Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

th

Hard to believe it's already been 1 year since Corbyn's Labour's greatest threat rose to power.

Jesus.:lol:

I did think UKIP could pose a potential threat to Labour in some areas since they had a decent amount of working-class support and didn't go away in the aftermath of Brexit, but their potential reach was always overestimated.

People saw them possibly doing 'an SNP' so to speak, which ignored that unlike UKIP, the SNP had been a sizable party for years in a lot of working-class constituencies and that they'd already largely taken a lot of key Labour strongholds in 2011 in the Scottish elections. UKIP, on the other hand, weren't anywhere near that level and generally just moved into second place in a lot of areas. The general idea of them being perceived as a threat was understandable but the extent to which the threat was played up demonstrated some poor and hyperbolic analysis.

God he sounds like a complete and utter dim wit. "Err no I don't like politics, it doesn't affect me, they're all nob'eads like, it's boring". feck off Noel you thick cnut.
I've heard he was/is a massive New Labour guy but yeah I think that rumour gives him way to much credit. Oh and I've heard his version of wonder wall live and it's fecking shite.

As much as I like the FT that Payne clown and their team of editors put their weight behind the Tories for the most recent election claiming they're the safe bet.

I also listen to their weekly podcast and they always seem to talk about Corbyn and his Labour party in a patronising, looking-down-their-nose way which is sometimes justified but equally reveals bias.

Who is that Payne knob? That's the second time this week I've seen a humiliatingly wrong old tweet from him.

The UK Prime Minister the world needs, imo:

I agree with you, but 30 minutes of wise words is, apparently, not worth as much as an inflamatory tweet or catchy soundbite. This speech doesn't appear to merit a place on the bbc website.

I agree with you, but 30 minutes of wise words is, apparently, not worth as much as an inflamatory tweet or catchy soundbite. This speech doesn't appear to merit a place on the bbc website.
The BBC are meant to be impartial. The problem is that they don't live up to that mandate.

Weird, I thought Kurnssenberg was the epitome of impartiality.

A 30 minute speech of wise words appeals to reason. Tweets and slogans appeal to emotions. 40% of the world are thinkers, 60% are feelers. Put two and two together.

Also, nothing he said was vaguely newsworthy at all.

This whole infowars-like claim of conspiracy against him is tiring. Politicians of all persuasions actually make speeches all the time that don't get covered. Nothing he said in that speech was particularly news worthy. He's essentially saying that conflict, inequality, misogyny, the North Korea situation and climate change are all bad.

I'm sorry but it's not a huge conspiracy that news outlets didn't find anything news worthy about it. The event didn't seem terribly well organised either; the audio is appalling. He was invited to speak at an event where he addressed a smorgasbord of issues upon which there already exists a consensus. At a time when the 'phase 1' part of this Tory Brexit shambles was seemingly coming to ahead.

Can honestly really say with their hand on heart that they genuinely think lack of coverage of his speech represents some kind of proof of a media/BBC conspiracy against him? As if the BBC should have been torn as to whether Brexit chaos or 'politician says climate change is bad' should have been their lead story.

Last edited:
@Oscie this isn't proof, but then again no more proof is needed. He's been very clearly treated despicably by the media since he first won the leadership, and I say that despite not really being much of a Corbyn fan.

@Oscie this isn't proof, but then again no more proof is needed. He's been very clearly treated despicably by the media since he first won the leadership, and I say that despite not really being much of a Corbyn fan.

I think the despicable treatment has hardly started myself, I'd say 'you ain't seen nothing yet'. The tory press and propaganda machine was kind of looking the other way in the last election due to Brexit, next time he's going to get both barrels from the Murdoch 'picture him eating a bacon sandwich' shotgun.

I'm not a Corbyn fan either, but that doesn't mean I like multi-millionaires deciding who wins elections.

Can honestly really say with their hand on heart that they genuinely think lack of coverage of his speech represents some kind of proof of a media/BBC conspiracy against him? As if the BBC should have been torn as to whether Brexit chaos or 'politician says climate change is bad' should have been their lead story.
On it's own, probably not. When put into the context of it taking place in a week where the BBC thought the editor of GQ was worthy of a timeslot on their main morning radio show, to discuss an interview and photo shoot he wasn't at and clearly hadn't read, maybe.

Also, nothing he said was vaguely newsworthy at all.

This whole infowars-like claim of conspiracy against him is tiring. Politicians of all persuasions actually make speeches all the time that don't get covered. Nothing he said in that speech was particularly news worthy. He's essentially saying that conflict, inequality, misogyny, the North Korea situation and climate change are all bad.

I'm sorry but it's not a huge conspiracy that news outlets didn't find anything news worthy about it. The event didn't seem terribly well organised either; the audio is appalling. He was invited to speak at an event where he addressed a smorgasbord of issues upon which there already exists a consensus. At a time when the 'phase 1' part of this Tory Brexit shambles was seemingly coming to ahead.

Hang on! Are you saying he gets fair coverage?

Sorry to be sarcastic, but look at the constant absence of him in the news. You'd think he was hiding away if all you followed was the normal media outlets. I can assure you he is not and it's a national disgrace the way he is being ignored when possible, or attacked and smeared when they have to face him.

You haven't been watching Info wars lately

I don't think that's what she actually said though?
She clarified that white working class boys are being held back by the Tory administration, not women & BAME - as they are also being held back.

Having read the article, she just points out that White working class boys happen to be at the bottom of the UCAS tables, and she thinks that this is because they haven't adapted culturally in comparison to migrant families, because migrant families have much more of a focus on education than white working class families.
So in order for them to catch up they too need to shift their focus on education, and make that a priority.

And that in order to get the best out of people, especially kids, you need to invest in them as opposed to what the current Government are doing.

I don't really see a lot wrong with what she said, just the Torygraph spinning the story for headlines.

Really ?
I think it’s because as we’ve tried to deal with some of the issues around race and women’s agendas, around tackling some of the discrimination that’s there, it has actually had a negative impact on the food chain for white working [class] boys.

Having read the article, she just points out that White working class boys happen to be at the bottom of the UCAS tables, and she thinks that this is because they haven't adapted culturally in comparison to migrant families, because migrant families have much more of a focus on education than white working class families.
So in order for them to catch up they too need to shift their focus on education, and make that a priority.

And that in order to get the best out of people, especially kids, you need to invest in them as opposed to what the current Government are doing.

I don't really see a lot wrong with what she said, just the Torygraph spinning the story for headlines.

Also even if that what Rayner was trying to say, it's both patronising and going against where the Labour Party seems to be going which is to say that the system is rid against normal people in favour of the very rich.

Also the ''Our culture'' is annoying bollocks as well.

Last edited:
Really ?

Also the ''Our culture'' is annoying bollocks as well.
What she is saying is right though. The town I live in have some council estates where 4 out of 5 houses have no one working in them. These are estates that are predominantly white. There are large swathes of what I would call sub-working class white boys who nobody champions. They are as poor as the poorest people in the country but because they don't fit a minority they are forgotten about.

She clarified that white working class boys are being held back by the Tory administration, not women & BAME - as they are also being held back.

If she said that about education I'd agree. One also needs to consider all the other league tables that white working class boys are at the wrong end of, unemployment, committing crime, being victims of crime, wages, GCSE grades, taking drugs, alcoholism, suicide, going to prison. I've not studied it, but they do seem to be a category no one cares about.

It's not so much that BAME and white working-class schoolboys are an either, or type of debate. Rather, it is that the latter category do not receive much prominence at all. It's not a...fashionable calling card for the chattering/political classes.