Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

Latest thing seems to be a push by supporters on social media to get Galloway reinstated.

Galloway certainly can talk a good talk.But as never been the same for me after watching him on celebrity big brother.

Galloway was actually kind enough to help me with my uni project a few years ago. Still I don't think it's moving the party towards looking more electable if he's brought back.

"Look at who Tweeted it..."

"Look at the source...."

Aside, the man is awfully unlucky. Poor guy.

This story about Corbyn laying a wreath at the graves of three Black September members must be a resigning matter, if true.

Whose memory was Corbyn honouring in October 2014?

Read what Nick posted.

from the link

So where was Corbyn standing when he was pictured holding the wreath? The Mail says he is standing by a plaque that honours three dead men: Salah Khalaf, who founded Black September; Fakhri al-Omari, a key aide of Khalaf’s, and Hayel Abdel-Hamid, PLO chief of security.

The problem I had, not wanting to take anything on trust, is that the photos on their own don’t fully make that clear.
Yeah so at the moment is just the daily mail being well the daily mail(As my last post shows).

That's some incredibly selective reading.
It's impossible to tell where he is standing from the pictures. And again the source we are talking about just today tired said Corbyn was a anti semite because someone else said something stupid in 2014.

Last edited:
It's impossible to tell where he is standing from the pictures. And again the source we are talking about just today tired said Corbyn was a anti semite because someone else said something stupid in 2014.

I don't think that the article puts the case beyond doubt, but I think it does (once again) raise questions about Corbyn's judgment which aren't satisfactorily answered by his twitter defence team and (if anything) contradict his old explanation which seems to very strongly suggest there is a case to answer.

If nothing else it's once again an example of Corbyn doing something which is only explainable using the excuse 'he was too stupid to realise how his actions would come across'.

I don't think that the article puts the case beyond doubt, but I think it does (once again) raise questions about Corbyn's judgment which aren't satisfactorily answered by his twitter defence team and (if anything) contradict his old explanation which seems to very strongly suggest there is a case to answer.

If nothing else it's once again an example of Corbyn doing something which is only explainable using the excuse 'he was too stupid to realise how his actions would come across'.
What in 2014 ? Before he was even at 400-1 to win the labour leadership, Corbyn should of been thinking the daily mail will question where he's standing at a cemetery.

All we've got at the moment is Britain most far right paper making at best weak claims against a left wing politician and yet people are annoyed at politician for letting this happen. :wenger:

from the link

Yeah so at the moment is just the daily mail being well the daily mail(As my last post shows).

Hold on. The author says the daily mails photos don’t make it clear enough for her. So she then does some work to establish what the photos show. And her conclusion is very clear - Corbyn laid wreaths at the graves of three black September terrorists.

What in 2014 ? Before he was even at 400-1 to win the labour leadership, Corbyn should of been thinking the daily mail will question where he's standing at a cemetery.

All we've got at the moment is Britain most far right paper making at best weak claims against a left wing politician and yet people are annoyed at politician for letting this happen. :wenger:

His political status at the time is irrelevant. Nobody should be paying respect to three black September assassins. If he was, he must go.

It is not impossible to tell that. The author at the link does a good job of showing where he must have been standing and therefore he will have know what he was doing.

This is a man who was quite happy to pay respects to the IRA so I don’t know why you think he wouldn’t have been just as happy to pay his respects to Black September. The man has form. Based on his past associations it is perfectly likely he knew exactly where he was and what he was doing.

But there's no evidence to suggest he was.
The phrase “no evidence”is disingenuous. There is photographic evidence which places him at or near the grave and from which a case can be deduced, and there’s ambiguity in his own account of what he was doing at the time. As the link makes clear.

Last edited:

No, as in in the incident we were talking about.

It is not impossible to tell that. The author at the link does a good job of showing where he must have been standing and therefore he will have know what he was doing.

This is a man who was quite happy to pay respects to the IRA so I don’t know why you think he wouldn’t have been just as happy to pay his respects to Black September. The man has form. Based on his past associations it is perfectly likely he knew exactly where he was and what he was doing.
:lol:

You don't want to hear my views on the IRA(They are a great bunch of lads.). Also I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore.

If the story is true, what do you think should happen? Because I’d like to get a sense of your moral compass around this kind of thing.

If the story is true, what do you think should happen? Because I’d like to get a sense of your moral compass around this kind of thing.

Ah well you just answered it for me. Feel free to ignore me, I won’t be ignoring you.

from the link

No, I'm afraid not. Your quote is the jumping off point for the article Nickm linked, not its conclusion. If you read that article further it does seem to support the Mail story. I don't want it to be so but to me it's very clear that Corbyn is standing, holding a wreath and paying respects exactly where those particular graves are (1 below). Further photos and translations from Nickm's link corroborate's the Mail assertion that the plaque (2 below) is dedicated to people linked to Black September.

Here's a master picture:

HBAVa1a.jpg
1. The pole to Corbyn's right
2. The Plaque before the graves
3. The monument to the 47 dead.
4. (see below) - A pole off camera to the right.

Here are the same objects in Corbyn pictures:

Hn7Zon1.jpg

4NGVy3Y.jpg

8KlIX5K.jpg

And some close-ups of the monument and the plaque:

OrDd3hH.jpg

RjOIHli.jpg

The translation of the bottom plaque apparently reads: "The three martyrs who were killed on january 14th, 1991" - admittedly the 14 looks a little odd, but is probably just worn away. Various sources indicate that 3 blokes linked to Black September were indeed killed on the 14th January 1991 (some sources say it was the 15th).

Nickm's link sources this page which names those to whom the plaque is dedicated as Abou Iyad, Abul Houl and Omar. Abou Iyad was accused by Israel and the US as having founded Black September, Omar was his aid and also claimed to be a founding member. Stuff on Abul Houl is scarce, but various sources list him as the PLO security chief at the time of his death. These are the three dudes who were killed on 14th (or 15th) January 1991.

I think we're analysing whether Jeremy Corbyn laid a wreath at the grave of terrorists in the Jeremy Corbyn thread.

Corbyn's past associations were always going to come back and haunt him the moment he was made leader. He spent his entire career with zero ambition beyond being a backbencher and his friendships, associations and causes reflect that. At the time nor at any point aside from the moment the first poll was released when he stood for the leadership in 2015 did anyone for one second think any of his previous comments, meetings, actions or associations would ever be of any interest to anyone.

Becoming leader was bound to change that. All of this was inevitable, which makes me surprised how unprepared his team seem to be at handling the fallout from it. They can't have not seen it coming. If they genuinely didn't see it coming then they're less competent than even I gave them credit for.

Your analysing poles on a football forum for feck sake.

Honestly people have lost their minds.

I'm trying to ascertain if the dude I've canvassed for and supported since he first stood for election as Labour leader is stupid enough to put a wreath on the grave of a fecking terrorist. Daily Mail is a shite paper but this story has legs. My guess is he was guided about not exactly sure of what he was doing or where he was going and happily went along with it.

I don't know if this is a pisstake or I'm being stupid but the items you've marked up as 2 are quite clearly not the same thing!?!

I think your laughing face + shit gif with no relevance to anything replies were better. You've gone from mocking people for discussing poles on a football forum to posting a link about the width of stone bases.

I don't know if this is a pisstake or I'm being stupid but the items you've marked up as 2 are quite clearly not the same thing!?!

Hang on. I'm enhancing...

edit: Here's another picture of the same "fat plinth" from behind.

VS8gcu0.jpg

I'm quite happy to be the figure of fun here. What's shit is that I'm convinced I'm right and I really want to be wrong.