Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Experiment finished!

Season 10 - Start New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok. We made it. Season 10!

As I said before I'm on holiday next week but we will continue on past season 10 after that.

Some manager news!

Rose was free, but two clubs were in for him. Sheffield Utd decided they couldn't be arsed with a bidding war and just laid down 50 big ones.

Not a bad consolation prize for Bolton. No sackings at least for Sergio!

Season 10 - Owner Signings and full changes New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Owner Signings

Sheff Utd
- Alexander Dalipi - 85.5m - 19yo promising striker from Arsenal

Sunderland - Jake Aspin - 118m - 23yo CM/DM from Utd

Derby - Roan Brulmans - 141.5m - 23yo RB/DM from Milan

Bolton - Paul Wanner - 176m - 26yo CAM/AMR/CM from Bayern

---------------------------------

Full Changes

S10-1Player BoughtPlayers Sold & KeptBank BalTransfer BudgetWage BudgetManagerTraining FacYouth FacJunior CoachingYouth RecStadiumTotal OM spentMoney left
Sheff Utd (BD & SS)Alexander Dalipi (85.5m)130.1m in sales - Keep EcheverriMarco Rose (50m)£50,000,000£377,800,000
Sunderland (Alt)Jake Aspin (118m)164m in sales - Keep Kroupi18>20 (55m)£173,000,000£783,000,000
Derby (TC & B)Roan Brulmans (141.5m)29m in sales - Keep Jorginho£0£95,500,000
Bolton (SW)Paul Wanner (176m) 139.1m in sales - Keep MunizSergio Conceicao (33.7m)£33,700,000£175,500,000

-----------------------------------

I am going through your squads as well and limiting any wages to lower than 300k. I've seen examples where an owner transferred player has wages like 180k and then jumps to 400k when I move him. So any higher than 300k will be lowered by 100k (or however much to get to 300k)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you can't win the FA cup, just sign a manager who already has!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you can't win the FA cup, just sign a manager who already has!
It was between those two for me at the start and that win percentage, the traits and trophy wins swung Rose in my favour but yeah wasn't willing to go above that 50m. :(

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I fancied Brulmans but I think he's a fairly limited player for the price. Home Bargains Lahm.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
On the other hand, Wanner is a player I've almost signed or been interested in 2 or 3 times now. Finally signing him up, don't disappoint me please!

altodevil

On the other hand, Wanner is a player I've almost signed or been interested in 2 or 3 times now. Finally signing him up, don't disappoint me please!
He's been lethal for ages now. Top player.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
We looked at him very early on but we’ve now got players instead. Top player.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
:( I am sad. Much sad.
Apologies. I think you can safely blame alto though, since he won the first bidding war with us at the start of the game and that put me off the idea of having another one, so we just went big.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I fancied Brulmans but I think he's a fairly limited player for the price. Home Bargains Lahm.
We’re looking for just a solid RB/DM good age and has performed well for a top side.

With the rest of the squad being one year more experienced were hoping for Europe again but a CL campaign too!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apologies. I think you can safely blame alto though, since he won the first bidding war with us at the start of the game and that put me off the idea of having another one, so we just went big.
:lol: Part of me was tempted to go to 55m on the hope you then said 60m but I got scared and whimpered to Sergio.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
:lol: Part of me was tempted to go to 55m on the hope you then said 60m but I got scared and whimpered to Sergio.
That could well have resulted in a 100m bid to be honest

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Shouldn't Mikey Moore not have a transfer value as we chose to buy him?
Good luck trying to buy him for that value off of us.

Wouldn’t sell him for anyone bar one player who I keep PM’ing Solius about.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hopefully we can take advantage of no Europe and get a EL place at least. Once we get a stadium upgrade I think we will see some improvement.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's breaking out into a fight at the top. Could Sheffield United capitalise on this distraction?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
You get a 20% share of Bolton football club, input on signings and managerial changes.

I’ll take it. But I warn you, I’m based stateside, so the time difference is just adding to your woes. Feel free to ignore me if you don’t get a timely reply. :lol:

I suppose we aren’t allowed to provide external investment through a minority buy out?

altodevil

I’ll take it. But I warn you, I’m based stateside, so the time difference is just adding to your woes. Feel free to ignore me if you don’t get a timely reply. :lol:

I suppose we aren’t allowed to provide external investment through a minority buy out?
Veto, it will take 2 days to do anything

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have good news and bad news about Kompany.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Would probably work. I usually jump into stuff so the required patience would help. :lol:

Season 10 - AI Transfers New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Summer AI Transfers

Sheffield Utd ins:
BD & Seb went for a striker as their signing, so who does new manager Marco Rose sign? Ramus Hojlund of course, for £111m. They've also signed Martin Baturina, a 29yo CM/CAM for 92m. Newgen Pavel Bedretdinov (DM) signs for 22.5m and lastly they signed Nazareno Suarez for 11.25m. He's a 19yo CB.

Sheffield Utd outs: Roony Bardghji leaves for a paltry initial 1.1m (rising to 8m) and then just a load of loans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunderland ins:
Who is Nicolas Harris? Well Sunderland signed him on the 23rd of June for 27m. That's how he snuck into the Preview but wasn't on the end of season squad list. He's a 21yo CM from West Ham. They've also signed Sossio Rizzo (24yo CB), Bart Verbruggen (GK), Vanja Susnic (21yo LB) and Asmir Bajramovic (24yo ST) for a total of 63m.

Sunderland outs: Gordon Frizzell is sold to Leverkusen for 33.5m

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derby ins:
Derby's biggest buy was Luis Guilherme from Barcelona (61m). He's a 26yo CAM/AMR. Next in is Skye Vink, a 26yo ST for 15.5m. Then they signed 19yo Julianas Hardy, a CM/DM for 8.5m. Ben Hames (23yo CAM), Dan Rhodes (20yo RB), Riccardo Piccione (20yo CB) and Josip Stanisic make up the rest of the buys.

Derby outs: Sikou Niakate was sold to Sevilla for £4m. Calvin Ramsay went to Inter for 1.2m and the rest are cheap or loans.

Bolton ins:
54m went on Romulo Vitor, a 24yo CB from Atletico. Then they spent 33.5m on Federico Dannemann, a 20yo ST. 30m on Cameron White (23yo LW). And also signed Lewis Ferguson (33yo CM), Fellipe (23yo CB), Sander Jossund (18yo ST/AMR) and Pablo Pinto (21yo CM)

Bolton outs: Josue Marra to Leicester for 6.75m. Diego Huerta to Norwich for the same price. Anton Stach to Schalke for 5.75m and then some frees and loans.