Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He’s still a good player. I have no idea what is going on in his head but it’s clear the extremes he has in his form both good and bad are mental

That second finish was more like it. First time, weaker side, hard and low.

I've come to terms with him never being some all action force on the wing, but if he can turn into a more reliable final third player he'll have a real impact here still. Doesn't mean banging in 30+ goals, but just consistently offering solid end product and decision making would go a long way.

Keep pointing to that head Marcus! That 2nd goal finish is what confident Rashford looks like. Really hope he's back.

He’s still a good player. I have no idea what is going on in his head but it’s clear the extremes he has in his form both good and bad are mental

Seems to get so affected by his poor runs that it compounds itself. He’s also not a player to rise above when his team are playing shite like last season.
Started the season well and if the team performances are good, I expect him to have a good season.

That second finish was more like it. First time, weaker side, hard and low.

I've come to terms with him never being some all action force on the wing, but if he can turn into a more reliable final third player he'll have a real impact here still. Doesn't mean banging in 30+ goals, but just consistently offering solid end product and decision making would go a long way.

First was a good strike through the ball. But he was effectively unchallenged 12 yards out. Still a good goal though

The second was as good a finish from him as I’ve seen. Under pressure. Weaker foot. More difficult angle…but still a pure strike. Great goal

Although we all prefer him off the left, I think we forget how often in Ten Hag’s first season he played through the middle and how important it seems to be for him to keep the goals ticking over for his confidence, even by playing him in games like this.

Keep going.

First was a good strike through the ball. But he was effectively unchallenged 12 yards out. Still a good goal though

The second was as good a finish from him as I’ve seen. Under pressure. Weaker foot. More difficult angle…but still a pure strike. Great goal

Yes unchallenged because he took down the diag with a great first touch, then sent his man for a hot dog.

The first goal was quality.

Yes unchallenged because he took down the diag with a great first touch, then sent his man for a hot dog.

The first goal was quality.
Both goals were quality, personally I think the second was better because it was his weaker foot, if his confidence wasn't up he'd have taken a touch and tried to cut in on to his right foot

So many shit performances, but credit when credit is due. Very good today, 2 brilliant goals and an assist. Also let Antony take a penalty

Please keep it up. When his confidence is high he's unplayable at times, and it's just a shame that it affects his performances so much.

The best thing he did tonight was unselfishly make a long run back to fill in at right back to cover Dalot who was upfield (maybe a set-piece, can't remember?). Wasn't mentioned by the commentators, wasn't flashy, but it was exactly the sort of thing he just wasn't doing for a long period of time.

Even after tracking back, he still made an overlapping run from the RB position to get up on our next attack; actually ended up with his pass to Antony for the penalty.

Last edited:
I have been critical, but really hope this is the corner well and truly turned for him. Needs to finally find some consistency so long may this run continue.

Looked like he enjoyed that. Thought he was excellent. I know it’s league 1 opponents and it’s unlikely we’ll ever be given that kind of space but he did a lot of nice things outwith the goals.

His first goal that first touch was brilliant, what the defender was doing god only knows as he pretty much beat himself before the 2nd touch and the finish was great.

Loved the 2nd goal, took it early and on his weaker foot, hopefully he can carry this on.

Pass down the line for the penalty, the pen itself, one touch lay off to Eriksen to find Garnacho …

Those were no brainers, little to do with being unselfish. I thought it was pretty much more of the same, just the opposition level makes it easier to get away with. He had a few situations with lay off options on the edge of the box which he ignored and tried to go past 3 oppositional players instead, it was the same with Garnacho's first goal, he essentially ignores an easy pass and runs into the most crowded area before we get lucky with the way the ball bounces off the opposition.

Our moments with quick one touch passing to set up chances and goals yesterday just shows the importance of intelligence on the pitch and how efficient it is to pass the ball rather than running with it. We'll score far more goals by consistently opting for passes to better placed teammates rather than holding on to the ball and attempting to go past players. I

Hopefully it does wonders for his confidence, as we badly need him to chip in with goals and assists.

Looking like the Rashford from 2 years ago. Think the work RVN is putting in is starting to pay of. Hope this form continues. He’s crucial to getting us into the top 4

Gonna take this performance with a pinch of salt, since Barnsley never looked like they were in the game. But still credit where it's due; he was good today.

Our moments with quick one touch passing to set up chances and goals yesterday just shows the importance of intelligence on the pitch and how efficient it is to pass the ball rather than running with it. We'll score far more goals by consistently opting for passes to better placed teammates rather than holding on to the ball and attempting to go past players. I

This is not necessarily true, and one of those classic 'the players can't win with fans no matter what they do' points. How many times do we also hear 'we don't have enough players who can beat a man.'

Yes, it's obvious to the point of cliche that passing is a more efficient way of moving the ball. But you also need players to beat a man with the ball at feet in order to disrupt defensive shape and create gaps and overloads, otherwise all that passing doesn't necessarily get you anywhere and any team with a well-drilled defensive block can easily keep you at bay.

This is not necessarily true, and one of those classic 'the players can't win with fans no matter what they do' points. How many times do we also hear 'we don't have enough players who can beat a man.'

Yes, it's obvious to the point of cliche that passing is a more efficient way of moving the ball. But you also need players to beat a man with the ball at feet in order to disrupt defensive shape and create gaps and overloads, otherwise all that passing doesn't necessarily get you anywhere and any team with a well-drilled defensive block can easily keep you at bay.

It's really not and i'm not really sure why i should care about the amount of times someone says we don't have enough players who can beat a man either. Yesterday was a walk in the park, Casemiro created how many chances from backheeling it from way outside the box? It should however be a very much welcomed confidence boost.

Obviously you need players that are able to "beat a man". Too many times we attempt it in meaningless situations in the middle of the pitch where even if you get past the player we don't gain anything as you could've just as easily played a one two and ran past him without the ball and gained just as much ground without the risk. It's all about when and where you attempt it, like the amount of times Antony has the fullback isolated out wide, but it doesn't really matter because even if he does get past his fullback it doesn't last very long. Whereas you'd want Rashford in similar situations against isolated players. It's a numbers game, challenging an isolated player is one thing, challenging an oppositional player in a congested area is a bit like Cristiano taking freekicks, it's wonderful when it comes off but it rarely does.

Really happy with his performance. Showed some great skill and very important for this result.

Not sure what’s happening in his head though