Mason Mount England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Chelsea have done an absolute number on us with this one.
Seriously. They've essentially swapped him for someone younger and much better and even made profit on it.
They've also spent a billion quid on trash in the last 2 years so I won't be rushing to applaud them for selling Mount and finding one star out of the dozens of expensive signings.

They've also spent a billion quid on trash in the last 2 years so I won't be rushing to applaud them for selling Mount and finding one star out of the dozens of expensive signings.
That's true of course, but it's just typical that one of the few good deals they've actually done has come under our expense.

Honestly it was such a weird sub. Casemiro for Mainoo would have made much more sense. Then the issue came that Mount was on the right so we didn't even bring Amad on until late.

Looks a shadow of the player who made his name at Chelsea. Sure he wasn't a world beater but he was a solid offensive player who was confident quick, nimble and had a good passing range. But here, yes injuries have clearly played a part, he looks cumbersome and lacking in any sense of expression and confidence.
I wasn't exactly over the moon with his signing but I thought he would make a decent impact.
Just nothing. Like watching DVB all over again.

This 'trash' team has played better football under Pochettino, the man most united fans opposed as a potential new manager over ETH, and under Maresca who was a championship manager last season

He was rubbish for the 18 months prior to us signing him, yet we still pulled the trigger on a £60m transfer in his final 12 month of contract. . . which ironically, he was injured for anyway.

Baffling.

He was rubbish for the 18 months prior to us signing him, yet we still pulled the trigger on a £60m transfer in his final 12 month of contract. . . which ironically, he was injured for anyway.

Baffling.

Brown envelopes. Just like Antony or like in Arsenal's case, Pepe.

Whoever the genius behind the idea of giving him the number 7 jersey should be sacked along with Ten Hag.

Just one of many United transfers in recent years that were completely incoherent. When we signed him I couldn't understand what we were intending to use him for when we clearly needed an 8 not a 10.

I did rate him quite highly at Chelsea, but by the time we got around to buying him, it was obviously a lousy signing. He'd been injured for ages, and he was another player who would not help us gain any kind of domination on the ball. At 20-30 million, it would have been forgivable, but to go for him at 60 million in the last year of his contract is unfathomable. I still think we could get something out of him if we don't play Bruno, but it won't be much.

Assuming he doesn't establish himself in the team this season, whether through fitness or otherwise, I think we should start looking at moving him on next summer. It would be the ideal time to try to shift him.

Assuming he doesn't establish himself in the team this season, whether through fitness or otherwise, I think we should start looking at moving him on next summer. It would be the ideal time to try to shift him.

Agreed. If he is fine after the concussion, then in the next 3 games, let's see if he can play in Bruno's role, I haven't given up on him yet.

Last edited:
I got criticised for calling him useless before this season started. I will stick to my opinion. Up there with Antony for some of our worst transfer decisions in the recent years.

Still remember that the members questioning his signing last summer were mass ridiculed and mocked here. Those football youtube KOLs posted tons of videos how Mount was the best fit for Ten Hag's tactics.

Mount is a top player and there's so much nonsense written about him.

Still remember that the members questioning his signing last summer were mass ridiculed and mocked here. Those football youtube KOLs posted tons of videos how Mount was the best fit for Ten Hag's tactics.
It’s incredible isn’t it? Got banned for being too negative last summer after questioning this transfer among else. It was bonkers paying so much money for Mount.

Worst transfer alongside Antony in united history, adds nothing to our game, a transfer that most of our fans could not explain for the price we got him

The absolute biggest waste of 60 million this club has made. By far.

He's not a bad player but the circumstances of his transfer stinks of money laundering. There was absolutely no reason not to wait a year and get him for free, considering he was struggling with injuries.

Posters that claim he is our worst ever signing are out of their fecking mind or started watching United a few years ago.

Sure, he has not been good, but you need to get match rhythm to actually play good, and he has been ridiculously unlucky. There are even some blaming him for his injury yesterday. Pathetic.

I actually liked Mount at Chelsea but I’m afraid all he looks like currently is a £60m Lingard and not the version that was scoring goals.

You have to go so far back to find evidence of when he was actually good and that’s worrying.

Posters that claim he is our worst ever signing are out of their fecking mind or started watching United a few years ago.

Sure, he has not been good, but you need to get match rhythm to actually play good, and he has been ridiculously unlucky. There are even some blaming him for his injury yesterday. Pathetic.

50m on a player in the last year of his contract, that we didn't need, that is absolutely nothing special, and is constantly injured.

He is without a doubt up there as one of the worst transfers we've ever made.

With the money we wasted the past 15 years, we could have more than paid for our new stadium, promoted academy players, signed cheap punts and free agents and wouldn't have been materially worse off on the pitch. It beggars belief. Mount is newly added deadwood.