the money for both, in all likelihood. We have to prioritise signings. Also, I'm sure Moyes still sees Fellaini playing the deeper midfield role.

But if we don't have the money, then what is all this talk of 100 million pound war chest? That's obviously not directed at you Cunto (sorry, but I just cracked up typing that!) but I just hope we're not going all smoke and mirrors here....

But if we don't have the money, then what is all this talk of 100 million pound war chest? That's obviously not directed at you Cunto (sorry, but I just cracked up typing that!) but I just hope we're not going all smoke and mirrors here....

No sweat, many a people get a kick out the ridiculous username. In my opinion all this talk of a war-chest is complete bullshit, we've briefed the press with the idea we're prepared to spend tens and even hundreds of millions. I'll believe it when I see it. I see us signing four or five players in the summer for about £60 million, which won't bring in much quality. Some more Everton level signings are a possibility.

No sweat, many a people get a kick out the ridiculous username. In my opinion all this talk of a war-chest is complete bullshit, we've briefed the press with the idea we're prepared to spend tens and even hundreds of millions. I'll believe it when I see it. I see us signing four or five players in the summer for about £60 million, which won't bring in much quality. Some more Everton level signings are a possibility.

Sadly, I feel you're probably right. And that's the scariest thing of all: that we become Everton.

Isn't 60million 'tens' of millions :confused:

If we assume that the club plan to spend close to £100m on transfer fees over the next 6-8 months, then we are looking at three or four players max. This doesn't even include the increase that we will see on our wage bill.

If we are to sign four players I would personally much prefer that these are spread over the pitch. A central midfielder, winger, left-back and centre-back are necessary IMO, and quality added to these areas would have a huge effect on the team.

Do people who suggest that we sign two central midfielders expect us to simply offload or bench all of Carrick, Jones, Cleverly, Fellaini, Fletcher, Anderson? It isn't going to happen. Anderson is the only likely candidate to be sold and he will bring in peanuts. I'd be suprised if any of the others were sold, but if Moyes is convinced and makes a brave decision then I would welcome it.

Four quality players in the positions listed and we will be back amongst the elite and in a strong position for the next couple of seasons.

Excellent we can start building a powerhouse midfield like we had in the mid 00's now, its been one of our weaker points for a few seasons now.

You've stacked up offensive midfielders for 4231, you could probably build 3 good teams with them. Now get someone good behind them and you'll be golden - Ramires is all right but the rest isn't up to scratch. Matic would be a welcome addition.

What happened to Romeu?

Seems to have come in as first choice in Valencia's midfield recently. Hasnt impressed me since his initial games with Chelsea though. Certainly doesn't look to be doing the defensive job he looked like he might be able to do in the past

Seems like a good deep lying ball winning midfielder with good ball playing skills.

Funny I thought players weren't available in Jan, oh right thats just for us with the Glazers sqeezing every last drop of cash out of us. It shows if you pay the money players are available!

Funny I thought players weren't available in Jan, oh right thats just for us with the Glazers sqeezing every last drop of cash out of us. It shows if you pay the money players are available!

We broke our record for a midfielder in the summer

We broke our record for a midfielder in the summer

We have just listened to Moyes saying how difficult it is to spend in Jan, then Chelsea just walk in and sign a quality midfield player even though they already have quality in that area of the team, its clear you can buy in Jan, infact we have done it in the past its just another excuse for limited spending by the leeches, put it under NO VALUE!. As for Fellani, his relatively cheap wages probably helped clinch the deal when we should have been after some real quality instead of penny pinching.

We have just listened to Moyes saying how difficult it is to spend in Jan, then Chelsea just walk in and sign a quality midfield player even though they already have quality in that area of the team, its clear you can buy in Jan, infact we have done it in the past its just another excuse for limited spending by the leeches, put it under NO VALUE!. As for Fellani, his relatively cheap wages probably helped clinch the deal when we should have been after some real quality instead of penny pinching.

The fact the player himself came out and said he loved Chelsea today tells me we didn't have a chance to begin with...

We need a Matic style player, to win the ball, be strong and defend when needed, Ramires is good for that but is not as strong and a foul machine. We need that 2005-2009 Essein mould player that made out midfield a powerhouse in the mid 00's and hopefully he can do that. Our top, top class quality lies in the forward midfield and the CM has been a bit of a weak point for us, as well as forwards in the past couple of seasons.

Now if we could only get a top class CF I would actually fancy our chances this season.

They have the potential to have a brilliant midfield 5 with Matic and Ramires both box to box but also very good defensively, then Oscar, Hazard and one of Mata, Willian or Schurrle as the other winger. I think Mourinho is trying to build a team similar to the one he had before at Chelsea, great wingers, very strong midfield and solid all around. Can see him signing a center back in the summer and obviously a striker (or just Lukaku coming back).
Their potential team next season or the next few years...
Courtois​
Azpilicueta David Luiz Cahill Shaw​
Matic Ramires​
Willian Oscar Hazard​
Lukaku​
You have to say, that looks great all around, apart from center backs but I think that Mourinho isn't a huge fan of any of the center backs they currently have, or they probably aren't as good as he hopes his teams defence can be and will sign somebody else for those positions.​

We're a season or two behind Chelsea with regards to building the squad that the manager wants. Unfortunately Chelsea are mostly excellent at securing the players they want.

The fact the player himself came out and said he loved Chelsea today tells me we didn't have a chance to begin with...

Maybe if we actually tried to sign a midfielder things wouldn't always be like this? All we see is players going to all the other top clubs and then fans saying we didn't have a chance to sign them (like Thiago, and now Matic). It wouldn't be like that if we actually fecking tried, rather then just think "will we ,won't we" and then somebody else goes in and buys them. We need to start doing what we did for Fabregas a lot more, except on a player who there's an actual chance to sign, unlike Fabregas who anybody could tell that there was never any hope for.

You couldn't expect him to say anything else. Quite a few say that when they sign for a new team, obviously a returnee will say the same.

He wouldn't come up with something like "yeah, I've hated them all this time for swapping me for a dubious CB after building my hopes up. But well, I've got my career to think of, and they offered me a good deal, so I'm giving them another chance".

Status
Not open for further replies.