Leny Yoro image 15

Leny Yoro France flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

He's widely acknowledged to be a generational talent. Hope he can show it here.

However.

Except for that 18 year old bit, it's exactly the things that were said about Onana in his pre-season. Like word for word!
And Onana did fine after a rocky start.

To think just 10 days ago we were lamenting that United never do these deals and we had no hope of getting him...

... and then he called out a faker online who claimed he didn't want to go to United.

And then we all lost it.
please share this part

"... and then he called out a faker online who claimed he didn't want to go to United."

He's widely acknowledged to be a generational talent. Hope he can show it here.

However.

Except for that 18 year old bit, it's exactly the things that were said about Onana in his pre-season. Like word for word!
Well Onana is a good player so that makes sense to some degree.

Some of his passing from the back was spot on. He's calm and he's quick and dare I say it there are similar qualities that Rio had.. but I think he's quicker than Rio... let's hope he's a baller..

Some of his passing from the back was spot on. He's calm and he's quick and dare I say it there are similar qualities that Rio had.. but I think he's quicker than Rio... let's hope he's a baller..

He’s not quicker than Rio. He was rapid, as fast as any centre half.

That feeling that we signed a great one. Really hope Licha can stay fit. Seeing them two bossing our defense will be worth watching the games on its own. Really looking forward

452646245_1067988081354387_7820606068567784292_n.jpg

Leny looked very sharp in his debut appearance. It's hard to believe he's only 18 years old and already looks like a defender who can cope with anyone.

Looks like he's injured, rumors are he didn't train.

Looking forward to watching him again. Against premier league opposition.

:lol:

I know this is hyperbolic but things like this - Hojlund and Yoro both being injured within 30 mins - genuinely ruin my excitement for a new season.

I hope it's just disappointment and nothing else, but his body language and expression while coming off looked worrying

I was watching that video up there earlier and it was saying how Yoro's only ever missed one game through injury. If we have broken him in his second friendly that really would be something.

He looked winded while coming off… Maybe just ill and no other injury.. Hopefully it’s nothing serious

He looked winded while coming off… Maybe just ill and no other injury.. Hopefully it’s nothing serious
Yeah he looked like he was about to barf. I wonder if he just got winded and then dehydrated all of a sudden, it could make you feel like shit all of a sudden. It seemed like the staff weren't sure what had happened either.

Clearly something we do to turn non-injury prone players into injury prone players...

Typical United, genuinely two of the only players I'm excited to see and they're potentially out long term. Must've been a pact made, you get the most brilliant years under Ferguson and then have to witness years and years of utter bleakness.

Yeah he looked like he was about to barf. I wonder if he just got winded and then dehydrated all of a sudden, it could make you feel like shit all of a sudden. It seemed like the staff weren't sure what had happened either.

He was limping and struggling to put any weight on his left foot. So unfortunately it’s probably something more than dehydration.

I'll be honest, when I first saw we signed him and then the interviews and stuff, my immediate concern was, does he look like a player who's going to handle the physical nature of the PL. Given his first appearance against a PL teams albeit in a friendly ends up with him limping off, it's hardly filling me with confidence. Just hope it's a knock and nothing else, last thing we need is Phil Jones MK2. Another young centre back that was seen as a future great and we all know how he never recovered from injuries.

I'll be honest, when I first saw we signed him and then the interviews and stuff, my immediate concern was, does he look like a player who's going to handle the physical nature of the PL. Given his first appearance against a PL teams albeit in a friendly ends up with him limping off, it's hardly filling me with confidence. Just hope it's a knock and nothing else, last thing we need is Phil Jones MK2. Another young centre back that was seen as a future great and we all know how he never recovered from injuries.
Ridiculous reaction to a preseason injury. We don’t even know what’s wrong with him yet. The pitch is fecking terrible, which is the culprit, if there is one. Calm down with writing off his career already :lol:

So that's that then. We need to sign at least two more CB's or we're doomed going into the season.

Ridiculous reaction to a preseason injury. We don’t even know what’s wrong with him yet. The pitch is fecking terrible, which is the culprit, if there is one. Calm down with writing off his career already :lol:

Look how innocuous the injury was to Mainoo in the pre season game against Madrid last year. It ended up with him being out for about 4 months. At least Mainoo was coming through the academy so it was just a little setback. For a new signing though to potentially get a bad injury in a pre season friendly it could massively affect his settling in, he's a young kid and all this is new to him. And no, I'm not writing off his career, I'm just saying the last time we signed a generational young centre back was Jones, I just don't want to history to repeat itself!