Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have Chelsea's kind of money but we should take their approach to transfers. They don't dilly dally or put derisory bids to test the waters. There is no club on the planet that will ever drop their asking price. The best deal you can get is a player+cash like in the Matic/Luiz deal or the Eto'o/Zlatan deal. If Chelsea want a player they just show up with the money. How long did it take us to sign Fellaini?
Surely seconds after our ridiculous 28mil bid. They'd probably bitten Woodward's hands off.

Surely seconds after our ridiculous 28mil bid. They'd probably bitten Woodward's hands off.

:lol:

It's amazing what a season does. Last year Benfica would not let Matic go for less than 40 million which was ridiculous, but now he's available for 20 million. Definitely a much more realistic price, and a great signing for Chelsea as he is miles better than Mikel.

It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.
They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. fecking vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Chelsea FC #fecktards 4ever.

Have to agree.

We don't have Chelsea's kind of money but we should take their approach to transfers. They don't dilly dally or put derisory bids to test the waters. There is no club on the planet that will ever drop their asking price. The best deal you can get is a player+cash like in the Matic/Luiz deal or the Eto'o/Zlatan deal. If Chelsea want a player they just show up with the money. How long did it take us to sign Fellaini?

Yes but then you get cases like 50m for torres. Maybe negotiating and accepting a player is over valued is a smart tactic as well. The problem is that we are at the other extreme to them rather than somewhere in the middle.

:lol:

It's amazing what a season does. Last year Benfica would not let Matic go for less than 40 million which was ridiculous, but now he's available for 20 million. Definitely a much more realistic price, and a great signing for Chelsea as he is miles better than Mikel.

I'm not so sure they'll sell him at that price. I read somewhere that his release fee is around 37m.

So far nothing has been confirmed and no bid has been officially accepted.

I'm not so sure they'll sell him at that price. I read somewhere that his release fee is around 37m.

Yeah but it seems a done deal on Twitter...

One of the Serbian reporters posted it recently, so I think it's going to happen.

It's bizarre he's going back there after being more or less shafted. In fact it baffles me why any young player would ever want to join Chelsea.
They're career killers unless you cost 20 million pounds. They've constantly buried young talent down the years. fecking vile club, shafted him out whilst overpaying for a clumsy Brazilian and now they're paying stupid amounts to get him back.

Chelsea FC #fecktards 4ever.

First of all, he's not that young. Matic was a 21 year old unknown, when CFC signed him for a measly £1.5m from the Slovakian club Kosice and there was no way he could break into a midfield with Lampard, Ballack, Deco and Essien, fighting for places. He was loaned out to Vitesse and then used in a deal to get D.Luiz. At Benfica, he eventually developed into a quality player and now, at 25, he has a chance to come back and play for one of Europe's top clubs. Yeah, I'm sure he curses the day he signed for Chelsea and left the Slovakian league, where every superstar wants to feature.

Where is that list of phenomenal young talent that Chelsea buried over the years? Apart from Sturridge, who wasn't even a youngster when he joined from City, whose career did we stall? There are a few on loan, like Lukaku at Everton, Piazon at Vitesse, Courtois at Atletico, that are doing incredibly well and will likely be a part of the squad next season. There are others, who aren't that good and will eventually end up somewhere else, but that's the case with every club, some are good enough to make the cut, others aren't.

By the way, that clumsy Brazilian is a starter for Brazil national team and we're not the only club, spending stupid amounts in a transfer market, how about £27.5m for Fellaini?

Dont understand Fellaini over Matic.. Watch him blossom in the Chelsea kit..
Sigh. The Fellaini transfer is going to hang over our club like a bad smell until we get some quality midfielders in. He's like taking home a 5/10 bird after a night out only to find her mate's hot friend was interested the day after. But you've blown it... it's too late now...

So what's happening to Fellaini? We've signed him for half season already, seems he is not contributing anything to our team?

First of all, he's not that young. Matic was a 21 year old unknown, when CFC signed him for a measly £1.5m from the Slovakian club Kosice and there was no way he could break into a midfield with Lampard, Ballack, Deco and Essien, fighting for places. He was loaned out to Vitesse and then used in a deal to get D.Luiz. At Benfica, he eventually developed into a quality player and now, at 25, he has a chance to come back and play for one of Europe's top clubs. Yeah, I'm sure he curses the day he signed for Chelsea and left the Slovakian league, where every superstar wants to feature.

Where is that list of phenomenal young talent that Chelsea buried over the years? Apart from Sturridge, who wasn't even a youngster when he joined from City, whose career did we stall? There are a few on loan, like Lukaku at Everton, Piazon at Vitesse, Courtois at Atletico, that are doing incredibly well and will likely be a part of the squad next season. There are others, who aren't that good and will eventually end up somewhere else, but that's the case with every club, some are good enough to make the cut, others aren't.

By the way, that clumsy Brazilian is a starter for Brazil national team and we're not the only club, spending stupid amounts in a transfer market, how about £27.5m for Fellaini?

He probably had other options than Chelsea back then, it's not as if Chelsea are known as some sort of unique club for spotting talent.

And it isn't that you " bury phenomenal young talent", it's just your treatment of young players in general.
Who's careers did you stall? I'll go through the list..

Branislav Ivanovic - If it wasn't for Scolari, he'd have been buried and long sold. How long did it take him to make one appearance? this despite the fact Chelsea paid 9 odd million for him.

Daniel Sturridge - Speaks for itself.

Ryan Bertrand - Where is he? Ashley Cole is finished but what do Chelsea do, they play a right full back at left back instead.

Gael Kakuta - Illegally signed from Lens about 500 years ago, spent the last few years being thrown around Europe on loan.

Scott Sinclair - Pissed him about for years.

Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods?

It's not as if these guys were or are in their teens or anything, most are or were in their 20's.
I get that the demand to be successful is the main reason Chelsea never give a chance to young talent but then why spend so much money on these players only to shaft them out on loan every year when they're well into their 20's, it doesn't help them progress. You stop other clubs from getting these players, you stop clubs from developing these players and then you treat them like shit and if you can't see that then you're deluded. Take your head out the sand.

I wonder what lies for Josh Mceachran and Nathaniel Chalobah, two very talented players, with Lampard ageing, surely you'd think it would be a perfect opportunity to give either a go, will Chelsea? will they feck?

It's well known that Chelsea treat young players badly, I'm not even coming up with anything ground breaking here. It's just years of evidence.

He probably had other options than Chelsea back then, it's not as if Chelsea are known as some sort of unique club for spotting talent.

And it isn't that you " bury phenomenal young talent", it's just your treatment of young players in general.
Who's careers did you stall? I'll go through the list..

Branislav Ivanovic - If it wasn't for Scolari, he'd have been buried and long sold. How long did it take him to make one appearance? this despite the fact Chelsea paid 9 odd million for him. He was almost 24 when signed, hardly a youngster and has been a starter for years now. Odd choice.

Daniel Sturridge - Speaks for itself. Already mentioned, but have to add that his time at CFC was also marred with frequent injuries. But still, wasn't given a chance, I agree.

Ryan Bertrand - Where is he? Ashley Cole is finished but what do Chelsea do, they play a right full back at left back instead. He was out injured the same time Cole was. He's back now, but I feel, Mourinho doesn't rate him. May move on in the summer, but I'm sure he'll consider the Europa League and CL (played in the final, btw) medals as a highlight of his career one day, if he leaves us. He'll do well to come close to reaching those heights again somewhere else.

Gael Kakuta - Illegally signed from Lens about 500 years ago, spent the last few years being thrown around Europe on loan. Great potential, didn't work out.

Scott Sinclair - Pissed him about for years. Scottie has done well for himself, considering that he was never a top club material. Great speed, not much else.

Tom Taiwo and Michael Woods? Bebe?

It's not as if these guys were or are in their teens or anything, most are or were in their 20's.
I get that the demand to be successful is the main reason Chelsea never give a chance to young talent but then why spend so much money on these players only to shaft them out on loan every year when they're well into their 20's, it doesn't help them progress. You stop other clubs from getting these players, you stop clubs from developing these players and then you treat them like shit and if you can't see that then you're deluded. Take your head out the sand.

I wonder what lies for Josh Mceachran and Nathaniel Chalobah, two very talented players, with Lampard ageing, surely you'd think it would be a perfect opportunity to give either a go, will Chelsea? will they feck? Chalobah is still very young and raw, he's at Forest on loan and is nowhere near ready to play in the PL, let alone start for Chelsea. Mourinho thinks very highly of him. Josh has regressed, I'm afraid. He always struggled with the physical side of football.

It's well known that Chelsea treat young players badly, I'm not even coming up with anything ground breaking here. It's just years of evidence.

Yes, Chelsea have not been doing well when it comes to bringing up youngsters, both due to the manager turnover and because every manager felt the pressure to deliver immediate success and developing young talent wasn't a priority.

But it's slowly getting better, with players I've mentioned in the previous post getting closer to the Chelsea first team. If Mourinho stays for a long period of time and is given time to do things properly, things may change for the better.

Also, I'm sure I can dig up a long list of young players, that United or any other club had high hopes for, but who didn't live up to the early promise and, for one reason or another, were eventually shipped out.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to Matic.

If Januzaj would be a Chelsea player.......he would be on loan at Vitesse or Blackburn this season

It's bad for the english football (Not just the national team).......that Chelsea and Manchester City don't give young players a chance

Benfica has to sell a few players to balance the books, that much is known. It's as much true for them as it is for Porto and they haven't done any major business in the Summer.

They will sell someone on January. Matic, Rodrigo and Garay are top of the list. They will accept the best bids regardless of if they hit the release clauses or not. Release clauses are only a factor when the club isn't interested in selling.

There are a billion threads on here about our shitty record of bringing through young players. Does this one really have to be turned into another?

Seemingly so, mainly because you look to be a buying a decent CM while we are once again sitting with our thumb up our arse and waiting for our £27M dud's wrist to get better, that just tends to build resenment and anger. :mad:

Are we going to do this every time a midfielder moves? Let's just wait and see what we do in the summer. We might bring in someone better and then nobody will even bat an eyelid about this.

Fwiw, there are rumours that Matic turned us down for Chelsea. If that's the case, what can you do?

If Januzaj would be a Chelsea player.......he would be on loan at Vitesse or Blackburn this season

It's bad for the english football (Not just the national team).......that Chelsea and Manchester City don't give young players a chance

Because they have a better squad..
Get your point though.

So I suppose he'll make his debut against us and have a blinder, of course.

So I suppose he'll make his debut against us and have a blinder, of course.

Didnt Luiz have a blinder in his debut vs United and score? Would we be rushing Matic straight in?

Didnt Luiz have a blinder in his debut vs United and score? Would we be rushing Matic straight in?

If he indeed undergoes his medical tomorrow and gets a couple of training days under his belt, can't see why not. He's a ''big money'' transfer after all, the fans would be eager to see him in action as soon as possible.

Luiz scored against us in March 2011 but don't think it was his debut. If you mean his first game against us, then - yes.

Oh yes the game where Luiz should have been sent off. You could call that a blinder.

A real statement of confidence in the injured Van Ginkel. You stay classy, Chelski and keep on doing what you do best.

I was mistaken, it wasnt his debut anyway. One game he played really well in early on.

Yeah my memory of him in that game was that he looked very good (but he should've got a second yellow at least once, maybe more often) - I remember being frustrated that we again did nothing whilst a (potential) midfielder joined a rival. Thank god we've moved on :lol:

Who's that youngster Chelsea fans were raving about at the start of the season? I'm sure he was a midfielder. What does this mean for him? Is he injured? I don't recall seeing a young player I don't know in midfield for Chelsea recently.

Who's that youngster Chelsea fans were raving about at the start of the season? I'm sure he was a midfielder. What does this mean for him? Is he injured? I don't recall seeing a young player I don't know in midfield for Chelsea recently.

We were raving about him about 5 years ago. Hes playing for Watford at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.