Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Experiment finished!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You seem to be getting over the battering our lads gave you at the biggest stadium in the world.
Maybe you'll get to play the final in a smaller ground so your lot don't feel as intimated?
I'm just glad Big Sam finally got his hand on the big one, even if he had to do it in the form of a stadium

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
At HT I was thinking this was going to be a deserved and comfortable win for Sunderland. They played some lovely stuff at the start and got the goal they deserved. But then some absolute centre-back madness happened!

Marc Guehi and Ngoma with their first goals of the season, in the most important moments. And then Ngoma gets a second!

You've won a CL each the last 4 years. Isn't that just sickly.

Unlucky @altodevil. Losing both trophies at the death isn't the best way for you to end the experiment but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thank you to all for playing @altodevil @BD @sebsheep @The Cat @BenitoSTARR @SilentWitness @simonhch

And to anyone who read along! It was an enjoyable one to run but I feel like I need to set an ending otherwise it might peter out or go the way of previous experiments. Always leave them wanting more.

I will away for an hour or so and then I'll do all the little facts, behind the scenes stuff, screenshots, etc...

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@Solius thanks for running it, it's been great fun.

Enjoy all the Kenwood merchandise!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
What a fantastic experiment. An exemplar really. Alonso is a complete bottler though. Runners up in every competition the prick.

Looking forward to all the screens. Someone should do a quick 10 year sim too as a 'what happened next' sort of thing. Especially for the younger players.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Was great Solius, thanks a lot.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What a fantastic experiment. An exemplar really. Alonso is a complete bottler though. Runners up in every competition the prick.

Looking forward to all the screens. Someone should do a quick 10 year sim too as a 'what happened next' sort of thing. Especially for the younger players.
happy to do that if @Solius laptop can't take it

Grib

Gold standard that

Great way to finish it with some old school Champ man cpu sh*t housery

Marc Guehi and Ngoma with their first goals of the season, in the most important moments. And then Ngoma gets a second!
How many times a season did players score their first (and only) goal of the season against you

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Right. I can't think of any particular order so this will just be a stream of consciousness in terms of screenshots and info.

All comp winners:

The answer to your question is yes, I did completely miss these.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So I think the honours looks like this now I've added Super Cups?

ClubTrophy CountHonours
Sheff Utd11CL, PL x2, FA Cup x2, Super Cup, CWC, Europa Conference League, Carabao Cup x2, Championship
Sunderland5CL, PL, FA Cup, Super Cup and Championship Playoffs
Derby7CL, PL, FA Cup, Super Cup Championship, Carabao Cup, League One
Bolton6CL, PLx2, Carabao Cup, League One and Championship Playoffs

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gold standard that

Great way to finish it with some old school Champ man cpu sh*t housery

How many times a season did players score their first (and only) goal of the season against you
Thanks! Yeah it's an FM classic isn't it :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
World Cup

2026 - Germany
2030 - France
2034 - Brazil

Euros

2024 - Belgium
2028 - France
2032 - France
2036 - England

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone got any guesses as to who the 199 PA player was and also who got them? Because someone has them in their squad.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sheffield Utd broke the attendance record in the PL.

95,651 turned out to watch them against Forest in Jan 2037.

Nilson also has the highest rating for any PL season.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
:lol: Kinda disappointing that the 199 lad was a CB, but what a CB he was.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sheffield Utd broke the attendance record in the PL.

95,651 turned out to watch them against Forest in Jan 2037.

Nilson also has the highest rating for any PL season.
Think @BD will consider that our biggest achievement.

Sheffield Utd - Write Up New

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sheffield Utd

Sheffield Utd won 11 trophies, the most of the experiment. @BD and @sebsheep started off moaning about the yellow dots, then they moaned about the green dots. Then they grew obsessed with them. A player with amazing stats but no dots? Get outta here. They recruited 199 PA Basit based on his dots and look at how that turned out.

They actually had a bit of a penchant for picking the right player most summers. The pair worked so in tandem that I didn't even read who was posting each dm as they it just felt like one person sending instructions. 193 PA Dalipi was an inspired buy, even if it was purely done to annoy Arsenal at the time. Their best buy was probably, ironically, their first one. Yeremy Pino lasted the whole game at the very top, performance wise.

Basit has been club captain for almost a decade now. Neves (whose photo looks like he's standing on a stool to get in frame) is also long term VC.

Pino is a club legend, alongside Scalvini for some reason. Basit only managed to become an icon.

BD and seb are also beloved owners and will always be welcome back at the Stade de Frank. Talking of Frank...

Sheffield Utd went through 8 permanent managers in 15 seasons. Thomas Frank for £76 (I think?) million has to go down as the manager flop of the whole experiment. An obscene amount of money to spend on a manager so early on and who won you nothing. I can't even see Frank's history because he probably retired out of shame immediately after being sacked for Sampaoli.

Their best manager is up to interpretation but it's definitely one of the final 3. For me it's Rose, who got them 2 Premier Leagues, an FA Cup and a Carabao Cup, But Nagelsmann got them that CL and probably was unlucky to be sacked, purely because BD and sebsheep felt they needed to complete the set as they wanted Hoeness from the get-go.

Here are all of their records. As I said before, they broke the attendance record in the PL, but they also filled out their massive 116k stadium completely against Forest in the Carabao Cup Semi (the stadium was another thing they developed an obsession with). The Stade de Frank was also partially funded with the blood money of selling off their entire youth teams, by the way. That youth team is still trying to recover and seems to keep having to involve random Georgians/Burundians to score goals for them.

One of those regens, Nemanja Ilic actually looks a talent. He became their youngest player ever this season and has high potential. It's a shame he's got about 5 team-mates in the u18s currently. Their biggest signing (outside of owner ones) was Thomas Lemoine for £142m, and he's got a very high ceiling.

And finally we have Sheffield Utd's best XI of all time.

Hoyenhall a shoe-in for the GK position although Bazunu had a decent time with them.

Legends/Icons Scalvini and Basit are the CBs, so no surprises there but Petanjek might feel unlucky to not be there considering Scalvini played a lot at DM. Felder and Halty at full-back makes sense.

Neves at the base of the midfield and then Checa, who is quite a recent AI signing but looks a talent. Then Sauck makes up the other midfielder. They never really had a super midfield at any point. Most of their talent was up top or at the back.

Pino obviously makes it. Amadou is a surprise but he was in the team for 7 seasons. Finally Dalipi up top is a no brainer.

Wahi makes it on the bench, one of their first ever owner signings. You'd imagine Nilson and Hugo would make it to the first XI after a couple more seasons.

--------------------------

And that's Sheffield Utd. Well done @BD & @sebsheep!

Sunderland up next.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR