Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Went back for the ball a lot, put in a defensive shift, was really smart with the ball, didnt force it and overall a composed and a quality game by him.

He was much better. Still think he can do more, but definitely worked harder and it was a great cross.

I think the benefit of playing him on the right is it forces him to cross it and not just run inside and shoot every time like we see when he's on the left.

Just hope he can put in this level of work rate every game now. That's the minimum requirement for any player.

Appears a bit better this season, so fingers crossed he kicks on now and helps us move up the table. Confidence is definitely higher.

I am guilty of only commenting on him when he is bad, so I should say acknowledge he played well on Saturday. Hopefully he can maintain some form now

He was much better. Still think he can do more, but definitely worked harder and it was a great cross.

I think the benefit of playing him on the right is it forces him to cross it and not just run inside and shoot every time like we see when he's on the left.

Just hope he can put in this level of work rate every game now. That's the minimum requirement for any player.

I agree but he noticeably walked off earlier than others after the game with some speculating that it's because he doesn't overly like the RW as he's said he prefers LW - Let's hope he can put the team first as this was much better, I still do think Amad is our best choice RW though but as long as we win, I can't complain.

Hope he gets another goal soon to boost his already good work, would take his confidence to another level im sure.

Lacks the intricacy to successfully invert consistently on the left, so evolving into a right wing crosser now his raw pace has declined is the next natural step for him.

I agree but he noticeably walked off earlier than others after the game with some speculating that it's because he doesn't overly like the RW as he's said he prefers LW - Let's hope he can put the team first as this was much better, I still do think Amad is our best choice RW though but as long as we win, I can't complain.
I haven't heard that. Hope its not true. I doubt it is, because his performance didn't seem stroppy.

If it does turn out to be true, he needs moving on ASAP.

Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd New
Him seemingly now being able to beat a man again is one of the few highlights of the season so far

Thought he was very quiet. Wasn't his day.

Yeah, think that’s fair. He looked fairly sharp when he did get the ball and made a few good off the ball runs which, as per usual, weren’t found but struggled to influence the game.

He’s not a right winger though, never has been and never will be. He looked to be hitting good form and ETH first benched/subs him and then starts playing him out of position. I don’t understand the management.

His levels dropped so badly we are sadly now at a point where if he has one or two decent moments in a game where he comes “close” to producing something, it’s regarded as a good game. This is meant to be our star go to player. Our Haaland, Saka, Salah. Sad times.

Yeah, think that’s fair. He looked fairly sharp when he did get the ball and made a few good off the ball runs which, as per usual, weren’t found but struggled to influence the game.

He’s not a right winger though, never has been and never will be. He looked to be hitting good form and ETH first benched/subs him and then starts playing him out of position. I don’t understand the management.

I thought the management was fine after his display against Barnsley. Shit opposition where everything went in, overall performance is good but keep him grounded. Not much of a surprise that he used the performance to throw in a couple of comments about the mentality and overall attitude needed, general lifestyle outside the pitch.

I thought he was overall very good against Brentford, that’s the type of performances he should be consistently putting in considering his age and status, but those type of performances are generally far between.

Will be interesting to see how he continues this season. He risks being completely outside the England national team if he continues like this

Another decent performance. I like how he's now prone to getting his head up and finding a pass instead of running down blind alleys.

Honestly this season his best aspect has been his crosses/long balls (however you want to label them), his own direct attacking hasn't worked out but he has some nice assists.

I thought the management was fine after his display against Barnsley. Shit opposition where everything went in, overall performance is good but keep him grounded. Not much of a surprise that he used the performance to throw in a couple of comments about the mentality and overall attitude needed, general lifestyle outside the pitch.

I thought he was overall very good against Brentford, that’s the type of performances he should be consistently putting in considering his age and status, but those type of performances are generally far between.

Will be interesting to see how he continues this season. He risks being completely outside the England national team if he continues like this
Yes but a lot is down to the quality of opposition, which can be said for any good performance for nearly all our players.

Honestly this season his best aspect has been his crosses/long balls (however you want to label them), his own direct attacking hasn't worked out but he has some nice assists.

He’s one of the best in the game at line-breaking runs but for some reason we seem absolutely incapable of finding him with through balls this season. Last night I can recall Zirkzee overhitting one pass when he’d have been clean through by about 50 yards and Eriksen wasted another golden chance by trying to play a Hollywood cross field pass instead of just sliding Rashford through. When you add Dalot being unable to pick him out with a simple cut back, it must be very frustrating for him at times. I was quite pleased to see him react positively to Eriksen at least - as that was definitely an incident where I expected him to be throwing his arms up in despair.

If we’d made even half the passes that seem obvious watching on TV then he’d have had several golden chances this season. It’s not just him either - we seem allergic to playing the seemingly simple through passes this season.

Thought he was rubbish. Didn't look confident, didn't look fit. Way too much backwards stuff when he had time to turn.

We badly need a new wide player.

His levels dropped so badly we are sadly now at a point where if he has one or two decent moments in a game where he comes “close” to producing something, it’s regarded as a good game. This is meant to be our star go to player. Our Haaland, Saka, Salah. Sad times.
Totally agree. His work rate was nowhere near the level it was at for the Brentford game and constantly played the ball backwards when there were options available for him to go forward. One of several players who infuriate me.

Trying to end every move with a Maradona-esque run into the box is a problem. If you set out to try and score a world class goal every time, you're not going to score that many.

He still had issues with keeping it simple. Looking up and playing the ball. He's getting better at getting the ball in earlier from a wide position. But when the opposition arises to cut inside he has the blinkers on.

Playing him on the right had curbed the entitlement he seemed to be labouring under that the point of every attack was to see how many ways he could miss.

I don't think he's anywhere near our biggest issue, and I'm glad he seems to have the confidence again to run at defences. Last season that was totally absent in his game.

That said, there's no denying he really hasn't kicked on nor has he turned into half the player we were probably hoping he would be. Alongside his ability, the fearlessness of youth was clearly a big part of his impact on games for us - he now looks like he's doubting himself way too much.

Although - that said - with the exception of Garnacho, I think every signle attacking player at Utd looks that way and I'm prepared to lay that blame firmly at the feet of ETH. I think this is also a reason RVN is here and I suspect ETH has far less time with attackers than he used to.

I don't think he's anywhere near our biggest issue, and I'm glad he seems to have the confidence again to run at defences. Last season that was totally absent in his game.

That said, there's no denying he really hasn't kicked on nor has he turned into half the player we were probably hoping he would be. Alongside his ability, the fearlessness of youth was clearly a big part of his impact on games for us - he now looks like he's doubting himself way too much.

Although - that said - with the exception of Garnacho, I think every signle attacking player at Utd looks that way and I'm prepared to lay that blame firmly at the feet of ETH. I think this is also a reason RVN is here and I suspect ETH has far less time with attackers than he used to.

He's obviously a big issue. He's supposed to be essentially our Salah, Saka or whatever else, and he's producing next to nothing for his wage and status in the club. For months and months on end. We shouldn't pretend everything is rosey because he shows "something" on the pitch the odd time, it's just incredibly low standards at this point.

Thought he was rubbish. Didn't look confident, didn't look fit. Way too much backwards stuff when he had time to turn.

We badly need a new wide player.

But... he got an assist at the weekend...

Personally I don't like the way he plays, doesn't run enough, doesn't make enough clever off the ball runs, he's generally lacks awareness. Takes the wrong option way too often.. doesn't compete aerially, pulls out of tackles, stands and watches players whip in crosses.. etc etc.

But he'll score or assist every now and again and that's ok for a lot of people. The main problem is, you just don't know what you're going to get from him game to game and you cannot rely on players like that to get you to the top.

He's obviously a big issue. He's supposed to be essentially our Salah, Saka or whatever else, and he's producing next to nothing for his wage and status in the club. For months and months on end. We shouldn't pretend everything is rosey because he shows "something" on the pitch the odd time, it's just incredibly low standards at this point.

Oh absolutely - there's no way he should be earning what he does, but he also shouldn't be considered alongside the likes of Salah and Saka because we don't have that player. He's closer to Martinelli and Nunez than either of those. And that's not to insult him, they're good players to have but not superstars.

If he wasn't British or homegrown, he'd be way less relied upon imo.

He does seem to have regained some confidence in dribbling, but was too quiet yesterday. Still, on another day he comes away with at least one goal - his effort after dribbling on the right clipped the post, and Dalot made a terrible pass, which should have been an easy chance for Rashford.

Seems to be our best wide forward option along with Garnacho right now.

You get the feeling he can make something happen, but his ball retention and physicality are genuinely appalling. He seems to lose every duel, and it’s such an underrated aspect in forwards these days. It’s part of what makes Liverpool’s so good.

Considering the fact he's our star player, our go to player in a team that is lacking goals badly and is miles off the level needed, I would say he is very much our biggest issue.

Oh absolutely - there's no way he should be earning what he does, but he also shouldn't be considered alongside the likes of Salah and Saka because we don't have that player. He's closer to Martinelli and Nunez than either of those. And that's not to insult him, they're good players to have but not superstars.

If he wasn't British or homegrown, he'd be way less relied upon imo.

But Saka and Rashford always look similar level players when they play together for England. Saka has 19 GA in 2960 minutes and Rashford has 23 GA in 2690 minutes.

Do you perhaps think that maybe you are being influenced by the fact Saka is currently playing for one of the best attacking teams in Europe and Rashford is watching intended passes fly 50 yards past him (whilst playing out of position anyway)?

Sure I’d like Rashford to be better at dealing with the fact he’s playing in a miserable United team with an awful coach. I’ve absolutely no doubt though that if he was in the Arsenal team currently he’s look a superstar. You only need to look at Havertz for an example of the difference between playing for a poorly organised team and a top tier one and he’s nowhere near Rashford’s level.

It's a false economy this "most likely to make something happen" metric. If someone is simultaneously selfish with the ball, and at the same time significantly restricting opportunities for others, then yes they're more likely than anyone else to score, but that isn't a good thing.

According to who?

People are blind. This season, Marcus Rashford is averaging more open play chances created (1.7) and more big chances created (0.64) than he has ever managed in his career to date (according to Statman Dave. :smirk:).

People are blind. This season, Marcus Rashford is averaging more open play chances created (1.7) and more big chances created (0.64) than he has ever managed in his career to date (according to Statman Dave. :smirk:).
Ok but he was never known for creating chances.

But Saka and Rashford always look similar level players when they play together for England. Saka has 19 GA in 2960 minutes and Rashford has 23 GA in 2690 minutes.

Do you perhaps think that maybe you are being influenced by the fact Saka is currently playing for one of the best attacking teams in Europe and Rashford is watching intended passes fly 50 yards past him (whilst playing out of position anyway)?

Sure I’d like Rashford to be better at dealing with the fact he’s playing in a miserable United team with an awful coach. I’ve absolutely no doubt though that if he was in the Arsenal team currently he’s look a superstar. You only need to look at Havertz for an example of the difference between playing for a poorly organised team and a top tier one and he’s nowhere near Rashford’s level.
Stats for national teams are pointless, most games are against fodder. I don't think Rashford would make the first 11 in Arsenal.

I feel like I am living in my own bubble reading many comments here. To me Rashy has been much better this season and has been much better at looking up and trying to find his attacking partners.

I feel like I am living in my own bubble reading many comments here. To me Rashy has been much better this season and has been much better at looking up and trying to find his attacking partners.
Better but not good. He was terrible last season, and now he's approaching decent.