Mason Greenwood, Marseille Footballer | Read the thread rules in the OP before posting

Was my favorite player at one point. Hope he's genuinely changed as a person, I guess time will show and I hope so for his family/kid.

Good deal by the club considering circumstances.

Absolutely couldn’t have stayed. 100% support the decision

United produce loads of world class players but not many goalscorers. I’ve always wanted to see United produce a 25-30 goal a year striker. A few years ago it looked like we finally had. Onto the next. Hopefully it won’t be long before we do

Happy he is gone, but also desperately sad.

There was a time when seeing his name of the team-sheet, or even the bench, filled one with glee. Such talent, such panache and best of all ours.

Could hardly wait to see him develop.

Such a damn shame but the correct move by the club. I've been critical of Ineos but his departure has been handled well, To think arnold
wanted him phased back in. Yeesh.

I wish MG and his rehabilitation all the best.

Have a hard time imagining him NOT scoring +25 goals in Ligue 1. So, optimistic that the sell-on fee will come in handy.

Goes into a box with Ravel Morrison. Two outrageously talented footballers, who could have been amongst the best players of their generation, who ruined their own United careers. MG is one of the best players I have ever seen to come through our academy, but I highly doubt he will ever fulfill his potential now. And I frankly couldn’t care less about that.

This is a great fee for the club, and I am glad we can all move on from this dark chapter. The 50% share of future profit is fascinating. If he ever does fulfill his potential, and moved on for a 75m fee, for example…that would be another 25m in our pocket.

Well done to our negotiating team. Despite the hysteria of some fans at the start of this summer, the new leadership team has acted with extreme competency thus far. Happy to see this 26m fee go down as pure profit in PSR terms, which can be spun out into multiple signings.

He was once the shining light in a club that was continually being dragged further down into the wilderness by the Glazers.

This is now his punishment. Good riddance. A welcomed fresh start!

A s*it stain that we can finally remove from underneath our shoe. Fantastic piece of business.

Glad this is over but can’t bring myself to celebrate, the whole affair is just completely tragic.

Most of all I hope his partner is well and safe but I find it desperately sad how the whole thing has went.

I was certain he was destined for the very top, came through at roughly the same time as Foden who’s just won the PL POTY and I still think Mason had the greater talent. Completely threw it away and this will tarnish him forever, deservedly so.

I do with him and his family well for the future and I hope it works out for him but what an utter waste for it to go this way.

Good riddance. Probably the first player to leave the club, that I can remember, that I do not wish all the best for.

Hopefully his partner is staying in Manchester while he works away.

1 less drama for the manager to deal with.

Good move for Mason and a decent transfer fee for United.

Chapter closed.

Very good deal for Utd ….recouping all of his Utd wages

Delighted, my thoughts on him have been stated many times and don't need retreading.

Sorted nice and quickly, hopefully this is the last thread about him on here for a long time.

Finally over.

Good luck to him, hopefully he generates a big transfer fee in the next couple of years.

nothing is ruined or wasted here. he's 22 years old, he could end up having a great career in France. good fee, good deal in general.

Was never playing for us again, no matter how delusional some at the club and some fans were/are about the whole thing.

Not a bad deal at all, all things considered, I'm just glad he's finally gone even if it's a year late.

Hopefully that family will go on to have happy lives.

great news, and realistically there's another pay day down the line.

If he finds his way again this will be incredible business for Marseille

Best we could've hoped for. Do well and get a move to Real for 150m in two years. We could sure use the money.

Good riddance finally, and for a good fee and sell on clause if it works out in the future. I don't think it will but we'll see. Great work by our club to get rid of him!

Good riddance.

I have a hard time being too happy with this as I feel uncomfortable making him someone else's problem as well.

But it's mainly a sense of relief.

I said last year that I thought we’d end up releasing him for free, so I think the club needs a lot of credit here for the way they ultimately managed the situation. The loan to Getafe was a very shrewd move and this summer has been handled with a minimum of fuss.

Fingers crossed he does really well at Marseille and PSG end up spending £100m on him.