Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, why on earth did we not put a bid in? Even if we had other prospects, why didnt we create a bidding war to make chelsea pay more money? Obv there is always a risk with this strategy, but 25m euros seems like a bargain...I mean. ..fellaini...

Just wondering, why on earth did we not put a bid in? Even if we had other prospects, why didnt we create a bidding war to make chelsea pay more money? Obv there is always a risk with this strategy, but 25m euros seems like a bargain...I mean. ..fellaini...

the club is trying hard to sign players ok? So give them a break!. Thats according to Paddy!

It's funny, I'm just surprised its not a tactic attempted more regularly. Perhaps shows that more goes on in the background than clear, maybe teams know much more about other teams targets

Why do people keep assuming that the club didn't try to bid? It's all down to the player in the end. He chose Mourinho, what can United do?

You'd think that Chelsea also have a relationship with Benfica following the Matic-Luiz deal previous to this.

Giving him to Benfica for free basically and then buying him back for 21m a few years later? Great business.

Adding the two deals, it boils down to Chelsea paying 45m euros for David Luiz and loaning them a fantastic player for two and a half seasons.

Giving him to Benfica for free basically and then buying him back for 21m a few years later? Great business.
Tbf sometimes I do admire how Madrid and Chelsea don't give a feck about price or how ridiculous a transfer looks. If they want someone badly enough they'll do what's necessary.

Most times I think they are batshit mental though.

Tbf sometimes I do admire how Madrid and Chelsea don't give a feck about price or how ridiculous a transfer looks. If they want someone badly enough they'll do what's necessary.

Most times I think they are batshit mental though.

It helps that they have the deepest pockets too though no?

clearly not the point he was making

So you'd be okay if you bought Carvalho from Sporting for 25m Euros, gave them Nani. Nani performs greatly for 2 years so you decide to buy him back for 21m?

I'd think not. Yes, the point was about it going quickly in terms of going through but he said he had other offers and for all we know one may have been from United. Some of you are a bit blinded by your transfer activity that you forget it was shite business/transfer wise from Chelsea in the first place.

How much would you be willing to pay to get Pogba back?

In the end, the only thing that matters is what happens on the pitch.

The point is they underrated Matic when they bought Luiz and are now paying the cost of that mistake. What was wrong was the deal two and a half years ago, not buying him back now.

Would anyone be uttering a word if they spent 25m in another talented midfielder? Should they go for another midfielder (even though they prefer this one) just to save face?

Luiz being overrated has been discussed do death. I don't think there's nothing new in that regard here.

So you'd be okay if you bought Carvalho from Sporting for 25m Euros, gave them Nani. Nani performs greatly for 2 years so you decide to buy him back for 21m?

I'd think not. Yes, the point was about it going quickly in terms of going through but he said he had other offers and for all we know one may have been from United. Some of you are a bit blinded by your transfer activity that you forget it was shite business/transfer wise from Chelsea in the first place.

Again, the issue of how they bought someone they sold only 2 years ago was not the point of the original statement. It still isn't, even if you want it to be. It obviously want the point I was making either, otherwise I wouldn't have said. ... that it wasn't the point.
Regardless of the financial irregularity of the deal, THE POINT made was that it was done quick, efficient, minimal fuss and (again regardless of net loss) it was a bargain. I say regardless of net cost as it was a seperate deal to the first, and presumably other clubs could have bid the same amount and at least had a chance.
It was a no fuss straightforward deal. Something this club has lost the ability to do

Status
Not open for further replies.