Leny Yoro image 15

Leny Yoro France flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

The remarks in this thread on why he was playing are incredible :lol:

Do people expect us to wrap him up in cotton wool till the season?!

Any idea when we will hear something? I assume ten Hag has a press conference ahead of Wednesday night.

This is why I was sceptical of signing him. I predicted he would become injury prone :(

I'd rather have kept Varane than sign Yoro for 70m. We didn't even get a fee for Varane...

I cannot believe he got injured already, what a fecking joke. A nice bit of foreshadowing for the season ahead probably, what's the fecking point.

He's 18 and had just signed for his new club. Why on earth did we play him in 2 matches at a row?

Surely now it has to be said, Someone has us on a Vodoo curse, how else do you explain him getting injured two games after signing for us.

Finally a Phil Jones replacement

Redcafe is now on a level of facebook groups from couple years ago, such a cesspit

Mine was just a throwaway joke and white text is too much effort

Redcafe is now on a level of facebook groups from couple years ago, such a cesspit

Yeah it’s shocking, if he didn’t play pre season and got injured first game it would be “That’s because he didn’t have a pre season”.

Hopefully it’s a minor knock and he will be back to start the season.

2 games after buying him? I don’t recall Bruno Fernandes ever being injured.

You don't remember this? It only happened a few months ago:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...hester-united-injury-bruno-fernandes-26772161

Shit happens, players get injured, it sucks and hopefully it isn't serious. It sounds like the pitch was awful, but Yoro needs to get time playing with the team. I doubt he would be starting many games next year except in the event of other injuries, but he still needs time to get into the system and on the same page as his teammates, and also get to a level of fitness.

It's just unfortunate his injury came two games into pre-season.

He had a week gap since his last 45-minute outing. Collyer, Amass, Fish, Oyedele, Wheatley and many others have done the same...

Collyer, Fish, Oyedele, Wheatley and co are used to play to our tempo. Yoro has not

The remarks in this thread on why he was playing are incredible :lol:

Do people expect us to wrap him up in cotton wool till the season?!

Caf posters are terrified of their own shadow. If it was up to most, they have him on loan in the Championship into he's 24 and then eased into first team football by coming off the bench for no more than 10 mins for the first half season.

Any idea when we will hear something? I assume ten Hag has a press conference ahead of Wednesday night.
Ten Hag on injuries to Hojlund and Yoro: ‘It’s too soon. We will have to wait 24 hours and we will hopefully know more. We were very careful especially with Leny. He only did 50% of the sessions and it’s very disappointing he had to come off. But let’s be positive and see.’

It’s a pretty textbook response. I remember previous injuries where he said we must wait 24 hours and see.

Probably a trauma response after last season.
It's probably built up trauma from the last 10 years, fans have lost all ability to be rational. It's not going to change until we are successful it seems.

It's getting to the point that it's hard to keep reading such drivel, mind

I'm surprised at the level of comments from full members. Comparing Yoro to Jones being a good example.

This the same Arsenal we beat in pre-season before, then they went on to challenge 115?

Pre-season is meaningless. I'm more concerned as to why two pro football clubs in the most watched league in the world would allow their prized assets to play on that kind of pitch. It's reckless.

Career ending injury?

Yes, you could tell by his facial expression that his foot had, more than likely, exploded. Not enough people pointing it out... but obviously this is mismanagement on Ten Hag's part.

not with United.
You think his injury had to do with a particular Utd playstyle in this match?

There are rumours he had a bit of a knock before the game, and if so then questions definitely should be asked. If he didn't, there's obviously nothing wrong with him getting 45 minutes of football a week after getting 45 minutes. It's exactly what he should be getting.

Yes, you could tell by his facial expression that his foot had, more than likely, exploded. Not enough people pointing it out... but obviously this is mismanagement on Ten Hag's part.

Ten Hag is an utter disgrace for buying a player and playing him. Not an over exaggeration to say he'll be lucky to walk again after that.

Ten Hag is an utter disgrace for buying a player and playing him. Not an over exaggeration to say he'll be lucky to walk again after that.

Exactly. They'll probably have to attach a wheel to that foot, he'll be like one of those sad dogs that look like they're riding a chariot.

My mate caught his boot in row Z.

Those who attended the training sessions the day prior had noticed he was limping and didn’t complete the training session.

I think this was a medical department call that he was okay. Again, bad call.

You can tell he was not playing at his usual self in the first 20mins or so.

He could of died!

Completely irresponsible of EtH asking him to play 45 minutes. This club is an embarrassment on every level!