Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

This!

I assume the media will treat him with the same respect they treated Ten Hag with after having the audacity to lose a game after going down to 10 men.

And, yes, I know that Arteta might have more credit in the bank

Answered your own question there haven't you?

Answered your own question there haven't you?

Who'd have thought the manager who came 2nd twice in a row would get less criticism than the manager who took one of the biggest clubs in the land to 8th and had started his 3rd season in an equally bad manner?

I've noticed some of our fans are very eager to over criticise or hate on other managers while giving our own an absurd amount of excuses.

Who'd have thought the manager who came 2nd twice in a row would get less criticism than the manager who took one of the biggest clubs in the land to 8th and had started his 3rd season in an equally bad manner?

I've noticed some of our fans are very eager to over criticise or hate on other managers while giving our own an absurd amount of excuses.
You must not read the Caf very much then.

You must read very few posts :confused:

The games being compared are:

24/25: Wolves (h), Villa (a), Brighton (Draw - Rice red card), Spurs (a), City (a), Leicester(h), Southampton(h), Bournemouth (a) 2-0

23/24: Forest (h), Palace (a), Fulham (Draw (h)), United (h), Everton (a), Spurs (Draw(h)), Bournemouth (a), City (h)

I'd say this season start is a bit harder even before taking into account the dubious decisions and Odegaard injury.

All in all it's pretty similar, nothing to be alarmed about.This season's start is all about Saka so no surprise we looked rubbish without him. Hopefully he's fit for those next 3. Timber also need to be back in against Liverpool but don't know what Arteta will do. RB and slide White at CB ? The issue is i'm not sure i want Calafiori against Salah...

Most games shouldn't be tricky for you now aside from City and Liverpool. You have started this season poorly though I think compared to last. Just doesn't feel like things are clicking in the same way. Injuries have played a part in that of course but there is a danger in finishing second too many times.

This!

I assume the media will treat him with the same respect they treated Ten Hag with after having the audacity to lose a game after going down to 10 men.

And, yes, I know that Arteta might have more credit in the bank
What’s with this trend of wanting people to get more media abuse

What’s with this trend of wanting people to get more media abuse
Not sure what you mean??

I want people to be dealt with fairly and if you criticise one person for one thing and someone does the exact same thing, they should have equal criticism.

Or neither should be criticised on each occasion.

Most games shouldn't be tricky for you now aside from City and Liverpool. You have started this season poorly though I think compared to last. Just doesn't feel like things are clicking in the same way. Injuries have played a part in that of course but there is a danger in finishing second too many times.

Mate, we started last season not great either. It wasn't until after our winter break in Dubai that everything seemed to really click. I think people are forgetting that already.

Mate, we started last season not great either. It wasn't until after our winter break in Dubai that everything seemed to really click. I think people are forgetting that already.

You weren't great but think this season has been poorer. The sending offs don't help and exaggerate it too.

Well it's pretty fair that Arteta and Ten Hag would receive different sorts of coverage from the press considering they have done vastly different jobs.
I said, it doesn’t make it right when the specific incidents are near enlighten exactly the same.

I’m not saying Ten Hag shouldn’t get more criticism than most managers, most of the time BUT the level of criticism after the Spurs defeat should be equally handed out to Arteta for having the audacity to lose a game after going down to 10 men

?

We lost to Villa away last season
We had never won 3 away at Spurs for 50 years even under Wengers great teams.

We aren't prime Barca. Every single game in this league is tricky owing to every team being loaded.

It's that Citys cheating have set the standards so high that a title win now needs 90 plus points. We are still 3 off them having played almost all of our tough away games, barring Liverpool.

?

We lost to Villa away last season
We had never won 3 away at Spurs for 50 years even under Wengers great teams.

We aren't prime Barca. Every single game in this league is tricky owing to every team being loaded.

It's that Citys cheating have set the standards so high that a title win now needs 90 plus points. We are still 3 off them having played almost all of our tough away games, barring Liverpool.

I think Liverpool next week will be a good measure for where you're at but I wouldn't be surprised if you lost or drew. I just haven't been impressed and against Bournemouth, it looked like another laboured game, pre and post red card.

I think Liverpool next week will be a good measure for where you're at but I wouldn't be surprised if you lost or drew. I just haven't been impressed and against Bournemouth, it looked like another laboured game, pre and post red card.

I'm fully aware this will come back to bite me but I haven't been overly impressed with Liverpool in terms of performances either.

Results have been good for them but they've had kind fixtures and I can't say the games I've watched of them I've came away thinking they are fantastic. Even yesterday I thought Chelsea gave as good as they got midfield to front, it's their goal keeper and central defence that let them down.

I'd fancy us at home if we had a full squad. The injury and suspension situation is what is causing me most doubt about the fixture.

Still find the relentlessness of Klopps Liverpool more 'scary' as an oppo fan.

I'm fully aware this will come back to bite me but I haven't been overly impressed with Liverpool in terms of performances either.

Results have been good for them but they've had kind fixtures and I can't say the games I've watched of them I've came away thinking they are fantastic. Even yesterday I thought Chelsea gave as good as they got midfield to front, it's their goal keeper and central defence that let them down.

I'd fancy us at home if we had a full squad. The injury and suspension situation is what is causing me most doubt about the fixture.

Still find the relentlessness of Klopps Liverpool more 'scary' as an oppo fan.

I agree regarding a Klopp team being more scary but that was built up over time. I think considering it's the first season for Slot, the way he and they have handled it has been quite impressive thus far despite some performances not necessarily being so. Tactically he's impressed me in terms of his game management and flexibility from fixture to fixture.

I agree regarding a Klopp team being more scary but that was built up over time. I think considering it's the first season for Slot, the way he and they have handled it has been quite impressive thus far despite some performances not necessarily being so. Tactically he's impressed me in terms of his game management and flexibility from fixture to fixture.

It is difficult to argue with results, and there's a lot to be said about building up positive momentum, meanwhile because of different things like sending offs and injuries / suspensions i appreciate our start has been a bit stuttery, if that's a word.

It's as good time as any for them to play us, almost reminds me of the game back in early February when they were 5 points clear of us and a win could have taken them 8 points clear, and we were under a fair bit of pressure because of questionable form going into the game. Hopefully we get the same positive outcome.

I said, it doesn’t make it right when the specific incidents are near enlighten exactly the same.

I’m not saying Ten Hag shouldn’t get more criticism than most managers, most of the time BUT the level of criticism after the Spurs defeat should be equally handed out to Arteta for having the audacity to lose a game after going down to 10 men

No it shouldn't, obviously.

The criticism of the Spurs match was so severe because it was a continuation of Ten Hag overseeing awful football and results for 18 months. That context always plays a huge part.

SOMAV

jwo2ichb4dwd1.jpeg

His side makes Jose and conte's side look fun. Absolute boring brand of football.

It's just all a bit stale without Saka and Odegaard, too many of the attackers off form. Jesus and Sterling have been struggling for a while to capture any form, Trossard is very hit or a miss, Martinelli as well trying to play himself back to form.

Game was crying out for Nwaneri just to even get the crowd excited, can't believe he didn't even come on considering id have started him.

It's just all a bit stale without Saka and Odegaard, too many of the attackers off form. Jesus and Sterling have been struggling for a while to capture any form, Trossard is very hit or a miss, Martinelli as well trying to play himself back to form.

Game was crying out for Nwaneri just to even get the crowd excited, can't believe he didn't even come on considering id have started him.
I get saka is a miss but even without him, you lot should be playing a bit better football. Also, it has been like that since the start of the season. After spending so much can't be dependent on couple of players to play half decent football.

I get saka is a miss but even without him, you lot should be playing a bit better football. Also, it has been like that since the start of the season. After spending so much can't be dependent on couple of players to play half decent football.
Ramsdale, Raya, White, Timber, Calafiori, Partey, Rice and Merino represent almost 380M. We struck gold on Trossard and Havertz is all right. Jesus and Vieira are the other two creative/attacking players he signed.
Him and Edu have to upgrade that part of the squad if we want to compete in more than one competition.

While I agree 2 players shouldn't affect the attacking game so much, It took until new year for everything to click last season with those players actually playing. It looks like we are going through a similar slump in creativity exasperated by the Saka and Odegaard injuries.

So I don't think Arteta sets out to play poor football, teams and players just go through peaks and troughs in form and we're in a bit of a trough at the minute. Only a couple of games ago we recorded our highest xG since that became a thing so it's not been all bad, just a bit patchy.

As @awop mentioned as well, there's been a disproportionate amount of our spend on goal keeper and defensive players, we all wanted an upgrade on the attacking side this summer but bar a late opportunistic deal for Sterling we didn't get 1.

It's bonkers how overrated this bloke is.
Yes. Our second PL loss in our last 26 leagues games. Our first away defeat in our last 14 away leagues games.

We have only dropped points in games this season in which we were down to 10 men. Of those game when 11 v 11 it was 1-0 up against Brighton, 2-1 up away to City, and then 0-0 at Bournemouth.

What we really need. Is to nosebleed a Tommy Too Too appointment.

Yes. Our second PL loss in our last 26 leagues games. Our first away defeat in our last 14 away leagues games.

We have only dropped points in games this season in which we were down to 10 men. Of those game when 11 v 11 it was 1-0 up against Brighton, 2-1 up away to City, and then 0-0 at Bournemouth.

What we really need. Is to nosebleed a Tommy Too Too appointment.
Going down to 10 men is also on Arteta and his management.

Going down to 10 men is also on Arteta and his management.

Exactly, its his message to the players to slow the game down, disrupt the game, which caused them to get the 2 red cards of Rice and Trossard.

Whilst the Saliba one you can excuse, it was then his decision to take of an attacker and try and go all out defensive.

Exactly, its his message to the players to slow the game down, disrupt the game, which caused them to get the 2 red cards of Rice and Trossard.

Whilst the Saliba one you can excuse, it was then his decision to take of an attacker and try and go all out defensive.

I'm not sure about that. I read the Rice 1 as more petulance after a bit of a coming together on the corner with both players at it, and the Trossard one likewise after a decision had gone against him (which was quite a blatant decision).

There's a bit of a leap from telling players to take their time and slow the game down a bit to actually kicking the ball away after decisions.

I agree with you about his tactics after the red card in the Brighton and Bournemouth games. Far too negative. I don't mind him even bringing on that defender so you maintain the back 4, but he needs to still get in the mindset of the players to still play their football and not drop so deep conceding possession and territory so much.

Since Arteta has taken over, Arsenal are the team with the most red cards in the league. It's not a coincidence - there's a trend there, probably linked to the intensity and tactics of the manager.

Turns out they aren't that great if you take out all their best players.

Since Arteta has taken over, Arsenal are the team with the most red cards in the league. It's not a coincidence - there's a trend there, probably linked to the intensity and tactics of the manager.
Second fairest team in the league last year (behind City, "lol"), inside that red card stat you have Luiz sent off for a ghost touch on a Wolves player, some Xhaka cards where his reputation got him harsher treatment, Tomiyasu getting sent off for a 2nd yellow not taking a throw-in quick enough, Martinelli sent off for 2 yellow cards in 5 seconds by M.Oliver, Rice for nudging the ball by an inch, Trossard for kicking the ball 0.4s after the whistle. If you take out those weird ones and the ones that only applies to Arsenal, our numbers are right in the average of everyone else.
We had 2 red cards last year and none in 22/23 under the evil and tyrannical Mike Arteta. Luiz and Xhaka were crazy and they're gone.
There is no trend, the referees are dogshit.

Second fairest team in the league last year (behind City, "lol"), inside that red card stat you have Luiz sent off for a ghost touch on a Wolves player, some Xhaka cards where his reputation got him harsher treatment, Tomiyasu getting sent off for a 2nd yellow not taking a throw-in quick enough, Martinelli sent off for 2 yellow cards in 5 seconds by M.Oliver, Rice for nudging the ball by an inch, Trossard for kicking the ball 0.4s after the whistle. If you take out those weird ones and the ones that only applies to Arsenal, our numbers are right in the average of everyone else.
We had 2 red cards last year and none in 22/23 under the evil and tyrannical Mike Arteta. Luiz and Xhaka were crazy and they're gone.
There is no trend, the referees are dogshit.
But only for Arsenal. All other red cards against other teams were 100% justified.

Makes sense. No trend.