Jeremy Corbyn - Not Not Labour Party(?), not a Communist (BBC)

Never from the front bench and most often on the right side of history. Umunna never stood a chance of winning. He did it purely to upset the apple cart and needs to go, imo.
From where?
Umuna has been fighting vigorously against Brexit since before the referendum.
If Corbyn wants to get rid from the his cabinet, that's his prerogative but Umuna facing threat of deselection for voting in line with what he believes is bullshit.

From where?
If Corbyn wants to get rid from the his cabinet, that's his prerogative but Umuna facing threat of deselection for voting in line with what he believes is bullshit.
Already posted but

From where?
You called it. I don't disagree. I'd take it further.

M6ex3l9IlxfeNymkqK6pLLJOgjR61pyAsdkeDTd1S80.jpg

Already posted but

Tbf, the actual interview is a lot less controversial than a screencapped tweet of a headline from a guy with a picture of Corbyn as his avatar.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...e-movement-brexit_uk_57e3e201e4b0db20a6e8b057

He said: “If continuation of the free movement we have is the price of Single Market membership then clearly we couldn’t remain in the Single Market, but we are not at that point yet.”

The debate about Europe, the Single Market and free movement is complex, and I will be setting out my views in greater length in future.

“But I have always been totally consistent in saying that Britain must be a member of the Single Market, on which thousands of jobs and rules protecting workers’ rights rely.

“At the same time, we need an alternative to free movement as we know it. The government should aim for both in its EU negotiations.”

We definitely are at that point and its a bigger worry if he can't accept that reality.

He's not an idiot though so i don't buy his actions as anything other than self-promotion, he's entitled to do so but he should avoid damaging the party.

My apologises Chucka and I'm sure your huge own goal last week was only really about your constituents. I'll be honest Mockney the guy is a fecking toad.

I wouldn't personally deny Chukka's careerist intentions, but considering his constituents are in the largest Remain voting area in not just London, but the entire country, it's not without a smidge of warrant to say he's acting on their behalf, optically if nothing else.

My greater concern is how easily and flippantly things like principled rebellion and "doing what's best for the party" can be turned completely on their heads by certain people when it's suddenly in their interest. Add to that engaging in the very same kind of agenda slanted "reporting" that so misrepresented Corbyn during the election, and you've got an uncomfortable sense of valedictory hypocrisy. However you may feel about it, and whatever merits it has in this particular context, it isn't a good look, is all. It worries me people can't see that.

I just think some small sense of acknowledgment would be preferable to "no, it's completely different because evil centrists blah blah" I'd rather we retain the moral high ground than swap one kind of absolutism for another.

Last edited:
I wouldn't personally deny Chukka's careerist intentions, but considering his constituents are in the largest Remain voting area in not just London, but the entire country, it's not without a smidge of warrant to say he's acting on their behalf, optically if nothing else.

The Lib Dems came in third in Chukka constituency, Labour MP Emily Thornberry said it was nothing more than virtue signalling and fighting faux battles,Newsnight reported that 'many Labour remainers furious with Chukkas "vanity amendment" and you would also image if it's such a principled rebellion he might have timed it a bit better. Chukkas move was nothing than a very bad attempt to disrupt the good momentum Labour have gained since the election result, it was self servicing,not helpful and plan stupid.

I just think some small sense of acknowledgment would be preferable to "no, it's completely different because evil centrists blah blah" I'd rather we retain the moral high ground than swap one kind of absolutism for another.
Does any of this stuff actually get said barring the odd slug comment(They are the best ones) on twitter, I think a lot of the support behide Labour and Corbyn now have a rather good critique of the centrists politics or at least why they dislike it so much.

I don't quite get the moral high ground point ?

Party accountability, the moderates' worst nightmare*

Well, that and investigations into wars they voted for.

*Except when they want the leader to go so trigger a leadership challenge and then try to keep the person they want gone off the ballot.

Last edited:
Has Berger not just secured an overwhelming majority in her constituency? Presumably, she stood on a combination of her personal record and party manifesto.
I image a large part of that majority was won because of the campaigning of both Labour members and momentum. The apologise comment is just weird(Although it seems it was made a someone who isn't a member of momentum)but the overall message is a good one.

My greater concern is how easily and flippantly things like principled rebellion and "doing what's best for the party" can be turned completely on their heads by certain people when it's suddenly in their interest. Add to that engaging in the very same kind of agenda slanted "reporting" that so misrepresented Corbyn during the election, and you've got an uncomfortable sense of valedictory hypocrisy. However you may feel about it, and whatever merits it has in this particular context, it isn't a good look, is all. It worries me people can't see that.

I thought that was Vauxhall? Ironically, with arch-Brexit Bitch Kate Hoey currently it's sitting MP

Apparently being a Political Correspondent for ITV News doesn't go as far as looking for the word 'parody' in Twitter bios, before you post their tweets. This journalism lark really is a piece of piss.

What's the path to forcing another GE within 12 months? How does Corbyn go about making that a reality?

Currently doing the rounds on twitter. I'm assuming that this was at some event, although Corbo's page doesn't shed any light on the matter.