Leny Yoro image 15

Leny Yoro France flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

To think just 10 days ago we were lamenting that United never do these deals and we had no hope of getting him...

... and then he called out a faker online who claimed he didn't want to go to United.

And then we all lost it.

Looks good, the only blemish was giving the ball away but that's also on Evans.
I'd say both Evans and Collyer. Yoro made the pass in an area between them and both of them stopped thinking the other player would get there.

Like his passing. No unnecessary touches, good judgement re weight of pass and capable with both feet.

Most impressive thing for me was how vocal he appeared to be - instructing others at times - especially for an 18 year old in a new team.

He will no doubt make mistakes, and football Twitter will go into overdrive.

Hopefully he has that right mentality to handle the pressure, as it will be needed to survive here.

Really really like the look of him

Reactions: jojojo
Looks ridiculously composed for his age. Really encouraging.

Most impressive thing for me was how vocal he appeared to be - instructing others at times - especially for an 18 year old in a new team.

Yeah I noticed that, having never seen him play, it was great to see him giving out orders/encouragement.

Great debut. Him and Martinez will form a great partnership.

To think just 10 days ago we were lamenting that United never do these deals and we had no hope of getting him...

... and then he called out a faker online who claimed he didn't want to go to United.

And then we all lost it.
That was the moment. There was only ever one outcome after. :lol:

Confident, calm and composed, very intelligent positioning, good passer and apparently has a great cross pass. Rashford must be drooling.

I‘m looking forward to see what he does next against tough opposition. I have a feeling he‘ll surmount those challenges too.

There is a bit of Varane there, but even better in my opinion.

I’m really not trying to get carried away…. BUT he was so damn composed and vocal. Playing it simple and then making some last ditch tackling when he wasn’t favourite to win the ball. He’s going in my fantasy team!

Looked very good. It's a shame we did/could not retain Varane and have his compatriot mentor him. If we get another class centre back, and all of a sudden have three good centre backs it will be such a retro experience.

He seems to be very comfortable on the ball. Much more so than Varane.

Cracking prospect! Delighted to have signed him

He was pretty much as advertised which says a lot.

He had a run that excited me a lot. He burst through their press and midfield because they were all man marking. I am not sure if he got a bit nervous but he slowed down and rolled it to Amad I think.

Those runs from Centre Backs are rare but if you have one with the pace and the ability it can change the entire outlook of a game where the opposition are marking man for man in midfield and at the back then suddenly they get caught out by an additional player driving at them.

Just a promising sign for something that could be quite effective and is not done so much.

John Stones is actually very good at that and it's terrifying when it suddenly happens against you.

Bad opposition and didn't really get tested much but a pretty impressive game from an 18 year old. Wow.

Tracked runs off the ball, passed really well between the lines, show some athleticism and looked assured.

Feels a bit surreal how quick the transfer was, his first training session and now his first game for us.

He was pretty much as advertised which says a lot.

He had a run that excited me a lot. He burst through their press and midfield because they were all man marking. I am not sure if he got a bit nervous but he slowed down and rolled it to Amad I think.

Those runs from Centre Backs are rare but if you have one with the pace and the ability it can change the entire outlook of a game where the opposition are marking man for man in midfield and at the back then suddenly they get caught out by an additional player driving at them.

Just a promising sign for something that could be quite effective and is not done so much.

John Stones is actually very good at that and it's terrifying when it suddenly happens against you.
Lindeloff is actually quite good at it, too.

Great to have possibly two centre halves that take one touch and fire a pass into midfield with no fear. Unlike harry who turns left and right and rolls the ball with the boot 4 and 5 times..hopefully we can play with more tempo with yoro and martinez, yoro looks quality. Hadn't not seen him play til today. Wasn't really pushed about the signing even though redcafe was hyping him up..but well impressed.

Definitely a Baby Rolls Royce.

Definitely a Baby Rolls Royce.

Yeah, looked like he might get bullied a few times this season as he's still a kid, but the passing, composure, recovery speed and his sense of what the striker wanted to do on the ball were all really impressive.

He will no doubt make mistakes, and football Twitter will go into overdrive.

Hopefully he has that right mentality to handle the pressure, as it will be needed to survive here.

He's widely acknowledged to be a generational talent. Hope he can show it here.

However.

Except for that 18 year old bit, it's exactly the things that were said about Onana in his pre-season. Like word for word!

Yoro x Martinez is going to be awesome. He was much better on the ball than I anticipated. His dribbling, stepping out, passing in between the lines, long passing, wow.

That misplaced pass was more on Evans than him. Could have been a bit sharper for that Dessers opportunity, other than that a perfect performance.

how is this guy 18 years old? He plays and talks like a seasoned pro. I noticed the youngers players we have interviewed well and gives the impression of maturity of seasoned pro. Really looking forward to this season!

Good debut, looks very assured on the ball, and seems fairly quick for a big guy.
Let's see how he does against the hustle, bustle and technically better players in the EPL, then we will really know what we've got, but first signs are promising.

Didn't watch the match but in the highlights he looked very good. I really hope we can keep a consistent backline of Dalot, Yoro, Martinez and Shaw this season. If that defence stays fit we have a bit improvement on last season.

Especially if we are able to improve our midfield and find Mainoo a good partner who can help protect that back 4.

The real test for him will be when he’s up against big, strong, physical strikers and isn’t getting the protection he’s used to from referees. So far so (very) good though. Based on what I saw yesterday he’s a bit of a Rolls Royce. You can see why there are Rio comparisons.

Didn't watch the match but in the highlights he looked very good. I really hope we can keep a consistent backline of Dalot, Yoro, Martinez and Shaw this season. If that defence stays fit we have a bit improvement on last season.

Especially if we are able to improve our midfield and find Mainoo a good partner who can help protect that back 4.
That back 4 could be solid but we really should get another CB and LB.