Final | Spain vs England

Best team won and yet again Southgate out coached. Damage was done by not easing through an easy draw and resting players along the way and on the night he succumbed in the first 5 minutes. Spain are good but not that good. Hopefully Southgate finally goes

Sad for our boys Mainoo and Shaw. Would have been even more brutal for Rashford if England had finally won a tournament and he wasn't in the team. I like some of the other England players like Palmer, but a lot of scrotes in the team such as Foden, Pickford, and Walker. Bellingham, Kane, Saka, Rice infatuated with themselves too.

Gutted tbh. Two finals in a row lost. Goal looked offside to me but margins are fine in football.

Spain were the best team and we ran them very close. Plenty to be proud of.

Hugely disappointing tournament where we limped to the final vs lesser opposition.

Tactics were negative. XG, shots, etc were awful. Played a decent team in the final and we were dominated.

They're the Spurs of international football. No real risk of them actually winning anything

On a serious note: England's problem is the culture. The narrative around the team is too toxic, creates too much pressure. And at the moment of truth they feck up. Like clockwork
Show some respect. We should all be mourning for William and George. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gw54p1jeno

It’s a very simple story.

In order to win a tournement you have to actually try and win a game.

We didn’t.

The team who did won.

The end. New manager please

Gutted tbh. Two finals in a row lost. Goal looked offside to me but margins are fine in football.

Spain were the best team and we ran them very close. Plenty to be proud of.
We just don't seem capable of finding that extra gear when either we take the lead or as tonight equalised to get a stranglehold on a game.

Chiellini shredding Guehi and Stones for the goal

I thought letting Cucurella roll around for 2 of the 4 added minutes and not to add even a second of it was absolutely scandalous. But I don’t blame it for the loss.

Euro was awful aside from Spain, Germany and a bit of Austria and Romania in the group stages. Was even worse than the last Euro.

Deschamps and Southgate are definitely the worst managers at the Euro.

Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka have been crap all tournament.

Dani Olmo, Williams, Yamal, Rodri and Musiala have been outstanding.

Congratulations to Spain! By far the best team and the best football.

We just don't seem capable of finding that extra gear when either we take the lead or as tonight equalised to get a stranglehold on a game.

Yep. We are just missing that x-factor. We took of Mainoo and had no midfield left, which cost us. Once we equalised, we should’ve brought Wharton on and changed shape, but we persisted with the 3 number 10s, which was a mistake.

People are upset, but a narrow loss to Spain in the final still represents another excellent Euros for England, in what is still a very young team. Plenty more to come from this group.

He's had a dreadful tournament apart from 1 or 2 moments. Talented young player but miles off being the finished product.

Agree. I don't think they necessarily found the role for him in this team to utilize his talents, so he ends up showing up with quality moments at random times, rather than being consistently involved.

Yep. We are just missing that x-factor. We took of Mainoo and had no midfield left, which cost us. Once we equalised, we should’ve brought Wharton on and changed shape, but we persisted with the 3 number 10s, which was a mistake.

People are upset, but a narrow loss to Spain in the final still represents another excellent Euros for England, in what is still a very young team. Plenty more to come from this group.
Think most people if they were honest expected this result.

Just rewatched the moments after Palmer scored. We were on the front foot and had a few more decent attacks within a few minutes, then we had a throw in at the Spanish corner flag and Walker throws it all the way back to Pickford and he lumps it forward, England revert to sitting back for the rest of the match.

That was the exact moment the momentum changed.

This is good evidence that most of the time it is not the players that win you titles, it is the system of play and coaching.

Pep, Arteta, Tuchel etc makes Foden, Stones, Saka et al amazing players in their systems and under their coaching.

Cucurella, Gakpo look different players for Spain and Netherlands.

Need a bit of both obviously, but tactics and coaching are worth more than players.

in the end, it was absolutely deserved win for the best team in the whole tournament with vast majority of neutrals also getting the outcome they wanted.

on one side you have England with the most boring manager around, playing their usual shitty football and stinking the place out, getting lucky with the draw yet again while also getting dodgy penalties awarded by referees previously suspended for match fixing. they also field one of the biggest primadonnas in football, such as Bellingham. very little to like there tbf. it's no wonder that bands like Coldplay come from England of all places.

and then you have Spain, playing positive and creative brand of football with some very young players that are actually fairly likeable compared to some diving cnuts they used to have in previous championships. they also eliminated Germany and France, while toying with Croatia and Italy in their group.

this was the preferred outcome for pretty much every neutral fan. bar Germany and Spain, none of those bigger nations even tried to play attractive football and entertain the fans so it's fitting that we got the new champion from one of those two.

yaaaasay.

Jesus, get fecked. Rarely have I seen such a lack of sportsmanship in victory. I really can’t stand the ugly bitterness in this post to kick a team when they’ve already lost. I’m fairly sure the ugliness of your post reflects the ugliness of the personality behind it.

Oyarzabal sub ended the game. Voluntarily 10 menned themselves.

Slow, weak, doesn't press and generally shit.

That's a nostradamus level prediction right here.

All in all, England didn't play terribly, but a lot of starters underperformed. Of all attackers and midfielders, only Bellingham played decently (great all around game as usual) while Foden was uncomfortable all match, Kame invisible, and Sakha was very poor. Mainoo had a mare of a match, while Rice I'm his line of midtable midfielder performances. Probably Shaw was motm for England.

For Spain, Fabian was poor, as well as Morata. Olmo was mediocre (great save, though) and frankly Yamal too. Zubimendi was fantastic, as well as Carvajal.

Spain might be even better in 2 years time. Southgate has a lot of good qualities but his persistence with out of form players has been his undoing. We just lucky Maguire was injured.

Think most people if they were honest expected this result.

Yes, I expected to lose to be honest. But of course you hold out hope of winning. I can’t cry about Spain being undeserved winners because they’ve been the best team, including in the final. But we gave Spain a better game than anyone else in the tournament and there are plenty of positives for England, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.

Can see this Spain side winning the next World Cup as well. Nations League, then European Championships.

I can see that as well, but if France get a better manager in and Mbappe finds some of what he was missing this tournament you could easily say the same about France

Lets be honest, we got through to the final by luck.

Once we came up against a good team it was same old story with Southgate and he frooze. Even the village idiot could see that second goal was coming for about ten minutes.

England were a mediocre team throughout this tournament. No need to look further than that. Made the final by beating relatively weak sides. Spain are a great side, and the difference was abyssal

Jesus, get fecked. Rarely have I seen such a lack of sportsmanship in victory. I really can’t stand the ugly bitterness in this post to kick a team when they’ve already lost. I’m fairly sure the ugliness of your post reflects the ugliness of the personality behind it.

He's right. England got to the final by luck and shithousery with a very poor coach and some pretty good players. That's just the facts. Any decent team would have beaten them.

Euro was awful aside from Spain, Germany and a bit of Austria and Romania in the group stages. Was even worse than the last Euro.

Deschamps and Southgate are definitely the worst managers at the Euro.

Kane, Bellingham, Foden and Saka have been crap all tournament.

Dani Olmo, Williams, Yamal, Rodri and Musiala have been outstanding.

Congratulations to Spain! By far the best team and the best football.

you have to throw Koeman into the worst manager lot as his tactics after having to take Depay off cost them.

Safe to say, when it comes to European football the Spanish are undoubtedly the Kings

Any good team England come up against they choke. When was the last time they beat a good established side? One of the top sides? Not in a friendly? Could go back to beating Germany 1-5 but that was an awful German team- not a top one. They just can’t beat a good team.

Any good team England come up against they choke. When was the last time they beat a good established side? One of the top sides? Not in a friendly? Could go back to beating Germany 1-5 but that was an awful German team- not a top one. They just can’t beat a good team.

They beat Germany in Euro 2021. Netherlands weren't bad.

That's why we keep beating the Dutch.

The only "big" football country more pitiful than us :lol:

Geko?

There's a vile streak there too.

How he is even still on here is odd. Like Southgate, just does enough to be tolerated I guess.

Yeah. Doesn't actually post anything noteworthy apart from taking digs at posters and then runs away when he's asked to clarify some of his posts. I still recall his bizarre posts in the The last of us thread.