Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

I swear when he was a player he never came across as such a cretin. Maybe a bit fiesty, yeah. But he's an absolute tit head now.
I remembered him as a hard working midfielder who kept his head down. Fame can really change a man

TIme wasting nonstop and playing for a draw at home against Brighton. Attitude of a loser.
1 FA Cup and 2 Community Shields since 2019. I have never understood how he got some reputation.

Sure, he got his team playing attacking, pressing football sometimes but when their attackers don't do that, it all falls apart.

I still find it funny that there are people out there that still think Arsenal are going to win the league.
They drew a home game early last season against a lesser team. Arteta must be fuming they've done the same today.

I swear when he was a player he never came across as such a cretin. Maybe a bit fiesty, yeah. But he's an absolute tit head now.

That’s because he was a very bland player that nobody ever paid attention to

Find it weird that videos from a documentary that happened 2 or 3 years ago are re surfacing again as if they are a new thing.
Not really. Just oppo fans having a chuckle until he wins something.

OTOH if you win the league this season the same videos would be rolled out by your lot with “this is how he instilled unprecedented togetherness in the team leading to this moment”.

I may be in minority but I still don't enjoy the football his side plays. Sometime really good but on most occasions it looks bland. Wenger's side were far entertaining than this.

Sure, he got his team playing attacking, pressing football sometimes but when their attackers don't do that, it all falls apart.
Doesn't that apply to every team? Pressing starts from the front, so if the attackers don't play their role, every team is screwed. What's specific to Arteta about this?

Doesn't that apply to every team? Pressing starts from the front, so if the attackers don't play their role, every team is screwed. What's specific to Arteta about this?
Depends on tactics but I give him credit for that. Arsenal was not pressing team before him.

It’s a fair point when other managers get penalised yet Arteta roams around everywhere and escapes any punishment each time.
What manager last got penalized for being out of his box (and they all do) ? The only time they get carded is when they shout at the fourth ref or shout stuff a bit too loud and the ref hear it. It's a stupid taunt to rile up fans on social media and congrats to him it worked. What also worked is proving he's an absolute tw*t of a man and always has been.

What manager last got penalized for being out of his box (and they all do) ? The only time they get carded is when they shout at the fourth ref or shout stuff a bit too loud and the ref hear it. It's a stupid taunt to rile up fans on social media and congrats to him it worked. What also worked is proving he's an absolute tw*t of a man and always has been.
Well he’s certainly got you riled up.

Well he’s certainly got you riled up.
I did say it worked. Care to point me towards a manager who got penalized for being out of his box though ?

Arsenal fans will know what a twat of a man looks like to be fair. You see one in your dugout every single week.

Arteta is a twat. Their game was poor, I think they will improve going forward though.

From the top of my head, no. But I know there have been a few all throughout last season and the same point was raised then. It was more the 4th Ref who was asking managers to stay in their area.
So not penalized then. Just asked to take a few steps back by the fourth official. Let's hope this massive issue gets fixed soon :+1:

I may be in minority but I still don't enjoy the football his side plays. Sometime really good but on most occasions it looks bland. Wenger's side were far entertaining than this.
It's not just Arsenal. The top sides in the league are all rather bland and boring these days. Chelsea probably the most fun to watch.

That’s because he was a very bland player that nobody ever paid attention to
Somebody put him in a list of ‘World class players who’ve played in the SPL’ in a post on here the other day.

A real head-scratcher, can only assume he thought it meant Gulluvers World or summat?

He was a good player - probably one of the better players outside of the top 4 at the time.

There's a lot of stories out there about him though that his fellow players didn't like him - as he was a managers pet and would happily snitch on players to the manager.

He was a good player - probably one of the better players outside of the top 4 at the time.

There's a lot of stories out there about him though that his fellow players didn't like him - as he was a managers pet and would happily snitch on players to the manager.
Yeah I remember thinking for years at Everton why hasn't anyone taken a punt on this guy. He was definitely top 4 club material. The second part is interesting but he does seem the type, I've never seen those stories.

Bit harsh on Arteta, that. I think he’s only gradually become an absolute twat of a man.

It's not just Arsenal. The top sides in the league are all rather bland and boring these days. Chelsea probably the most fun to watch.
Exactly, football just isn't the same. There are some great attacking games once in a while but they are more the exception. It started with Mourinho in the EPL in my opinion. Ironic, since they are one of the better ones now. Even Klopp for me wasnt that exciting but he was ok.. Lots of direct football. Man City are certainly no more exciting either than us.

Most great managers are criticized to some degree about their mannerisms, but Arteta does come off as especially twattish. He gets to be a homer, no problem with that, but he doesn't get to be a twat.

1 FA Cup and 2 Community Shields since 2019. I have never understood how he got some reputation.

He got the reputation for turning around banter Arsenal to usurp Liverpool as City's closest challengers.

89 points and 62+ goal difference last season. Plus our last 22 league games is won 19, drawn 2, lost 1

You make is sound like 1-1 draw v Brighton when down to 10 men is some kind of major disaster.

If you think Ten Hag can get near him...forget it.

He got the reputation for turning around banter Arsenal to usurp Liverpool as City's closest challengers.

89 points and 62+ goal difference last season. Plus our last 22 league games is won 19, drawn 2, lost 1

You make is sound like 1-1 draw v Brighton when down to 10 men is some kind of major disaster.

Arsenal's last trophy was over 4 years ago. Pipe down.

https://lastwonatrophy.co.uk/arsenal/

:lol: That last line is so incredibly stupid. Arteta’s career as Arsenal manager is literally the only reason United can be hopeful that Ten Haag might turn things round with United. Because Arteta is the only manager any of us can think of (in the modern era) who was given enough time and patience by his club to turn things round after a season as poor as United’s last season, that long into his career at the club.

:lol: That last line is so incredibly stupid. Arteta’s career as Arsenal manager is literally the only reason United can be hopeful that Ten Haag might turn things round with United. Because Arteta is the only manager any of us can think of (in the modern era) who was given enough time and patience by his club to turn things round after a season as poor as United’s last season, that long into his career at the club.
like I said, so long as Ten Hag is your manager, you cant finish above Arteta;s Arsenal

like I said, so long as Ten Hag is your manager, you cant finish above Arteta;s Arsenal

Time will tell. The encouraging thing about Arteta’s high intensity David Brent pickpocket hiring bollox behind the scenes will be that as soon as cracks start to appear he could very quickly lose the dressing room completely. So when the end comes it will probably be dramatic.