Final | Spain vs England

Kane joined spurs when Lamine Yamal was 2 years old.

Yamal has more trophies than him.

This thread became very weird. What us up with all these gloating? Spaniards excluded of course :lol:
England losing is a popular meme that has unified people for years. Them winning a major tournament would take that away hence why folks always come running to gloat when England lose.

Was so close, but yet again, no Cigar. Shame for such a golden generation of players. Bad tactics from Southgate.

Neville’s right. One more too many for this team. How much longer can this go on being the nearly there team. Been going on far too long. Club euro finals you try again the following year but back to back euro final losses..we’re talking generations, different players, other squads change.

in the end, it was absolutely deserved win for the best team in the whole tournament with vast majority of neutrals also getting the outcome they wanted.

on one side you have England with the most boring manager around, playing their usual shitty football and stinking the place out, getting lucky with the draw yet again while also getting dodgy penalties awarded by referees previously suspended for match fixing. they also field one of the biggest primadonnas in football, such as Bellingham. very little to like there tbf. it's no wonder that bands like Coldplay come from England of all places.

and then you have Spain, playing positive and creative brand of football with some very young players that are actually fairly likeable compared to some diving cnuts they used to have in previous championships. they also eliminated Germany and France, while toying with Croatia and Italy in their group.

this was the preferred outcome for pretty much every neutral fan. bar Germany and Spain, none of those bigger nations even tried to play attractive football and entertain the fans so it's fitting that we got the new champion from one of those two.

yaaaasay.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The bolded bit.

Kane is 30 years old and plays like current Ronaldo at 39.

Yeah he's toast. Utterly pedestrian. Not a single run in-behind the defence or at the near/back post. Just standing on the edge of the box, hoping that someone will pass him the ball and that he'll be unmarked and have enough time to curl one in. It was like playing with 10 players for England. Watkins came on and the Spain defenders finally had to do some actual running.

Turns out Stoke can't do it on warm summers evening in Germany.

England were shite and deserved to lose, time wasting and going long from the first minute.

I'll be clear and say spain deserved to win today and were the clear team of the tourney!

Now, I've got that out of the way, i think it's piss poor that they have 2 frenchman playing in the defense for them. I only found that out yesterday! And no these are not people with spainish linage! And yes, I'm aware england have done this in the past with Harvegreaves. And that was an embrassment.
Wasn’t guehi born in the Ivory Coast? What’s the difference

If i was English, i would not know what i want now. Southgate DID manage to play in two finals and one semis in 6 years which is amazing. But you must win something with this squad.

Spain deserved to win. I'm not a fan of Southgate's tactics, even if they've gotten us to two finals. Just feels like we'll never have enough playing like that, even though we genuinely have some good players to field. Maybe not quite as good as some of those that started for Spain tonight, but they're not miles behind like we've had in the past.

It feels like England will never win a tournament until they learn to play with confidence, and they'll never play with confidence until they win a tournament and put the ghost of 1966 to bed.

I don’t understand why England reverted back to type as soon as they got that equaliser. Spain couldn’t have been more thankful that they did that.

Absolutely gutted. Congrats to Spain but we stuck in there, got the equaliser and had them a little rattled. Played some football for five minutes then withdrew back into a shell. Spain clearly the better footbal team but another what if, same like an against a shit Italian side a few years ago.

Is it not a repeat of the usual story of England bumbling their way through a tournament and getting knocked out by the first top team they meet?

England beat the teams they should beat based on quality of the squad and do so by great players (Bellingham overhead kick, Saka goal against Switzerland, Wattkins against the Netherlands) having great individual moments.

They never beat a team that is just slightly less talented, equal in talent or has more talent than them.

Guehi should have stayed in front of Oyarzabal for the last goal

If i was English, i would not know what i want now. Southgate DID manage to play in two finals and one semis in 6 years which is amazing. But you must win something with this squad.
I’d like to see Eddie Howe given a chance. Maybe the FA can convince him that Newcastle will sack him soon anyway.

Another boring game. Spains 6 Shots on target vs England 4, says it all. It was the worst tournament I can remember.

in the end, it was absolutely deserved win for the best team in the whole tournament with vast majority of neutrals also getting the outcome they wanted.

on one side you have England with the most boring manager around, playing their usual shitty football and stinking the place out, getting lucky with the draw yet again while also getting dodgy penalties awarded by referees previously suspended for match fixing. they also field one of the biggest primadonnas in football, such as Bellingham. very little to like there tbf. it's no wonder that bands like Coldplay come from England of all places.

and then you have Spain, playing positive and creative brand of football with some very young players that are actually fairly likeable compared to some diving cnuts they used to have in previous championships. they also eliminated Germany and France, while toying with Croatia and Italy in their group.

this was the preferred outcome for pretty much every neutral fan. bar Germany and Spain, none of those bigger nations even tried to play attractive football and entertain the fans so it's fitting that we got the new champion from one of those two.

yaaaasay.

If you're bringing music into this, England is untouchable in that regard with the quality of bands and artists produced. You're not going to win that one.

That's bullshit though.

How are people so blinkered to how bad he is? We scored, went on the front foot for 5mins, then sat back and got over run.

Just before they scored, he was bringing on Gallagher and Trippier...that says everything you need to know.

100% can and should blame that coward. He did this, Spain deserved to win this tournament but England could have given them a better game with that squad. He fecked this, just like Itally, just like France.

100% on him and his cowardness.

It wasn’t like the Italy final where England really did blow it. Tonight we just gor overrun in midfield and could not cope with the press. Watkins and Palmer on earlier (or from the start) would have helped but, as I’m not aware that there was anyone on the bench who could have improved the midfield, we would still have been feeding off scraps. As for the period after the interval, Spain just reasserted the control they had exercised for 70 minutes. We lost to a better team on the day who have hit top form for the tournament while England have looked leggy. Southgate will be gone now anyway so we can move on.

It's a bit of a side note, but Spain even had to sub off the best player of the tournament at half-time and still deservedly won.

Really funny that they’re reciting Gareth’s obituary live on air before the medals have even been handed out, after days of over the top, soft focus praise.

People put too much stock in reaching a final. If you draw Slovakia, Switzerland and the least impressive Netherlands side in living memory, reaching the final really says nothing at all about how good the manager is at his job. And still England barely scraped by, conceding first in literally every single game (final included) and required last-gasp goals or penalties in all three knockout games. If anything, that says a lot more - and nothing good - than reaching the final does in and of itself.