Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

like I said, so long as Ten Hag is your manager, you cant finish above Arteta;s Arsenal
Lovely what fairy tales Arsenal fans tell themselves

Well, mate, let me tell you something that is much more real:

You (Arsenal) will never win Premier League, with Arteta, for as long as Pep is here, and when he leaves - either we will win it or Liverpool, so you can enjoy being a slightly better-performing Spurs, the club that never wins the league

Cheers :)

You (Arsenal) will never win Premier League, with Arteta, for as long as Pep is here, and when he leaves - either we will win it or Liverpool, so you can enjoy being a slightly better-performing Spurs, the club that never wins the league

I actually think they’ll win the title under Arteta in the similar manner to us winning the title under Solskjear - when City titles are stripped.

You think you'll win it under Ten Hag?!

At least the same chance as yours if he’s given the time and resources.

You were like 15th on the table in November in Arteta’s 3rd season and ended up missing 4th by a hair. We are further along than you at roughly the same time, the problem is like you then we only play well in spurts, our young forwards are inconsistent and we don’t have a reliable source of goal upfront to compensate while they learn. Our attackers are 20, 21, 22 (first season as first choice) + out of form Rashford/Antony and an unproven Zirkzee. We need time for them to click or be replaced.

If you are telling me back in December 2021 you were predicting a title challenge next season, you’d be lying. Things change quickly in football.

He got the reputation for turning around banter Arsenal to usurp Liverpool as City's closest challengers.

89 points and 62+ goal difference last season. Plus our last 22 league games is won 19, drawn 2, lost 1

You make is sound like 1-1 draw v Brighton when down to 10 men is some kind of major disaster.

If you think Ten Hag can get near him...forget it.
It is not about game against Brighton. You can win 37 games and still miss title. It just become ”almost win trophies” club. Challenge ManCity? Before Liverpool? Never.

Near him? TenHag have 2 trophies already after 2 seasons. With tons of injuries and turbulence in the club. TheFA and League Cup. Somehow people forget that but love to give praise to Arteta.

Could be under Erik, could be under somebody else, but we will win it under INEOS. Which is more than what Lego Pep will be able to do at Arsenal ;)

like I said, so long as Ten Hag is your manager, you cant finish above Arteta;s Arsenal
The sheer arrogance of a fan of a team that haven’t won a truly major trophy in two decades and who are a complete footnote on the European stage.

There are only fans of a few clubs who can expression that level of arrogance and Arsenal are definitely not one of them.

The sheer arrogance of a fan of a team that haven’t won a truly major trophy in two decades and who are a complete footnote on the European stage.

There are only fans of a few clubs who can expression that level of arrogance and Arsenal are definitely not one of them.
Don't be surprised at the delusion of an Arsenal fan. Their fanbase should be studied by psychologists.

At least the same chance as yours if he’s given the time and resources.

You were like 15th on the table in November in Arteta’s 3rd season and ended up missing 4th by a hair. We are further along than you at roughly the same time, the problem is like you then we only play well in spurts, our young forwards are inconsistent and we don’t have a reliable source of goal upfront to compensate while they learn. Our attackers are 20, 21, 22 (first season as first choice) + out of form Rashford/Antony and an unproven Zirkzee. We need time for them to click or be replaced.

If you are telling me back in December 2021 you were predicting a title challenge next season, you’d be lying. Things change quickly in football.

Well he's catching up Arteta in terms of resources he's had available.

In terms of time he got, let's see how patient you lot and your board are if he's struggling by December.

I mean, if we've not won a truly major trophy in 2 decades, your already 1 decade, and your further away from it than us, yet you'll win it before us for sure?

Bit ironic that you see to call us arrogant then?!

In terms of time he got, let's see how patient you lot and your board are if he's struggling by December.

I mean, if we've not won a truly major trophy in 2 decades, your already 1 decade, and your further away from it than us, yet you'll win it before us for sure?

Bit ironic that you see to call us arrogant then?!
I don’t believe I ever expressed a view that we would win the league before Arsenal. My post was extremely short but perhaps you need to read that again.

What I actually responded to was an Arsenal fan stating United will never finish above an Arteta-led Arsenal under ten Hag - not win the league. That to me is sheer arrogance when you haven’t even got a league title to back yourself. Things can change very quickly in football.

He has the resources, I agree. I’ve been a proponent for seeing it out with him and at this stage CL football for next season is non negotiable, either by top 4/5 in the league or an EL win.

As for time, it depends on the situation we find ourselves in then, still in all the cups and 6-7 points off 4th while sitting in 8th? Probably worth persisting. 10+ points adrift after an EL group performance similar to last year CL group? Only if INEOS is supremely invested in him and it doesn’t seem to be the case.

One thing I’ll say that Arteta had in his favour is the total backing from Josh Kroenke and Edu to get rid of Ozil and Aubameyang despite backlash from the media and fanbase. We are stuck with Rashford and Bruno in the short-medium term so ten Hag will need to figure it out fast, Amad/Garnacho being benched for Rashford is all too reminiscent of Rashford/Martial being benched for Mata/Alexis Sanchez, at some point he will need to bench our £300k a week homegrown talisman for a streak of games if he is still not producing, otherwise he will pay for it with his job, nearly did last season.

I don’t believe I ever expressed a view that we would win the league before Arsenal. My post was extremely short but perhaps you need to read that again.

What I actually responded to was an Arsenal fan stating United will never finish above an Arteta-led Arsenal under ten Hag - not win the league. That to me is sheer arrogance when you haven’t even got a league title to back yourself. Things can change very quickly in football.

Apologies, I perhaps lumped a couple of posts into 1 reply.

Seems theres arrogance on both sides then.

Honestly don't expect Arsenal to win the league. They are just far too ahead. Haaland KDB Silva Rodri. We have no player in that band. They can be beaten in a playoff but over a 38 game season they essentially demand near perfection.

Unless we don't win it this season (unlikely) or Pep leaves next summer it would be very difficult to keep going for Arsenal.

Don't be surprised at the delusion of an Arsenal fan. Their fanbase should be studied by psychologists.
To be fair some fans here were saying Martinez and De Ligt are as good if not better than Saliba and Gabriel as a pairing or Bruno vs Odegaard when even now in the match thread people are lamenting how awful Bruno's attitude is. Couple of years prediction thread had so many United fans having United win the league.

Such fans are everywhere, its the nature of social media. United's transfer moves this year were better i.e younger players, trying to ship out lost causes, so yes things can change very fast in football. All a team needs is 2 signings who crack on and things change rapidly.

Last edited:
Honestly don't expect Arsenal to win the league. They are just far too ahead. Haaland KDB Silva Rodri. We have no player in that band. They can be beaten in a playoff but over a 38 game season they essentially demand near perfection.

Unless we don't win it this season (unlikely) or Pep leaves next summer it would be very difficult to keep going for Arsenal.

I don't either mate. We've done a great job at building the defence, built a solid midfield, but evidently the guys they were looking at to make a difference in the forward line just weren't available, and unfortunately that's where we lag behind.

Last edited:
I don't either mate. We've done a great job at building the defence, built a solid midfield, but evidently the guys they were looking at to make a difference in the forward line just weren't available, and unfortunately that's where we lag behind.
I feel these are excuses mate.

Dropping moronic points at home is all on us. Last year absolutely no excuse we shelled idiotic points against first Fulham, then Spurs, then lost against Villa and West Ham at home. That's TEN points we lost at home. Had we even got half of them, even with the defeats we would have won the title. Any team who doesn't aim to win every single home game or at worst makes sure they don't lose home games will never win the title.

Its inexcusable we are at home to Brighton, a team with a fraction of our resources and we are time wasting in the last 10 minutes with Raya lying on top of the ball in the 92nd minute and I found it utterly disgraceful. I have seen City, Liverpool even United (when they beat us 2-4 at Highbury with ten men) go for it even with ten men especially at home. That's the title winner mentality.

Ofcourse I should mention the big elephant in the room.....had it not been the fact we are competing against literal cheats we'd be odds on to win our third title in a row, something only SAF has ever done. (I am not counting Pep). But these are sadly the odds we have been dealt.

ghton, a team with a fraction of our resources and we are time wasting in the last 10 minutes with Raya lying on top of the ball in the 92nd minute and I found it utterly disgraceful. I have seen City, Liverpool even United (when they beat us 2-4 at Highbury with ten men) go for it even with ten men especially at home. That's the title winner mentality.

Ofcourse I should mention the big elephant in the room.....had it not been the fact we are competing against literal cheats we'd be odds on to win our third title in a row, something only SAF has ever done. (I am not counting Pep). But these are sadly the odds we have been dealt.
There is a bit of a catch on that one. We could push a little more for sure, but leave ourselves open and then we end up losing, which is to a further detriment and hit to our confidence levels. Brighton have not started the season poorly. Yes, at times I would like to see that swagger more rather than the containment style we often go for. I have seen that over the years with Arteta. Although he seems arrogant, his style of play is not. Maybe if we actually won a league, we would feel like we can boss instead of pretending at times we are. That's the difference between us and City, that and the Yeti who can put 30+ easily past oppositions in a season. They have the belief they will win every game.

We could have put one of those 2 great chances away, and we would have been talking about a masterclass. The dumb thing is getting red-carded for that...

lI feel these are excuses mate.

Dropping moronic points at home is all on us. Last year absolutely no excuse we shelled idiotic points against first Fulham, then Spurs, then lost against Villa and West Ham at home. That's TEN points we lost at home. Had we even got half of them, even with the defeats we would have won the title. Any team who doesn't aim to win every single home game or at worst makes sure they don't lose home games will never win the title.

Its inexcusable we are at home to Brighton, a team with a fraction of our resources and we are time wasting in the last 10 minutes with Raya lying on top of the ball in the 92nd minute and I found it utterly disgraceful. I have seen City, Liverpool even United (when they beat us 2-4 at Highbury with ten men) go for it even with ten men especially at home. That's the title winner mentality.

Ofcourse I should mention the big elephant in the room.....had it not been the fact we are competing against literal cheats we'd be odds on to win our third title in a row, something only SAF has ever done. (I am not counting Pep). hBut these are sadly the odds we have been dealt.

I'm not making excuses mate, I'm pointing out why I think Man City are better. And for me it's because they have more match winners, when games are tight and things might not be going your way they have a Haaland, a De Bruyne, a Foden, a Gundogan, a Bernardo Silva, that can produce game changing moments, a fantastic finish, a shot outside the box etc. That's without mentioning Oscar Bobb, Silvinho and Doku.

We just haven't got that. Liverpool have probably the closest to them in terms of fire power.

Now I'm not talking about yesterday's game, and totally agree we shouldn't have dropped points like that at home. That's on us, partly because of a harsh ref and silly decision from Rice.

My issue with us that I just can't see us doing what Liverpool did to Utd today for instance, never mind what City do.

Nah, i've seen enough of Ten Hag to know he's a fraud. Arteta is also a fraud since he haven't won any league, but Ten Hag at United is a disaster.