Gaming FM Owner Experiment | Experiment finished!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
After ten years...

Sheffield United

Sunderland

Derby

Bolton

CL Winners

FA Cup Winners

Carabao Cup Winners

From 5 years with no change in manager to a club that can't stop changing manager. Sheffield United went through some ex caf managers in Xabi Alonso and some players Sol pointed out that were highly rated managers in Varane and St Juste. They won another FA Cup but they've been well off it in the league, and nearly got relegated this season. They did however win the Europa League, so they become the only Caf side to win all trophies since they've now won the PL, CL, EL, ECL, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, CWC etc.

Sunderland have plodded along, not doing too much of note. They won a few domestic trophies in the ten years but aside from a few weak title challenges in recent years, they've just been happy to be there. They are probably the most consistent caf side in terms of the league, always in CL contention despite not being able to quite make that last step. They also love an ex manager, Tuchel came back for a whirl. Who was it that wanted Vardy? Because he's now the proud leader of the Mackems.

Derby...well well well...they've made a comeback! Two PL titles on the trot and they look good for it. Lemmens that Solius pointed out has been immense for them and led the title charge along with Brodie Brown who appears to now be one of the best managers in the game, if not the best. They've also been the caf side to get close to CL glory again but unfortunately got beat by Chelsea in Rome.

Oh Bolton. Remember how before Kompany they basically didn't win anything other than tinpot lower league stuff? Well, turns out that life after Kompany is the exact same. No trophies, mid-table mediocrity. Ex-Chelsea RB did threaten to change this in 44/45 by leading them to a 2nd place finish in the PL and a Carabao Cup final in the same season, but they just can't get back to the glory days of Vincent 'Thanos' Kompany.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm going to remove all the future transfer stuff and sim another 5 or 10 years to see if it changes anything.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
That’s hilarious about the super old players. I have a feeling Páez was still a baller into his late thirties.

Well done Derby for the comeback.

The rest of us rubbish. Living off former glories.

Komoany probably got fired because he couldn’t refresh the squad. If not for that I have a feeling he’d still be winning. What a legend :lol:

Bring him back!!!!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I simmed it a further 10 years after this and we had our first relegation. Sheffield United relegated to the Championship. :(

Nobody won the title again after Derby. Newcastle have won 7 of the last 10 and the others were won by Chelsea and Norwich. Sunderland finished 2nd place 4 times during this spell and Derby picked up 3rd place 3 times.

Sunderland and Derby won an FA Cup each but the others were again won by Newcastle, Chelsea and Norwich.

Bolton won two Carabao Cups and Sunderland bagged one. The rest were once again won by Newcastle, Chelsea and Norwich.

Sunderland and Derby managed to win another CL each.

Bolton won one EL.

Bolton and Sunderland managed to win an ECL each.

Sheffield United

Sunderland

Derby

Bolton

Sunderland and Derby are pretty consistent finishers in the table and almost always still bag a European spot. Derby did get those league wins but Sunderland seem to be perennial losers. Bolton are the definition of midtable mediocrity. They have picked up some trophies in the years beyond Kompany but that period will be remembered as the greatest in the clubs history. Sheffield United have struggled the most. They were almost relegated on two occasions but kept bouncing back. Periods of decent highs and terrible lows culminating in their relegation this season.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
I simmed it a further 10 years after this and we had our first relegation. Sheffield United relegated to the Championship. :(

Nobody won the title again after Derby. Newcastle have won 7 of the last 10 and the others were won by Chelsea and Norwich. Sunderland finished 2nd place 4 times during this spell and Derby picked up 3rd place 3 times.

Sunderland and Derby won an FA Cup each but the others were again won by Newcastle, Chelsea and Norwich.

Bolton won two Carabao Cups and Sunderland bagged one. The rest were once again won by Newcastle, Chelsea and Norwich.

Sunderland and Derby managed to win another CL each.

Bolton won one EL.

Bolton and Sunderland managed to win an ECL each.

Sheffield United

Sunderland

Derby

Bolton

Sunderland and Derby are pretty consistent finishers in the table and almost always still bag a European spot. Derby did get those league wins but Sunderland seem to be perennial losers. Bolton are the definition of midtable mediocrity. They have picked up some trophies in the years beyond Kompany but that period will be remembered as the greatest in the clubs history. Sheffield United have struggled the most. They were almost relegated on two occasions but kept bouncing back. Periods of decent highs and terrible lows culminating in their relegation this season.
So what you’re saying is despite getting shit for spending our money and investing heavily we ended up creating the most sustainable club?

@The Cat you beautiful bastard our crazenomics worked!

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So what you’re saying is despite getting shit for spending our money and investing heavily we ended up creating the most sustainable club?

Sustainable now that the AI is in charge of the money :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Those Sheffield Utd managers all not even lasting a year :lol:

I see Rose is whoring himself around still. Is there a club he hasn’t managed?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nice work SW!

I think goes to show how good owners you all were. That’s just what almost infinite money can do to a club!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Those Sheffield Utd managers all not even lasting a year :lol:

I see Rose is whoring himself around still. Is there a club he hasn’t managed?
He retired now.

Salzburg > Monchengladbach > Dortmund > Leipzig > Barcelona > Arsenal > SU > United > Milan > Napoli > Sunderland.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Well since I have time this morning I've just kept simming. The year is 2062 and Sunderland have broken the Chelsea/Norwich/Newcastle dominance and won a title.

Bolton are still mid table. Sheffield United are still in the Championship.

Since that post you've got worse every year. 5th > 6th > 8th > 9th > 14th.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nice work SW!

I think goes to show how good owners you all were. That’s just what almost infinite money can do to a club!
Yeah I think the money helped us all get a pretty good academy due to the facilities and first team group. When I've checked into the clubs they all have quite a lot of HG players in the side who are actually good enough for the level.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Surprised Sheff Utd fell away. That big stadium would surely have drawn a lot in the first 5 seasons after 2038.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Surprised Sheff Utd fell away. That big stadium would surely have drawn a lot in the first 5 seasons after 2038.
Against Caf teams it seems to max out but in the PL around 50-70k average. In the Championship it's around 30-50k. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyway, think I will stop there. Mega achievement again Sol and thanks for running it. Think we all did really well in the end, would have been harsh if anyone missed out on the top trophies. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
No prob! Yeah everyone got a decent share in the end. Experiment successful.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Well since I have time this morning I've just kept simming. The year is 2062 and Sunderland have broken the Chelsea/Norwich/Newcastle dominance and won a title.

Bolton are still mid table. Sheffield United are still in the Championship.

Since that post you've got worse every year. 5th > 6th > 8th > 9th > 14th.
But not relegated. We have made the club a PL mainstay for 30+ years.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Well I think the end of the Euros will be a good place to start a new experiment.

I have one in the works, based around a new team called Redcafe FC. I was thinking about starting it when the new game comes out but think I'll do a test run of it on FM24. :cool: