2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I don’t think he’s started the season well and when Yoro comes back with his superior physical attributes it’s going to be very interesting. Martinez is a fan favourite but De Ligt has looked our best defender

There was a passage of play in the first few mins where he stopped with the ball and passed it back and sideways 6 times with De Ligt. His walking with the ball and then just stopping to pass sideways or back was getting really on my tits. The two footed stamp just topped off a truly woeful performance from him.

Just pass the ball to the next guy. Seeing him stand with the ball doing nothing numerous times made me so annoyed. Some of the aspects of ten Hag's ball seems to be just taking the piss out of supporters.

That challenge he made was just shocking.

He needs to never do that again.

Just pass the ball to the next guy. Seeing him stand with the ball doing nothing numerous times made me so annoyed. Some of the aspects of ten Hag's ball seems to be just taking the piss out of supporters.
This one isn't on Ten Hag. De Ligt wasn't dwindling on the ball like Martinez.

He doesnt hit his opponent, but why would you make this weird 2 foot stamping challenge?

Nah, his passing's just never been as good as advertised/hyped.

Even in his best season here he just about cracked the top 50% of centre-backs in the Premier League for progressive passes. This season he's sitting in the bottom 20% through our first five games.

He just doesn't bring nearly enough to justify voluntarily playing a slow, short defender who doesn't recognise his own limitations.
Yep his so called quality on the ball really doesn't elevate us at all.

Lost his head after the yellow and jumped aggressively into midfield which opened up space for Eze's chance. Was generally solid before that and dealt well with Sarr. He needs to be more expansive with his passing, he's taking much less risk with his passing than before. We know he can hit those balls into feet while breaking the lines in midfield, but i think that we're trying to keep the ball alot more so he's being very reserved. Okay performance from him today.

He's very lucky that he stayed on. That was one of the worst 'tackling' attempts that I've ever seen. Surprised that the Palace player didn't react to it.

He's the butcher alright but that was just straight up idiotic. Don't want to see that again.

Only thing I can possibly think was going through his mind was just trying to get a block in. But even that is a stretch because surely you can get closer to the player than doing what he did. Just really weird. I don’t think he was trying to do him or anything but really not sure what he had in mind. It was stupid and he was lucky that he didn’t make any sort of contact.

Other than that he was pretty good. Couple of moments where he was out of position but he and DeLigt really started to push up and close the gap between midfield and themselves. Something that has been an issue.

Even if there was nothing on, he was still walking with the ball and showing zero urgency.

He should be bollocking people in front of him if there was nothing on
I paused and looked at the pitch. The LB was always on and passes through the middle as well. Also, Martinez didn’ t even move with the ball to try and create space. It was just weird and disgraceful - something I don’t remember seeing often

You’re all wrong. Manchester evening news knows better:
“Slick on the ball as he looked to spark attacking sequences”.

Infuriating holding on to the ball and literally wasting time. I'd drop him, mainoo and Fernandes

Are people still blaming him for 0-0 . Yes a silly tackle but if we are looking to dissect every small details then every player will look average. He was decent.

Are people still blaming him for 0-0 . Yes a silly tackle but if we are looking to dissect every small details then every player will look average. He was decent.

I don't think one person has blamed him for it being 0-0?? More just annoyed at his total lack of urgency.

His passing has been quite poor this season and he's given it away very easily at times. I felt like he was trying to play safely in this match, which isn't a bad idea when you are still trying to get your eye in (it's something I wish Bruno would do more often). He just overdid it towards the end there.

I don't think one person has blamed him for it being 0-0?? More just annoyed at his total lack of urgency.
That comes from overall team play as well. I thought in the last 20 mins we looked lost. No player making any run. It's not like players were making themselves available and he was not passing. He passed to dalot who back passed to him, he passed to Bruno who passed back to him. He passed to rashford who ended up losing possession. We just looked lost in the final 20 mins, can't blame Martinez for that

You’re all wrong. Manchester evening news knows better:
“Slick on the ball as he looked to spark attacking sequences”.
Also quite happy to take the point at the end holding on to possession and doing a good job of wasting time

Anyone stop to think he was hoping a Palace player would break their structure to press him so something could open up?

It was a bit infuriating how little urgency was on show, but it wasn’t just him. Perhaps we decided to settle for an away point unless an obvious chance presented itself.

I'm starting to think he's an attention seeker. Had a quiet game with not much to do so had to put himself in the spotlight by spending ages on the ball doing nothing and making outrageous tackles.

Anyone stop to think he was hoping a Palace player would break their structure to press him so something could open up?

It was a bit infuriating how little urgency was on show, but it wasn’t just him. Perhaps we decided to settle for an away point unless an obvious chance presented itself.
At that point in the game he needed to force the issue. If there's no space for the short pass then send it long for Rashford to chase or something. Standing on the ball does nothing when Palace would be happier with the draw. Why would they break their structure to press when you're doing all the time wasting for them already??

Moronic piece of play. He could have easily been sent off and cost us the game.

Rojo regen this season

At that point in the game he needed to force the issue. If there's no space for the short pass then send it long for Rashford to chase or something. Standing on the ball does nothing when Palace would be happier with the draw. Why would they break their structure to press when you're doing all the time wasting for them already??
And then we’d be complaining about hoofing the ball. Fact is, our whole attack broke down when Zikzee left the field and passing options were close to zero out side of going to Dalot or De Logt who would’ve been faced with the same issue.

Thought he was very poor. That dwelling on the ball was worse than Maguire and Lindelof. Really did my tits in. Extremely lucky not to get sent off or injure himself or the other player with that jumping 2 footer. Sooner Yoro is fit the better

A large part of last season was spent with people saying to judge us only when Martinez was back. In fairness the last couple of performances have been better but he's not looked good at all this season, the challenge he made was ridiculous (peak Marcos Rojo bullshit) and he should have been sent off for it and then the last 20 minutes were largely spent with him taking way more touches than even Maguire would to progress the ball as if he and the team were happy to take a 0-0.

Genuinely believe he will be phased out next season. He isn't the defender some fans like to believe he is.

He was excellent but one poor challenge and the knives come out. Yes it was fortunate not to be a red but he didn’t touch the man so a yellow is fair. Still a silly challenge though it has to be said! Outside of that he was brilliant. As for those criticising him in the ball. That was our most dominant and controlling performance under ten hag and he was a huge contributer to that. You can’t always play forward particularly if there isn’t that much forward movement.

He was excellent but one poor challenge and the knives come out. Yes it was fortunate not to be a red but he didn’t touch the man so a yellow is fair. Still a silly challenge though it has to be said! Outside of that he was brilliant. As for those criticising him in the ball. That was our most dominant and controlling performance under ten hag and he was a huge contributer to that. You can’t always play forward particularly if there isn’t that much forward movement.
Well put but fans want to just bash a player and compare him to rojo.

It was fecking dumb though, it was at point where he could have completely turned the game against us (63 mins). That sort of shit is criminal and needs to not be a fecking idiot when we're trying to win a game.