Final | Spain vs England

The best team doesn't always win, and that's what gave me hope. However, Spain deserved that. The chances Lamine alone missed...

Palmer gave us hope but Spain strangled our momentum quickly. The same as they did to France and Germany before us.

We were lucky to get the draw we did. Tonight was another reminder that good luck only gets you so far.

Foden seen crying after the whistle.

0_JS285010566.jpg

:lol:

It’s another great result for England getting to a final but really they can’t carry on with this dire football. Amazing the way he just waits to go behind then they score and he just changes it back to shit. Always going to get found out against a top team.

All of a sudden, every pundit is seemingly, albeit sneakily, killing Southgate.

He's toast.

Best team won.

We play like we are afraid of the ball. One good positive move results in a goal, then we go back to the same negative setup.

Same old under Sir Gareth of Waistcoat

The best team doesn't always win, and that's what gave me hope. However, Spain deserved that. The chances Lamine alone missed...

Palmer gave us hope but Spain strangled our momentum quickly. The same as they did to France and Germany before us.

We were lucky to get the draw we did. Tonight was another reminder that good luck only gets you so far.
Yeah, let's hope GS resigns because the FA won't sack him.

Not after 90 min though all games

Brazil 2002! But to be fair to Spain they played every favourite around them, the host, the reigning champs. Mad run, and almost certainly will never have been matched.

Deserved win. Spain the better team clearly. England played well for barely 15 mins all game.

Shaw had the kid under control, Walker has been bad, not taking another LB was the really bad decision.

1st half both were good, 2nd half Shaw was caught out at least 3 times and Walker at least 5. Sucks but Spain just realized at half time we're kinda shite and stopped playing with fear.

Rice is basically like playing a CB in midfield. The least technical player of all the midfielders out there.

Also you make Harry Kane captain, the guy who is supposed to inspire us and he puts in those terrible performances through the tournament. The definition of a spursy player.

We scraped through with clutch wins, and the moment we come up against a quality team…we’re holding on for dear life looking for a bit of luck.

Spain deserved it. Our luck ran out, and Harry Kane is just a joke for us. Playing with 10 men for 60 minutes every bloody game.

in the end, it was absolutely deserved win for the best team in the whole tournament with vast majority of neutrals also getting the outcome they wanted.

on one side you have England with the most boring manager around, playing their usual shitty football and stinking the place out, getting lucky with the draw yet again while also getting dodgy penalties awarded by referees previously suspended for match fixing. they also field one of the biggest primadonnas in football, such as Bellingham. very little to like there tbf. it's no wonder that bands like Coldplay come from England of all places.

and then you have Spain, playing positive and creative brand of football with some very young players that are actually fairly likeable compared to some diving cnuts they used to have in previous championships. they also eliminated Germany and France, while toying with Croatia and Italy in their group.

this was the preferred outcome for pretty much every neutral fan. bar Germany and Spain, none of those bigger nations even tried to play attractive football and entertain the fans so it's fitting that we got the new champion from one of those two.

yaaaasay.

Spain deserved the win, we just didn't really turn up, Southgate puts the shackles on this team so hopefully the next manager will make us a bit more fun to watch.

1st half both were good, 2nd half Shaw was caught out at least 3 times and Walker at least 5. Sucks but Spain just realized at half time we're kinda shite and stopped playing with fear.

It's criminal to leave Shaw for 90+ minutes, after a long injury.

Some respect needs to be put on Cucu’s name. Was fantastic to end the season for Chelsea during our winning run and has been the best fullback at the Euro’s.
Definitely, so reliable for Spain, always popped up with some productive stuff

That is why I mentioned another LB, it was obvious Luke likely wouldn't be able to sustain it.

We scraped through with clutch wins, and the moment we come up against a quality team…we’re holding on for dear life looking for a bit of luck.

Spain deserved it. Our luck ran out, and Harry Kane is just a joke for us. Playing with 10 men for 60 minutes every bloody game.
They scraped past Portugal.

Congratulations to Spain, absolutely despise the way they play but it is technically good football because it is football that wins trophies and has rarely been countered in the last 15 or so years. Nico Williams has a lot about him and they did very well to deal with Rodri going off seamlessly.

Hopefully Southgate has managed his last game for England. I am not going to start insulting him despite being upset as he's a very professional man who has done his best and gotten us further than anyone else in my lifetime.

I believe that despite getting to the final he did hamper us by sticking with history and name reputation rather than form. Palmer not starting a single game this tournament is poor, the worst of our 3 strikers based on form started every game.

Heartbroken but i'm still excited for the future as I think England have a number of brilliant players. I'm interested to see who gets the job to take us forward.

Just a random thought but a little mention for Guehi who I felt had a reputation making tournament.

Get the feck in. England were lucky to even get this far.

And not only were they lucky to win in half of their games, they also had by far the easiest route to the final that any team has ever had in any major tournament. It's been like watching Liverpool in the Prem. Every conceivable scrap of luck and yet they don't quite get there.