Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

They marched in response to call from the British board of deputies which definitely has a zionist agenda
I’m not referencing the March. I’m talking about Jews who are neither Zionists nor religious. Do you think they deserve a hearing? Yes or no?

So publicly supporting Hamas and Hezbollah, denying the existence of a genocide in Kosovo and marching through the lobby with Tory MPs dozens and dozens of times are the actions of a principled man.

If you're Jewish and want to make a point about antisemitism you're not allowed if Ian Paisley jnr is nearby.

Cool.
Oh no no no, you said they share agreement on the subject with him and Norman Tebbit. Suddenly, after decades upon decades of discriminating against minorities in religion, ethnicity and sexuality, Ian and Norman saw the light. The battle against bigotry has begun, with Paisley and Tebbit leading the charge

FYI Ian Paisley Jr also loves his motorbikes, just incase any of you do as well. Shame on you.

To be fair if the above argument isn't the very essence of the hypocrisy of Corbyn fanatics then I really do not know what is. Think of how many times the associations that this man has deliberately chosen to make have been defended, with question marks over his judgement in many instances being dismissed as "smears"

What's the argument our resident #No1 Corbyn fan uses - "look, they're standing near Normal Tebbit, therefore they lack credibility"

There it is folks, in a nutshell. Peak Corbynista.

Oh no no no, you said they share agreement on the subject with him and Norman Tebbit.

I do think aspects of the march were largely opportunistic (Paisley is an utter cnut after all) but him hopping on the bandwagon for a particular subject doesn't automatically discredit its more serious proponents.

I do think aspects of the march were largely opportunistic (Paisley is an utter cnut after all) but him hopping on the bandwagon for a particular subject doesn't automatically discredit its more serious proponents.

Especially when those on the march had no choice who joined them and who didn't. Like on any match there's an element of opportunism as you say. Dismissing Jews who claim to have experienced antisemitism is completely expected dirty trick from people happy to smear anyone and anything to protect dear leader.

At it's core we have Jews expressing their fear about antisemitism. In response you have Corbyn apologists groping for any excuse to ignore and dismiss that fear on the basis of little other than "someone I dont like was there". As I say when you consider how many of his questionable associations these same people have been at pains to defend and dismiss since he became leader that's really quite extraordinary.

To be fair to them that councillor who posted that article might share a star sign with Nick Griffin. Therefore is it really antisemitic to deny the holocaust or simply standing up against Zionism?

To be fair if the above argument isn't the very essence of the hypocrisy of Corbyn fanatics then I really do not know what is. Think of how many times the associations that this man has deliberately chosen to make have been defended, with question marks over his judgement in many instances being dismissed as "smears"

What's the argument our resident #No1 Corbyn fan uses - "look, they're standing near Normal Tebbit, therefore they lack credibility"

There it is folks, in a nutshell. Peak Corbynista.
The problem you have is that you seem to place very real problems of antisemitism within the Labour Party all on the shoulders of Corbyn. It isn't that simple, and it's dishonest.
Especially when those on the march had no choice who joined them and who didn't.
A good analogy. Much like political parties where anyone can join if they pay the fee.

Does it discredit their demands? No.

Just don't go 'Look how many people turned out against discrimination in the Labour Party' when a healthy portion of them are Tory MPs happy to share a party with Anne Marie Morris (who was reinstated without the masses seeing fit to march in protest), Boris Johnson and Norman fecking Tebbit.

Just don't go 'Look how many people turned out against discrimination in the Labour Party' when a healthy portion of them are Tory MPs happy to share a party with Anne Marie Morris, Boris Johnson and Norman fecking Tebbit.
It is opportunism. Though there are sizable Jewish sections of the population (including Labour members) who have genuine concerns.

Entryism will be partly to blame, which Corbyn might get blame for in turn (that entryism being linked to Momentum). Though you can't control how many insane people will misrepresent what you say or believe.

The problem you have is that you seem to place very real problems of antisemitism within the Labour Party all on the shoulders of Corbyn. It isn't that simple, and it's dishonest.

A good analogy. Much like political parties where anyone can join if they pay the fee.

I don't place the blame at Corbyn other than I think he's been slow to accept the full scope of the problem. The Chakrabarti was a shameful attempt to whitewash the issue and I think he either hasn't appreciated the issue's importance or has been hugely incompetent and inadequate at facing it.

With that background when a large section of his support seem to be focused on discrediting jews who say they're fearful of the level of antisemitism within the party, it isn't a good look. In 2018 supporters of the leader of the Labour party protested a protest against racism. It's optimistic to say that doesn't look incredibly shit however you dress it up.

The Chakrabarti was a shameful attempt to whitewash the issue and I think he either hasn't appreciated the issue's importance or has been hugely incompetent and inadequate at facing it.
I'd largely agree with that, only I'd add that some within the party have exploited the matter from the get-go (back when they forced a second Corbyn election).

Given the hero's send off he was given, I can only assume the antisemitism issue in the Labour Party has only gotten started since Iain McNicol resigned. Because all these Labour people who turned up at the march would look a little stupid if it occurred under his watch given their disappointment at him leaving.

Or maybe the people making those bigoted remarks just kept their fondness for Foo Fighters quiet.

Why does the issue seem to arise at election time?
The timing of this and the last furore, make it seem like an orchestrated attack on Corbyn.
Having a complete ignorance of the effect at election time, doesn't appear to be the behaviour of party members with winning as their main aim.

Apart from opposing apartheid and oppression against Palestinians by the state of Israel, how is Corbyn displaying anti-Semitism (which aren't mutually entwined)?
How do others, including her majesty's government, compare more favourably, and escape the demonstrations and criticism?

The timing of this and the last furore, make it seem like an orchestrated attack on Corbyn.
Having a complete ignorance of the effect at election time, doesn't appear to be the behaviour of party members with winning as their main aim.

Apart from opposing apartheid and oppression against Palestinians by the state of Israel, how is Corbyn displaying anti-Semitism (which aren't mutually entwined)?
How do others, including her majesty's government, compare more favourably, and escape the demonstrations and criticism?

An election?! Not another one!

It's obviously a Zionist Conspiracy that has absolutely nothing to do with previous Jewish ones.

I can only assume that @Dobba sees them as some sort of standard of evil that would undermine any protest they attended regardless of the nature of it.
It's supposedly an anti-discrimination march. If Paisley and Tebbit can turn up and pose for selfies and laughably hypocritical twitter videos without being told to feck off, it isn't doing its job. Almost as if having as many people turn up as possible was the priority, rather than the message that discrimination in political parties is unacceptable everyone insists it was trying to send.
Check out @SamCoatesTimes’s Tweet:

Nothing political about this

You cynic.

Very specific i wonder why it doesn't cover other areas of discrimination. No discrimination or immigrant bashing at tory council meetings nop nothing to see :wenger:

Well whats good for the goose....

DBqWA6VWsAMl-gz.jpg

It's supposedly an anti-discrimination march. If Paisley and Tebbit can turn up and pose for selfies and laughably hypocritical twitter videos without being told to feck off, it isn't doing its job. Almost as if having as many people turn up as possible was the priority, rather than the message that discrimination in political parties is unacceptable everyone insists it was trying to send.
Noooooo Dobba your wrong these people deeply care about anti semitism

Last edited:

It hasn't. This has been bubbling under for a long time if you have been paying attention.

Because the impression is that he's ignored it, or not seen it as important in and of itself, or not taken sufficient responsibility, or looked the other way when in the presence of known anti semites.

That is fecking despicable, how can they get away with that shit?
Leave.EU is essentially just UKIP isn't it? Aaron Banks thing that lost out to Vote Leave as the official campaign. I doubt they've ever worried too much about looking a tad racist.

ITT: non Jewish people complaining that Jews aren't happy about anti-semitism. Brushing aside protest/opinion that doesn't fit with their narrative.

...and I thought the United forum was devoid of objectivity.

This is exactly the kind of bullshit, dismissive attitude that got Labour in this mess in the first place.

It hasn't. This has been bubbling under for a long time if you have been paying attention.

Because the impression is that he's ignored it, or not seen it as important in and of itself, or not taken sufficient responsibility, or looked the other way when in the presence of known anti semites.
Strange that they gave the guy, who has had the power to kick these people out of the party for the last 7 years, the send off he got then after spending weeks telling everyone what a massive loss to the party it will be. Equally strange that they've only seen fit to go on marches with Tory MPs in regards to this issue since he has left the post and is to be replaced with someone who actually likes Corbyn too.

ITT: non Jewish people complaining that Jews aren't happy about anti-semitism. Brushing aside protest/opinion that doesn't fit with their narrative.

...and I thought the United forum was devoid of objectivity.

This is exactly the kind of bullshit, dismissive attitude that got Labour in this mess in the first place.

Anti-Semites spend an an inordinate amount of effort anti-semiticly explaining why anti-semitism isn't anti-semitic.

Anti-Semites spend an an inordinate amount of effort anti-semiticly explaining why anti-semitism isn't anti-semitic.

I don't know how much of it's intentional, like I said I think there's a narrative here: The sun shines out of Corbyn's behind, and he can do no wrong, so these pesky Jews are clearly just trouble makers and there's not really a problem. Nothing to see here.

Imagine for a moment there was a protest about poor treatment of black people, would anybody say it wasn't legitimate because Norman Tebbit turned up? I don't really see how this is any different.

I don't know how much of it's intentional, like I said I think there's a narrative here: The sun shines out of Corbyn's behind, and he can do no wrong, so these pesky Jews are clearly just trouble makers and there's not really a problem. Nothing to see here.

Imagine for a moment there was a protest about poor treatment of black people, would anybody say it wasn't legitimate because Norman Tebbit turned up? I don't really see how this is any different.

Because, unlike any other minorities, Jews are now at the wrong end of the underdog scale.

Strange that they gave the guy, who has had the power to kick these people out of the party for the last 7 years, the send off he got then after spending weeks telling everyone what a massive loss to the party it will be. Equally strange that they've only seen fit to go on marches with Tory MPs in regards to this issue since he has left the post and is to be replaced with someone who actually likes Corbyn too.

Or maybe many Jews are especially sensitive to anti semitism for good reasons, have had enough and think it’s beyond time this was taken seriously by those with power to effect change. Corbyns leadership has been shite on this, as it has been on so many other issues.

Or maybe many Jews are especially sensitive to anti semitism for good reasons, have had enough and think it’s beyond time this was taken seriously by those with power to effect change. Corbyns leadership has been shite on this, as it has been on so many other issues.
And those Labour MPs (i.e. the people I was talking about) who all but carried Iain McNicol out on their shoulders last week? They've quite literally had a guy on in the inside with the power to do something about it for years. Heck, he even demonstrated as such to Ken Livingstone with his final act in the role.

And those Labour MPs (i.e. the people I was talking about) who all but carried Iain McNicol out on their shoulders last week? They've quite literally had a guy on in the inside with the power to do something about it for years. Heck, he even demonstrated as such to Ken Livingstone with his final act in the role.

Labour failing to act on their own accord doesn't necessarily negate those problems though.

I dislike a lot of what Owen Jones says, but he's spot on here:

Thread:

There's more below the last one but I'm lazy.