Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Better but not good. He was terrible last season, and now he's approaching decent.

I think he has some very good moments this season. Honestly I have reached a point where I don't put to much blame on our players anymore. Our manager's tactics works to the detriment of our players

I feel like I am living in my own bubble reading many comments here. To me Rashy has been much better this season and has been much better at looking up and trying to find his attacking partners.
100%. Far more interested, involved. Looks dangerous, more stuff coming off for him, decision making better. I have zero issues with this version of Marcus.

I hope he develops a playmaking ability, he can do it and as a RW, coming into the half spaces and sending balls to the box, he can be an attacking weapon there, Garna is ineffective on the right, be is brilliant on the left, so I see why Ten Hag is persisting with this setup.

People are blind. This season, Marcus Rashford is averaging more open play chances created (1.7) and more big chances created (0.64) than he has ever managed in his career to date (according to Statman Dave. :smirk:).
He's still not in great form of course, but he is genuinely playing more selflessly than I've seen from him before. He's looking for other options than cut in and shoot a lot more, he's contributing a bit more defensively than usual, he's going in for more physical duels, he's hitting good switches of play to the other wing. This is all showing up in the stats as well, the first is last season, the second is this season:
Screenshot-2024-10-26-122947.png
Screenshot-2024-10-26-122957.png

He's taking half as many shots, but still scoring at close to the same rate, while creating more than 3 times as much xA per game. I feel like a lot of these chances have been falling to Zirkzee, who has generally been having a bit of a mare with his finishing (and everything else), but with Hojlund now fit and firing, I think we'll start seeing this version of Rashford contribute well for us.

His passing numbers especially look like a different player, again last season first:
Screenshot-2024-10-26-124025.png
Screenshot-2024-10-26-124010.png

More than 3x more xA, 3x more through balls, 4x more switches, twice as many passes into the box, twice as many assists, almost twice as many crosses, 50% more key passes.

With Garnacho on the other wing basically playing like the old version of Rashford, cutting in and shooting as his first, second and third choice, we probably need the other winger to be a more creative, supporting type. I didn't know Marcus had it in him, but he's really starting to grow into that role.

I think he has some very good moments this season. Honestly I have reached a point where I don't put to much blame on our players anymore. Our manager's tactics works to the detriment of our players
That is fair, and it's my worry that we ruin our youngsters with this stuff. Garnacho has become such a run and shoot idiot, just continuous mindless running and shooting in every situation.

He's still not in great form of course, but he is genuinely playing more selflessly than I've seen from him before. He's looking for other options than cut in and shoot a lot more, he's contributing a bit more defensively than usual, he's going in for more physical duels, he's hitting good switches of play to the other wing. This is all showing up in the stats as well, the first is last season, the second is this season:
Screenshot-2024-10-26-122947.png
Screenshot-2024-10-26-122957.png

He's taking half as many shots, but still scoring at close to the same rate, while creating more than 3 times as much xA per game. I feel like a lot of these chances have been falling to Zirkzee, who has generally been having a bit of a mare with his finishing (and everything else), but with Hojlund now fit and firing, I think we'll start seeing this version of Rashford contribute well for us.

His passing numbers especially look like a different player, again last season first:
Screenshot-2024-10-26-124025.png
Screenshot-2024-10-26-124010.png

More than 3x more xA, 3x more through balls, 4x more switches, twice as many passes into the box, twice as many assists, almost twice as many crosses, 50% more key passes.

With Garnacho on the other wing basically playing like the old version of Rashford, cutting in and shooting as his first, second and third choice, we probably need the other winger to be a more creative, supporting type. I didn't know Marcus had it in him, but he's really starting to grow into that role.
His long passing has been his highlight this season, made some good chances, but he's not affective himself in the box, his long balls are from deeper. This means there is a lack of quality to work with in and around the box, which is a problem for us.

That is fair, and it's my worry that we ruin our youngsters with this stuff. Garnacho has become such a run and shoot idiot, just continuous mindless running and shooting in every situation.

Could not agree more. It's very worrying

I was very vocal about his performances and attitude but he has been one of our least issues and is doing so much better

According to his contract

This is what you can't get away from. It's true he's been better, but I think 'not being terrible' needs to stop being the benchmark for praise.

He should surely be judged as one of our top players with an expectation he turns in a 8/10 performance more often than not. And that's judged against his peers and other top players, not against his own performances in these last two years.

If he has/if he can turn the corner, then great. I just think what we're seeing is a significant improvement from terrible and not a player turning in the level of performances we need or his position/salary should command. I don't think we should confuse improved with good enough.

Garnacho hasn't become a run and shoot idiot, he has always been that

Better but not good. He was terrible last season, and now he's approaching decent.
Exactly. He’s been so bad to mediocre for the last few years (with the exception of a mind-boggling 3-month purple patch in ETH’s first season), that anything approaching decent suddenly seems great.

Someone said this above: he should be our Salah.

And, ideally he should - of course.

But he is not - and has never been - good enough to be that.

He lacks the sheer quality to be that.

I am very sorry - but there it is.

West Ham 2:1 Man Utd New
Walking pace football.

He'll have some games when he feels up for it but they will be between multiple lethargic performances like today.

Someone said this above: he should be our Salah.

And, ideally he should - of course.

But he is not - and has never been - good enough to be that.

He lacks the sheer quality to be that.

I am very sorry - but there it is.
I don't know why do you have to be sorry, it is clear as daylight that he will never reach Salah's level and numbers.
Also, shifting him from left, to center, to right does not help.

Probably as hard to sell as Antony, so he should just be bought out, take the loss and move on.

Gets stuck on the RW every single game so some 20yr old winger with half his talent can feel comfortable, gets subbed off every game as well despite the team struggling. Don't blame, wouldn't want to play for this shite manager either. He's managing to make the entire team look worse than they are.

Had made a promising start to the season IMO, but we're back in part-time footballer mode again today. Walk around, pass it backwards, run into players. Who cares right? More to life than football.

I can't blame him, really. If my team couldn't score in a brothel and my immediate replacement was Amad, on that salary and with the manager getting all the heat, i wouldn't be bothered either.

Gets stuck on the RW every single game so some 20yr old winger with half his talent can feel comfortable, gets subbed off every game as well despite the team struggling. Don't blame, wouldn't want to play for this shite manager either. He's managing to make the entire team look worse than they are.
why-would-you-say-something-so-controversial-yet-so-brave.gif

I'm with you buddy

We're back to: of course it's acceptable he walked around the pitch in protest at being played in a position that isn't his first preference.

Such a Manchester United player is this lad

why-would-you-say-something-so-controversial-yet-so-brave.gif

I'm with you buddy

Que? Half Rashford's talent? What talent is that? Running into blind alleys? Mis-placing easy final third passes? Talent because very occasionally he'll pull off an elastico? We'd do well to remember that Rashford is being moved from LW, not only for Garnacho, but also because Rashford has been hot garbage on that LW for longer than Napster has been out of fashion.

that description fits Garnacho as well though

It could. Workrate isn't comparable though. And if Garnacho is still here and still this player when he's 27, nobody in the Garnacho performance thread should get away with "But what about that other player..." whataboutery either

Que? Half Rashford's talent? What talent is that? Running into blind alleys? Mis-placing easy final third passes? Talent because very occasionally he'll pull off an elastico? We'd do well to remember that Rashford is being moved from LW, not only for Garnacho, but also because Rashford has been hot garbage on that LW for longer than Napster has been out of fashion.
You latched onto something I'm not saying and I don't care about, but for me Rashford is a better player, he was in form and he should be starting in his preferred position. Although I'd accept it if he was out right and it was working, for the team like. It isn't though is it?

Anyway I'm not here to get involved with the rants, made my point

Not quite sure why we've changed our style so that Garnacho is the outball, and Rashy is playing this weird sort of inside position on the other side.
We surely haven't decided that he can't use his pace anymore, as it was only a few games ago he was rinsing some Euro game right back.

Tired of trashing this guy every game now, please just sell him for everyone's sake including his.