Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

To be fair they were up against it and managed to score twice. I’m more surprised he wasn’t up to his antics more today but that may be because he’s playing against his ‘master’ and there’s a lot of respect there.

He's definitely gonna be in contention when pep leaves City so maybe he’s trying to stay on their sweet side.

Stoke 2.0.

Arsenal have scored 25 set piece goals since the start of last season

Highest amongst all teams with Everton 2nd with 21 set piece goals!

Arsenal have also conceded only 7 set piece goals since the start of last season, 2nd lowest amongst all teams only behind Man City(4)

What a coach! He has grown so much. Love to see it. He will win the league before any other club not named Citeh.

Stoke 2.0.

Arsenal have scored 25 set piece goals since the start of last season

Highest amongst all teams with Everton 2nd with 21 set piece goals!

Arsenal have also conceded only 7 set piece goals since the start of last season, 2nd lowest amongst all teams only behind Man City(4)

Yet you'd give your left bollock for united to be where arsenal are right now.

Praising him to the hills after dropping two points in and match that was there to be won. Remarkable their defending was yet with a parked bus they still conceded two goals and didn't win. Arteta gets such a easy ride with the media.
Yeah a team that camps 10 in the box like that nearly always concedes. Even the famous Inter one from Mourinho that everyone remembers, they lost that game, just won on aggregate. And got a fortunate offside call.

To be fair they were up against it and managed to score twice. I’m more surprised he wasn’t up to his antics more today but that may be because he’s playing against his ‘master’ and there’s a lot of respect there.

He's definitely gonna be in contention when pep leaves City so maybe he’s trying to stay on their sweet side.
There's no way Arteta would leave Arsenal for City. Mad idea.

What a coach! He has grown so much. Love to see it. He will win the league before any other club not named Citeh.
Seconded. Other than his comical hair, I really don’t get the hate. When the alternatives are 115 and Liverpool, I’m rooting for Arsenal.

Also, I watched the Arsenal all or nothing, and must say I warmed to him a lot….seemed a really decent bloke

Both are wanks.

City for obvious reasons.

All Arsenal do is time waste and cheat. Boring as feck.
Funny because Mourinho teams of the past were praised for the way they were set up. Agreed on the time waiting and even the cheating. However, you have to admire the defensive stability and the fact that they were up against the cheats.

Getting away with being a cnut on the sidelines. Every single week.
100% this. Forget the cringeyness but the amount of times i've seen him outside his technical area and/or catching/stopping balls going out of play and not giving it directly back to the opposition and stuff...other managers get booked for far less on the sidelines.

Yeah, with two trophies less and the same amount of league titles in the last 10 years.

Arteta results-wise/ competition wise is barely better than Ole

They're competing for the title. Meanwhile we're clamouring for solace after drawing 0-0 because of a decent 60 mins against palace. A team in 16th, who lost 2 of their best players this season.

They're competing for the title. Meanwhile we're clamouring for solace after drawing 0-0 because of a decent 60 mins against palace. A team in 16th, who lost 2 of their best players this season.
They're competing for a title in the same way as we were under Jose or Ole...but also with a far better squad and basically 0 interest or ability to go far in the cups.

Ten Hag's first season - a cup, a final and third is better than any Arteta season

What's anti -football?
They basically played like vintage Mourinho, which has famously been called anti-football. Time wasting, playing all men behind the ball and not even trying to even string a couple of passes together. If a United manager (Ole got plenty for playing counterattacking football) gets to win in such a manager, they’d be massive criticism for taking us backwards and not playing progressively. But because Arteta is the darling of the neutrals, he’ll never have an iota of criticism on such matters.

They're competing for a title in the same way as we were under Jose or Ole...but also with a far better squad and basically 0 interest or ability to go far in the cups.

Ten Hag's first season - a cup, a final and third is better than any Arteta season

I understand what your saying but it's borderline comical, Ole / Jose never challenged for the league when Mourinho finished second (highest position in the last decade for the club) there was a 19 point deficit between United and the league leaders.

On the contrary with Arsenal the largest gap has been 5 points in the same season where they were 1st for over 77% of the league campaign.

The reality is United haven't challenged for a league title since Sir Alex retired and Arteta has done it successfully in a few years during his first ever management role against some of the most competitive coaches in Europe.

I do think there's plausibility in the argument to win something which is perfectly valid, but on the premise of commanding United back to a level of dominance domestically I would take Mikel over Erik any day of the week.

They basically played like vintage Mourinho, which has famously been called anti-football. Time wasting, playing all men behind the ball and not even trying to even string a couple of passes together. If a United manager (Ole got plenty for playing counterattacking football) gets to win in such a manager, they’d be massive criticism for taking us backwards and not playing progressively. But because Arteta is the darling of the neutrals, he’ll never have an iota of criticism on such matters.
Two goals, another couple of good chances, then defending with 10 men successfully for 53 minutes against City (away) is anti-football? Sounds like a pretty competent manager to me.