Leny Yoro image 15

Leny Yoro France flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

That's my shirt decision decided. Was torn between Mainoo and Yoro - but given this will be Yoro's debut season the shirt might be worth a few million in a decade or so.

Great debut.

Calm and comfortable on the ball, passes with a great touch like a midfielder. Just gives you confidence in possession. Also impressed with his ball carrying, when he ran for about 30-40 meters in just a few strides, gliding on the pitch.

Surprise surprise, what money and good football people can buy

Very respectable first half from Yoro. I was impressed by his passing, it was progressive but also pretty accurate for some mid to long range ones.

That pinged ball out to Murray early on has got to put a smile on Shaw and Rashford's faces

A fairly straightfroward run out for Yoro. Looked good in possession and quick in the recovery. Both things that will be vital for us if we want to build from the back and squeeze up the pitch.

Talent at the level we need. Up there with Kobbie and Amad. Great work by the new guys.

Composed in possession, always looking to be positive and is very quick. Definitely a big talent for an 18 year old.

“I don’t really know to be honest… there’s nothing much apart from the tackle”

Does he want Yoro to start making mistakes or let runners in just so he can make tackles ? One bad habit English pundits /commentators have they only notice good defending when it’s a last ditch tackle. Not realising it’s always bad defending, or being beaten at something that leads to that tackle being required.

He looked so comfortable out there. He will start majority of the games this season if fit. Clearly a class player.

Amass, Amad, Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund, Toby, Leny. What a future we have

I'll be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the youtube videos from before we signed him. Looked like he was a good couple of years away from being ready for the PL. Today eased those worries a bit and maybe he's closer to being ready than what I first though.

Early days either way of course.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be good tests of his game intelligence. It will also be interesting to see how our defence looks with on-ball technicians in all 4 slots in defence.

Arsenal and Liverpool will be good tests of his game intelligence. It will also be interesting to see how our defence looks with on-ball technicians in all 4 slots in defence.
Ah. But are Shaw, Dalot and Martinez going on the tour?

A back 4 of Dalot. Leny, Martinez, Shaw
is as good as you can get

One bad mistake but he looks extremely composed and classy on the ball. Our playing out from the back will be much better this season.

One bad mistake but he looks extremely composed and classy on the ball. Our playing out from the back will be much better this season.
You could say it was Evan’s mistake to be fair, it was the right ball, just miscommunication between two new teammates

A good and assured debut. Of course have to remember he essentially played against a Championship-level side in pre-season. But I like what I saw.

He made up for the mistake by getting back and getting his block in. I don’t think the pass was as bad as others switching off made it look either.

Really solid debut. He really doesn't look/act/speak like an 18 year old!

Seems reserved, but confident in himself. Hope he keeps it up and only get's better.