2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Well you don't love Utd then...simples.
I would love my career more. And want to be successful more. 100%. And I would never choose to play for Ten Hag

So If you think that's an insult to me then you're very mistaken.

Traditionally south Americans have always thrived for united he should be a home run of a signing and he definitely won't hate living in Cold rainy Manchester

When Kobbie Mainoo broke through, he was the one dropping the deepest to start the build up. His press resistance and ability to carry the ball made him perfect for it. Then he scores a few goals and we’ve totally stopped letting him be the guy to build up play. I do not understand the obsession with always wanting midfielders to become scorers in England. Kobbie Mainoo should be developing his game to become a controlling midfielder. He doesn’t even have the engine to be this B2B guy we’ve seen him being played as of late.

I believe if Kobbie Mainoo is the one building up play, it gives Ugarte the license to then roam and hunt down the ball. Ugarte shouldn’t be our deepest midfielder, especially when we’re building up play. He just doesn’t have the skill set for it. I mean that was the main reason Enrique wanted him gone from PSG.
I sort of agree and sort of don't. I agree that he has some very good traits you need for the deepest midfielder, but at the same time Mainoo lacks the range of pass for the deepest midfield role. Since making the jump up to senior football he has retained his press resistance, ball carrying, and quick feet, but his passing is very basic. The amount of passes he attempts per game is very low and the amount that are actually "progressive" is even lower. I think the manager and his reticence to try and control midfield plays a part in this, but I think Kobbie is too happy to defer to others and just rely on his slick press resistance and dribbling to carry the ball and then palm off a quick short pass.

I think in the grand scheme you either play Mainoo as the furthest forward of the midfield three (remove Fernandes/Mount), or you have him as the deepest but beside a better long and medium high volume passer.

Midfield needs a big revamp under a manager who knows what he's doing with a midfield. Eriksen, Casemiro, and (ideally) Fernandes all go and we pick up the pieces and start again with complementary profiles around Mainoo to hide the blemishes in his game and adorn his strengths.

Struggling? He is better than the alternatives, yet ten Hag won't play him. Explain that brilliant decision from our extraordinary manager, will you?
Believe me you get me defending this woeful manager but I also don't get this signing, is he really any better than what fred could have done for us if you want a pressing midfielder who has erratic passing

I would love my career more. And want to be successful more. 100%. And I would never choose to play for Ten Hag

So If you think that's an insult to me then you're very mistaken.
It wasn't meant to be an insult.
I am just glad that there are young talented players at the club that don't share your opinion.

Believe me you get me defending this woeful manager but I also don't get this signing, is he really any better than what fred could have done for us if you want a pressing midfielder who has erratic passing

Ugarte's passing game is typically a lot more accurate than Fred's was. The problem is that it's conservative, not that it's particularly erratic.

Beyond that, Fred was a 30 year old with one year left on his contract. So keeping him would have meant handing him a new contract covering a period where he (a player who relied a lot on his physicality) was likely to decline physically.

Just read a report that says he’s already regretting his decision to join United :lol:

Don’t believe this to be true, but I’m hoping we have looked at our pastoral care processes to help players settle. From the outside looking in - City doesn’t seem to struggle with players settling in off book payments help

That’s simply not good enough for a Manchester United midfielder. Or at least the Manchester United that we used to be.

It’s certainly not good enough for a player that we spent circa £50 million on. He’s going to have to show a lot more then just being safe and wohard to justify his signing.

£50m in this context isn't that much money. Especially as we didn't actually spend £50m on him. We spent £42m, rising to £50m depending on whether he hits performance add-ons.

It's not like we spent the €100m+ supposedly top level mids like Rice, Caicedo and Ezo went for recently. Or even the €70m+ genuinely top level mids like Casemiro and Rodri cost before that.

We spent as about much or less than teams spent on other relatively B-list signings like Partey, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Jorginho, Fred, Matheus Nunes, etc. Which is fair, as Ugarte is a similarly B-tier signing. A young mid who is very strong in some areas and limited in others.

Last edited:
Poor bloke can't catch a break.

With the entire defence out it seems Bielsa has gone full Loco and will play him as some sort of sweeper, between two fullbacks, with no CBs.

The upside is he will probably come to terms with ETH being some sort of Mourinho regen by comparison.

£50m in this context isn't that much money. Especially as we didn't actually spend £50m on him. We spent £42m, rising to £50m depending on whether he hits performance add-ons.

It's not like we spent the €100m+ supposedly top level mids like Rice, Caicedo and Ezo went for recently. Or even the €70m+ genuinely top level mids like Casemiro and Rodri cost before that.

We spent as about much or less than teams spent on other relatively B-list signings like Partey, Palhinha, Ruben Neves, Jorginho, Fred, Matheus Nunes, etc. Which is fair, as Ugarte is a similarly B-tier signing. A young mid who is very strong in some areas and limited in others.
Casemiro was a functioning cog in a brilliant team and was just asked to do simple things at Magreed.
The money men at Utd paid a fortune for a player that had won the lot in a brilliant team....they should have learnt how to read between the lines.

There js

I don't care anymore how we play..
We need to win games.. and defend , run
Our midfielders can't do that .. too old ..
Cant run ..
Put him in..
Is he worse than Rodgers, Jaden from Aston Villa
Let's see how he plays ..
And let's start winning..

…what tune is this sung to…?

Poor bloke can't catch a break.

With the entire defence out it seems Bielsa has gone full Loco and will play him as some sort of sweeper, between two fullbacks, with no CBs.

The upside is he will probably come to terms with ETH being some sort of Mourinho regen by comparison.

Just saw the lineup. Mental. They lost 1-0. How did he play?

He’s got to fight his way into the team. He isn’t starting because so far the manager isn’t seeing enough from him. It won’t be a simple we’ve bought him so he automatically gets into the team. He’s got to show he is ready more than every other player that wants a starting spot.

Just saw the lineup. Mental. They lost 1-0. How did he play?
It was a forgettable game across the board really.

In the absence of CBs, Peru predictably spent all game trying to cross looking for a header and eventually scored from one, with nobody picking one but two onrushing Peruvians. In fairness to Ugarte, he won a few of those headers, but in this case had rushed to try block the cross as nobody was on that guy either.

He made one completely unforced mistake, but other than that performed his duty better than I expected (aided by Peru being crap, mind).

Last guy you could blame for the outcome, seeing as most others were given regular assignments in their regular positions and created absolutely nothing all game.

This is an odd point, it's still quite a large fee and can't just be written off so easily

No one thought Fred was good value. Nunes always seemed like an odd signing too

The rest are decent pl players something ugarte has yet to prove he can live up to

Is he now injured as well?
Seems so. He asked to be subbed minutes from time (unlike him) with a thigh issue. Amad, Garnacho, and Kobbie all withdrew from international duty as well though, so you never know - maybe it's just all part of some master plan to get the players to be extra cautious in the break. Or it could be the usual.

The bad news is he got injured.

The good news is the moment he left the pitch Ecuador suddenly had all of the ball and kept us camped in our half for the rest of the game, completely counter to how it was earlier.

It's not a stat, duels, progressive passing or whatever, just the same game with/without a player.

We still can't score for toffee, four blanks in a row.

Ugarte looks more a flop than a flip. But it's still early days and the adjustment to the intensity of the prem often takes quite a bit of time.

Ugarte looks more a flop than a flip. But it's still early days and the adjustment to the intensity of the prem often takes quite a bit of time.

Yeah a poor start but he looks a good player for Uruguay so plenty of reason to think it might click in his next few games for us

Ugarte's passing game is typically a lot more accurate than Fred's was. The problem is that it's conservative, not that it's particularly erratic.

Beyond that, Fred was a 30 year old with one year left on his contract. So keeping him would have meant handing him a new contract covering a period where he (a player who relied a lot on his physicality) was likely to decline physically.
On the flip side, he was the only player who could match Bruno's fitness level. Never injured, never tired. I get that it's a "objective" argument supporting the decision to sell Fred, however let's not pretend it was the reason it hapenned. Clearly the manager didn't fancy him. Which is fair enough, but the fact we kind of replaced him with Mount for that pricetag is still one of the greatest mysteries of Manchester United.

Yeah a poor start but he looks a good player for Uruguay so plenty of reason to think it might click in his next few games for us

Another midfielder who started poorly for us but went on to become a legend is Michael Carrick. He even had less of an excuse than Ugarte in making the adjustment as he had already made a few trips around the prem with Spurs. Which points to a different problem that I think is unique to United -- the difficulty in adjusting to the incredible expectations and scrutiny the moment any player joins United. I can only type the words as I've never been a professional athlete, but the pressure on any player who comes to Old Trafford is immense and I really do believe is beyond anything a footballer joins Liverpool or Arsenal. We've seen a lot of decent footballers crack under the pressure once they came to OT.

On the flip side, he was the only player who could match Bruno's fitness level. Never injured, never tired. I get that it's a "objective" argument supporting the decision to sell Fred, however let's not pretend it was the reason it hapenned. Clearly the manager didn't fancy him. Which is fair enough, but the fact we kind of replaced him with Mount for that pricetag is still one of the greatest mysteries of Manchester United.

That's true, but a quick look at his injury record on transfermarkt suggests he's suffered more injuries since leaving.

Having only missed 7 games in his entire time with us through "injury" (two of which were actually the result of the Coronavirus), he has missed 20 games in slightly over a season with Fenerbache, through a combination of groin, tendon and ligament injuries.

The sort of decrease in durability that was always very possible in a 31 year old who has always been heavily reliant on physical output, and which should have (if not did) informed the decision to move him on when we did. He was never a player likely to age well at our level.

Another midfielder who started poorly for us but went on to become a legend is Michael Carrick. He even had less of an excuse than Ugarte in making the adjustment as he had already made a few trips around the prem with Spurs. Which points to a different problem that I think is unique to United -- the difficulty in adjusting to the incredible expectations and scrutiny the moment any player joins United. I can only type the words as I've never been a professional athlete, but the pressure on any player who comes to Old Trafford is immense and I really do believe is beyond anything a footballer joins Liverpool or Arsenal. We've seen a lot of decent footballers crack under the pressure once they came to OT.

Id suggest that Carrick was not poor at all, he just didnt stand out playing in a team of great players in his first season. He did some defensive work and played high percentage passes keeping the ball moving, but didnt create much unlike in coming years when he would pick out attacking players in good positions.

I liked Fred a lot, but let's first of all be very clear, even his biggest fans didn't know whether he was going to turn out a 2/10 performance or a 9/10, it was either or and very little in-between. You can't fault his effort and attitude, but he just wasn't reliable.

We don't actually know who's decision it was to sell Fred, and who's decision it was to buy Mount. Most stories suggest Mount was a Ten Hag pick, and in all honesty, when fit you can see why, but maybe it was the club who sold Fred, he was one of a very few players, we did or could sell, and receive a bit of money. We also sold/loaned Henderson, Elanga, Brandon Williams, Greenwood and a few others designated home grown players that summer, maybe buying Mount was also with an eye on keeping us well within the boundaries of home grown player requirements.

Not every decision is black and white, there is probably many layers and factors that go into all these decisions. And for the record, I would gladly have Fred over Mount, I personally didn't like the signing of Mount, but I allow some grace for the people who run the club day to day to make some decisions.

He has played slightly over 200 minutes. This is getting a bit too much :lol:

I was amongst the more vocal on here about not wanting this guy, but I kind of agree. I don’t think he’s great, and we overpaid a little for him, but he’ll have uses for us in the future and the shit he’s getting now is disproportionate.

People need to chill and give him at least a bit of a chance ffs.

Id suggest that Carrick was not poor at all, he just didnt stand out playing in a team of great players in his first season. He did some defensive work and played high percentage passes keeping the ball moving, but didnt create much unlike in coming years when he would pick out attacking players in good positions.
His link up play with De Gea was something to behold

I was amongst the more vocal on here about not wanting this guy, but I kind of agree. I don’t think he’s great, and we overpaid a little for him, but he’ll have uses for us in the future and the shit he’s getting now is disproportionate.

People need to chill and give him at least a bit of a chance ffs.
What happened to wanting to make a good impression in front of the fans ?
It's endemic that none of ETH's signings are exactly setting the Prem on fire, how long did it take Haaland to settle in at City, didn't he average a goal a game in his first season with them?