Marcus Rashford England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Will reserve judgment until I see it against a team who aren't the worst in the Premier League
To be fair he created two big goal scoring against Liverpool. A Rashford that's creating and scoring is far more useful to the team than the dead useless player he was last season.

Hopefully this will be the confidence he needs. I took the piss a bit with his training vid (I was right as Ramsdale saved a lot of his long rangers), but it does look like it made a noticeable difference, because he just wasn't getting those shots off before.

Any reason he’s doing his own private sessions outside of what he’s already doing at Carrington or was it a one off promotional thing.

If he scores around 20-25 league goals this season I think we'll finish top 4.

Considering his highest PL total was 17 and that was his first open play goal in the PL since the 3rd of March, I wouldn't bet on that.

Will reserve judgment until I see it against a team who aren't the worst in the Premier League
That goal would have gone in against a top team, there's very few keepers stopping that, whether a top team would allow him to get in the position he did to shoot is a different matter all together

Any reason he’s doing his own private sessions outside of what he’s already doing at Carrington or was it a one off promotional thing.
As the video I posted said, he was on his own because others were on international duty so enlisted a coach to put him through his paces to keep sharp until team training came back.

Probably did a few sessions for his PR campaign about how much he loves the club. Guy puts in the first decent performance in ages and suddenly he's reborn. He's took the piss out of this club and fanbase for the last few seasons but that's all forgotten because he scored against bottom fodder.

Probably did a few sessions for his PR campaign about how much he loves the club. Guy puts in the first decent performance in ages and suddenly he's reborn. He's took the piss out of this club and fanbase for the last few seasons but that's all forgotten because he scored against bottom fodder.

The last few seasons?
You mean, he, like 90% of the rest of the team, were fecking awful last season.

The season before that he absolutely smashed it.

He was very poor last season, but don't exaggerate.

Got that Rashford - Martial vibe between him and Zirkzee. But as everyone has predicted, Zirkzee is the type of striker/forward that could bring the best of Rashford.
They combined so well so naturally, whereas there seemed to be a lot of work to strike up a relationship with Højlund last season and it still hasn't looked natural.

If i remember, people wanted him gone prior to 2022/23 season because of poor form over the previous 12-18 months.
Which was already an exaggeration back then. He was a young player on a learning curve, with the he usual issue or irregularity, but big potential. Had also been ran into the ground by Ole back then, and was playing through a shoulder and back injury. Last year was genuinely bad, but before that was par for the course with a mix of good and less good performances.

They combined so well so naturally, whereas there seemed to be a lot of work to strike up a relationship with Højlund last season and it still hasn't looked natural.
Taking it to extreme high-end, this reminds me of Higuain vs Benzema to partner Ronaldo situation. It's not so secret that a goalscorer like Ronaldo would prefer Benzema type.

It's amazing how Rashford is the best attacker this season and yet he is the one who gets criticized the most.

Let's not act like he's great all of a sudden. Definitely doing a little better so far this season converted a well placed shot against a poor defensive side and a couple good crosses. Still his xG+xA is only slightly above average in the EPL yet he earns like he's a top player.

He's almost another midfielder that doesn't defend at this point. All he can does is take long shots and cross the ball. Can't beat his man to unlock defenses or make runs in behind which is kind of the whole point of a LW.

It's amazing how Rashford is the best attacker this season and yet he is the one who gets criticized the most.
He hasn't been the best attacker this season, that would be Amad

Last edited:
He's earning top money and has been phoning it in for most of the last three years. The fact so many have an issue with others pointing that out, helps explain why we're a mid-table team.

Put his wages aside, if a reserve player put in the same effort level in training as this guy consistently does during games, he'd be bounced out of the club in an instant under Fergie. The decision to try and make this guy the poster boy of the club is easily one of the worst decisions in the modern history of this football club.

Moments United's star player. Apparently redeemed now by.....(checks notes).... having a moment.

Last edited:
The last few seasons?
You mean, he, like 90% of the rest of the team, were fecking awful last season.

The season before that he absolutely smashed it.

4 league goals before the world cup, scored in two games I think. Couple of assists.

That's not a season of smashing it.

If you're big players don't start playing till January it's too late. Seasons pretty much over in that scenario.

Would get him out there again tonight to hopefully build upon the goal at the weekend.

Rashford is always so much better with Shaw behind him.
There's some truth to that but it's a bit disappointing if his top form relies on one player. It's like when people used to say Pogba needed to play on the left of a midfield three to see the best out of him.

We're starting to see some improvement with Rashford i think and i'm hoping the goal does a lot for him. His career was in a difficult place at the start of the 22-23 season before the early games against Liverpool and Arsenal and then he scored in both games and went on to have the best season of his career. Maybe it can happen again. I feel we need him to have a great season.

This guy can't win can he?

We're 4 games into the season and Rashford is unlucky not to have a couple more goals and assists to his name.

It's been a decent start for him, and a marked improvement on last season. Let's hope for more and more.

4 league goals before the world cup, scored in two games I think. Couple of assists.

That's not a season of smashing it.

56 games, 30 goals, 11 assists.

11 goals/assists in 18 games pre World Cup, including 2 goals v Arsenal and 1 v Liverpool.
30 goals/assists in 38 games post World Cup.

Yes he smashed it that season however you wanna spin it. (Don’t forget even RVP went a period of 4 goals in 12 during his unbelievable league winning season).

Last edited:
Created 2 big chances vs Liverpool and scored great goal on Saturday (could've had 1-2 more). Hopefully this season he'll do better than last. Not expecting 22/23 again but at least a decent season would be something.