Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Great overall performance today. Still, he should only play as a LW. He’s too predictable and mostly ineffective on the right. Ironically, that’s where I find Garnacho to be better. Swap them and we’ll be good.

Always said that he plays better off the right. He plays more for the team as he isn’t always looking to come in and ping a shot away. He is just way too predictable on the left. At least on the right he looks for team mates more and puts in passes unlike from the left.

Looks to also be working harder and recognising that he has defensive responsibilities. Filling in when Dalot had pushed forward and not to mention a few very good battles to win the ball back. Thought this was a very good well rounded performance. Still has a lot more to do but he was decent.

I was surprised to see Rashford playing on the right, but he delivered a composed and mature performance, which justified ten Hag's decision. Nearly every choice he made on the ball was spot on. The highlight had to be his perfectly weighted pass to Garnacho for the goal, a moment of true quality that capped off an excellent display.

Fair play to him today, was good in all areas of the pitch, slotted in well for Dalots forward runs as well, good going forward and backwards.

Really good performance today, looked lively and dangerous, passing was more in line with ability some beautiful switched balls out to garnacho, right into his feet. Competitiveness also on point, really encouraging.

You'll have posters saying we should sell him by the next match
Yawn.

Great overall performance today. Still, he should only play as a LW. He’s too predictable and mostly ineffective on the right. Ironically, that’s where I find Garnacho to be better. Swap them and we’ll be good.
Always said that he plays better off the right. He plays more for the team as he isn’t always looking to come in and ping a shot away. He is just way too predictable on the left. At least on the right he looks for team mates more and puts in passes unlike from the left.

Looks to also be working harder and recognising that he has defensive responsibilities. Filling in when Dalot had pushed forward and not to mention a few very good battles to win the ball back. Thought this was a very good well rounded performance. Still has a lot more to do but he was decent.
The Caf in a nutshell. Not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, just funny to read in consecutive posts

Good performance today and defensively put in his best shift in years. Hope he shows that same effort in every game as he's at an age now where he needs to display that consistency.

He was excellent and has been performing much better recently. Hopefully he keeps it up.

He's been doing well for a while in terms of providing a key ball or moment whether they come off or not during the teams bad spell.

He's played really well today as a team contributor, which is something I've not said of him very much over the past few seasons. The long passing ability he's added to his locker in recent months is brilliant, and I hope he can find more of that spark and space to be creative, not just attacking. With Hojlund and Garnacho also looking sharp, I'm looking forward to a version of Rashford that has more freedom (in terms of space on the field and mentally too) to be threatening.

Worked far harder today than I have seen him do in ages.

The cynic in me thinks he sees England having Tuchel gives them a fair crack at the World Cup and knows he finally has to burst his arse to get back in that squad.

Looking promising. Needs to add more goals, I think that would happen naturally with enough performances like today where he's able to draw confidence from his overall game. That is if he is able to repeat today's showing. Never safe to assume with Rashford, just gotta hope for the best for now.

So much better than what we had seen previously. I do quite like him off the right.

He's absolutely nailing those cross field passes this season. feels like he's spraying it perfectly into heir feet, on the run, every time. Really positive from him in the last few games.

He's absolutely nailing those cross field passes this season. feels like he's spraying it perfectly into heir feet, on the run, every time. Really positive from him in the last few games.

It seems like he unlocked that pass in the FA Cup Final.

He's been doing well for a while in terms of providing a key ball or moment whether they come off or not during the teams bad spell.
Yep. He’s been our sole attacking outlet in terms of creating a chance or scoring a chance since the start of the season really.

Yep. He’s been our sole attacking outlet in terms of creating a chance or scoring a chance since the start of the season really.
Hopefully he starts getting more praise, as most of our content creators haven't caught up with his performances this season and still pile in on him.

I am often a harsh critic but I’ll say he’s been far better this season even in our defeats. Today however was peak Rashford. More importantly than the moments of magic were the moments of team play and graft that have been missing from his game, he worked hard today, looks fit and his hold up play/build up play was levels above the player we have previously seen. This should be the benchmark. I’m not expecting too performances with goals and assists every week, I just want his base level to not be an active hindrance to the team. More of this please!

You'll have posters saying we should sell him by the next match

Actually, his performance today is the reason people want him sold. They know he is capable of playing like today, but something is happening in his head that's preventing him from constantly putting such performances. If he played 70% or more of his games like today, nobody will say a bad word about him.

I loved the fact that he never stopped running today. I trully hope that we will see this Rashford throughout the complete season. The signs from the start of the season are positive.

If he would bother running into the box on the far post once in a while instead of overloading the center he could score loads. He was MIA on the far post today and we passed it into that area on numerous occasions. He did ok today but his standard set by him last season is pretty much on the floor so nobody expects to much from him anyway.

He had a good game and much of that was because he didn't play like the Marcus Rashford we know. Focusing more on doing the basics correct, put in a good shift and getting into decent attacking positions for crosses like a proper old school winger. His biggest strength is his ability to hit the ball. He can shoot and he can cross. The right foot will be used to a greater effect on the right.

If we'd seen him for the first time this match we'd be comparing him to Saka which is a good thing. We want our players performance floor to be a 6 out of 10. If they're missing passes and the first touch isn't really on par then at least you should be doing your duty off the ball. Rashford had that covered today and a good amount better.

This doesn't even include the one he put on the plate for Zirkzee. Excellent all round performance. He's being what the other two players aren't. With Hojlund and Garnacho, he's more creator. With Amad in, he's more scorer

This doesn't even include the one he put on the plate for Zirkzee. Excellent all round performance. He's being what the other two players aren't. With Hojlund and Garnacho, he's more creator. With Amad in, he's more scorer
I like how he was very impactful from the right side too, yesterday. He's always been anonymous there, so I hope he can add this to his game. His passing range definitely allows him to contribute from the right too, like we've seen with his assist to Garnacho. But it also depends on the role, areas, and environment the manager puts him in.

Great performance. It was like a proper senior Man United (Giggs and Scholes) player performance. Good on the ball and off the ball. Making the right decision, crossing was quality, the assist was top, passing was spot on, knows when he needs to dribble and pass, hold up play was good, and his defensive work was very good.

Please do this consistently.

Some of the deliveries yesterday were phenomenal. He wouldn't be able to do that on the left. He might score less but think he can contribute more to the team as a whole on the right if he carries on like that. Same with Garnacho on the left. We looked sooooo much better offensively and this was due to good attacking play rather than being up against a poor defence. Keep it up boys!

Im a huge critic of rashford and yesterdays showing demonstrates why. Everybody is happy with him yesterday. He didnt set the world alight, he made some mistakes - but he worked hard, and played as part of team. Thats all anybody wants. There is just no reason to not do it every week, especially as an experienced player. When hes doing this, goals, assists and a bigger impact will come. Without this, no player can play well.

I've never understood the defence of why he is usually so poor on the right. It seems to be based on displeasure his opportunities to cut in side are limited. Never seen how or why so may fans bought that as something apparently perfectly acceptable; effectively playing with a cob on because you can't shoot every time you get forward.

Yesterday was a good outing for him. Shows the whole "isn't effective from the right" was nonsense as a few of us always suspected it was.

Right-footed wide forward playing on the right hand side of the pitch and it worked. We shouldn't need a two asprin and a lie down to recover from this revelation. He needs to maintain this.

Last edited:
He was good yesterday. He's a good deliverer of the ball from the right either from crosses or cross field passes. The problem is will he be happy with that role in the team long term and giving up his spot on the left to Garnacho, or is he going to get into a sulk about it?!

He was good yesterday. He's a good deliverer of the ball from the right either from crosses or cross field passes. The problem is will he be happy with that role in the team long term and giving up his spot on the left to Garnacho, or is he going to get into a sulk about it?!
They can both play on either side, this is great. They can also switch sides mid game, also great....

He’s actually been average to good for the last 6/7 games which is a huge improvement on last year where he was just God Dam Awful, I don’t believe he’s lost a yard of pace and I’ve seen him live eight or nine times this year, he was just making bad decisions, trying too hard and sulking too much because he wasn’t able to coast in games and stat pad, that’s happens more and more each year as the core 16 or 17 teams that stay up improve year on year with better younger faster stronger players.

They can both play on either side, this is great. They can also switch sides mid game, also great....

Garnacho is rubbish on the right hand side. Why, I don't know, but he is. Maybe because he's forced to go down the line and full backs can pin him into a corner and physically bully him. But we'll get next to nothing from Garnacho on the right hand side because he ain't scoring from there and he's not a great crosser of the ball either.