2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Well put but fans want to just bash a player and compare him to rojo.
This place is just toxic and too many posters are letting last season (and before) seep into their frustrations and blind them to what was a much much better performance.

It was fecking dumb though, it was at point where he could have completely turned the game against us (63 mins). That sort of shit is criminal and needs to not be a fecking idiot when we're trying to win a game.
I agree it was incredibly stupid and in isolation deserves criticism, however that doesn’t mean we have to pile on and slander the entire performance and the player. Also I think when you have a player like this, who plays on the edge you do have to be prepared for the odd mad moment. We certainly have had plenty of top players who were like that!

I agree it was incredibly stupid and in isolation deserves criticism, however that doesn’t mean we have to pile on and slander the entire performance and the player. Also I think when you have a player like this, who plays on the edge you do have to be prepared for the odd mad moment. We certainly have had plenty of top players who were like that!
True, it shouldn't muddy the waters of the other parts of his game, which were fine. Well hopefully that's one we get away with.

True, it shouldn't muddy the waters of the other parts of his game, which were fine. Well hopefully that's one we get away with.
For what it’s worth as stupid as it was, it’s never a red. He doesn’t actually get anywhere near the man!

For what it’s worth as stupid as it was, it’s never a red. He doesn’t actually get anywhere near the man!
I’m all for punishing the intent rather than outcome. His intent was to hurt the player, very badly. Just happened to miss. Should have been off and a 3-game ban for straight red.

This place is just toxic and too many posters are letting last season (and before) seep into their frustrations and blind them to what was a much much better performance.
De ligt's thread in the international break was so weird. I get the frustration and constructive criticism is fine but to say he has to be phased out , he is the next rojo, maguire should start ahead of him. Doesn't even make any sense.

I’m all for punishing the intent rather than outcome. His intent was to hurt the player, very badly. Just happened to miss. Should have been off and a 3-game ban for straight red.
Nah I don’t think his intent was to injure the man, he’s just had a rush of blood and dived into a silly challenge. But he’s also actually nowhere near the man so it’s silly but in no way a red card.

De ligt's thread in the international break was so weird. I get the frustration and constructive criticism is fine but to say he has to be phased out , he is the next rojo, maguire should start ahead of him. Doesn't even make any sense.
It’s very strange, it’s like people just want our players to be shite. Even if they aren’t shite, they just can’t handle the fact we are no longer the top dogs. I get just as frustrated we aren’t steamrolling everyone but some composure on here would be nice!

Yeah, but all Kamada (think that's who it was) would have to do is stick a foot out and he's gone. Any contact whatsoever with the player and he's out for 3 games and severely disadvantaging your team mates for the next 30 mins. It was severely reckless and unnecessary in the scenario too, considering he got to the ball way before the defender. Just stupidly high risk with such little upside.

Nah I don’t think his intent was to injure the man, he’s just had a rush of blood and dived into a silly challenge. But he’s also actually nowhere near the man so it’s silly but in no way a red card.
I can’t possibly see any other intent when you’re lunging with both legs like that, with force. Kamada moves slightly and it’s probably season over for him.

We would be livid if any opposition player did that.

I can’t possibly see any other intent when you’re lunging with both legs like that, with force. Kamada moves slightly and it’s probably season over for him.

Agreed.

Was quite good apart for the weird 2 footed jump tackle, could easily have seen red for it.

Yeah, but all Kamada (think that's who it was) would have to do is stick a foot out and he's gone. Any contact whatsoever with the player and he's out for 3 games and severely disadvantaging your team mates for the next 30 mins. It was severely reckless and unnecessary in the scenario too, considering he got to the ball way before the defender. Just stupidly high risk with such little upside.
Yeh I think we all agree it’s stupid, I just disagree with the massive overactions in here after a frustrating result in which we played well and Martinez was a good performer.

As I say it’s a stupid challenge but that’s really all it is. For me at least it doesn’t completely derail a good showing and certainly isn’t cause to ask for him to be replaced which is just stupid.

I mean, it was obviously a red by any interpretation of the word "reckless" and I think he's a very lucky boy to get away with it. He was excellent the rest of the game. Really like the partnership with De Ligt.

Not only did he do a silly jump. He also hound the ball for too long and showed no urgency when we had the ball in our possession 80 mins onwards.

Again today Palace's two biggest chances came from him overcommitting on the halfway line, losing the challenge and blowing our defence wide open in the process.

He's not even good on the ball at this point. He slows our play down to walking pace, dawdles, waits, pauses, delays before finally delivering a 5 yard pass to De Ligt or Dalot.

Lucky not to be sent off too.

He's one of the least criticised players in the team, yet across his whole United career I genuinely believe he's had more bad performances than good.
This is the biggest issue for me, he overcommits, misses the challenge, then has no pace to get back to help again. Like Casemiro at times. Just kills us.
Him walking with the ball and passing it back and forth in the back 4 must be instructed by our genius manager. You could see all our defenders doing it to some extent. Huuuuge patience in our possession play. I guess it kinda works when we play teams far worse than Palace where we actually manage to score some goals.

I do think he needs to be benched for the next game atleast. Tackles like that should have repercussions even if he was effectively let off by the referee.

What if it was someone on the opposing side doing it to our player ? We would be livid.

Punish him for that internally and hopefully, we don't see any other moments like that again.

Clown and a big idiot, needs his IQ tested. I have had enough of his nonsense brain death moment. He has no reason to make that stupid tackle

Serious question - yes it was the most stupid, dangerous brain dead, two footed challenge. But....he never touched the Palace player. So how is that a foul? What's the rules? You can do that if there is not a player within 2 feet, 1 foot? How close to a player to do something dangerous but not actually connect. Like if you shadow box. Do you get sent off for dangerous play? Or is it just a collective- yeah that was dangerous and stupid he deserves a yellow.

It was a stupid and unnecessary challenge, but some of you need to calm down. Talking about internal punishment and taking him out of the team ffs :lol:

After that tackle I hope no one has the audacity to moan about refs being against us. That should've been an obvious red

Agree. After the last season+ I feel really positive about the performance, back 4 solid, options in MF, just need to put the chances away

Again today Palace's two biggest chances came from him overcommitting on the halfway line, losing the challenge and blowing our defence wide open in the process.

He's not even good on the ball at this point. He slows our play down to walking pace, dawdles, waits, pauses, delays before finally delivering a 5 yard pass to De Ligt or Dalot.

Lucky not to be sent off too.

He's one of the least criticised players in the team, yet across his whole United career I genuinely believe he's had more bad performances than good.

Yeah, he was poor a couple of times, but normally when he steps up he gets it right.

Definitely lucky to stay on the pitch, could have no arguments if that was given as a red.

On the ball, he should show more urgency, but
he had no options in midfield to play through the lines, Palace just dropped off and blocked those off, it's up to the players in front to make a move to open gaps. That didn't happen, so his options are to go square or try and ping a long pass and hope for the best.

The challenge was stupid and potentially a red. Other than that he had a good match. Him and De Ligt has greatly improved out ability to play from the back. Front foot passing that are hit hard on the deck is so refreshing compared to the passing from the past.

This is the biggest issue for me, he overcommits, misses the challenge, then has no pace to get back to help again. Like Casemiro at times. Just kills us.
Him walking with the ball and passing it back and forth in the back 4 must be instructed by our genius manager. You could see all our defenders doing it to some extent. Huuuuge patience in our possession play. I guess it kinda works when we play teams far worse than Palace where we actually manage to score some goals.

But isn’t that the point of the high line? It’s risky but when it pays off it keeps us on the front foot. He and De Ligt did that really well in large parts of the match.

And on the ball those two and Onana they help make us essentially press proof. Palace realized that we were passing around them if they committed and decided to just sit back and wait for us to make mistakes, which we did again and again with little movement up front and silly passes trying to get Hojlund in behind.

I think the 2 footed tackle (which was stupid) has heavily impacted peoples view of his performance. He was aggressive and pushed up the pitch to keep the ball further forward, I thought we were defensively good and he played a part in that.