Final | Spain vs England

Good effort England, but Spain played great tonight and through the tournament. Well done them.

GSeelEpXwAA9Q3j

Spain the better team, playing Kane was a terrible decision and the better team got the deserved win.

Tactics were awful.

Some respect needs to be put on Cucu’s name. Was fantastic to end the season for Chelsea during our winning run and has been the best fullback at the Euro’s.

Just retreating into a shell after Palmer scored, and having now answer for Spain's possessionball cost us.

Hopefully no more Kane now. He's just not cut out for this team anymore.

So I wonder who will get abused this time.

Southgate will say “Well, the players will be the ones who take all the blame for that performance, we were nowhere to be seen and quite frankly awful but it’s my job as manager to protect them from that and I’ve got broad shoulders so I have to take that blame for them”.

That 2nd goal is such a classic England knocked out of a major tournament moment.

Don't really like Spain and England actually deserved a trophy eventually. However, ith so many talented players you don't need to play such negative football.
At least the team that played football won.

Congratulation to Spain. 7 games 7 wins. That's a first.

Can tell United are a global team. England fans in the minority in here!

Ah well, what might have been. Southgates record looks great on paper but can't help but feel with a real manager we'd have at least 1 major trophy. He has to go before he wastes whats left of this squad at the next WC.

You would. Every time he allows your players to attack you score amazing goals.
I really want to see this England team with a positive manager

That Spanish second goal is on Southgate. Shaw was screaming for them to make a change as Foden was wandering away and leaving him to cover 2 Spanish players.

He even ran over to the bench and Gareth still did nothing. The backline just started running for the hills and lost all discipline.

At least that means an end to Southgate's reign of error!

Spain by far the better team. While the gulf was so marked that I can’t blame this one on Southgate, hopefully that’s his last game with England and Kane’s too.

If you concede possession as we did. You play for the counter attack. You use a mobile CF. It's just crap tactics.

What a pathetic England display though. Were basically never on the front foot and should have profited from a Rodri-less Spain in the 2nd half.

Absolutely pathetic.

Best team won, they have a bit of everything so it's very hard to stop them. England never really got the formation right and always looked miles better with Palmer on.

Some respect needs to be put on Cucu’s name. Was fantastic to end the season for Chelsea during our winning run and has been the best fullback at the Euro’s.
Gotta hand it to him

Football should be about winning, not trying not to lose.

A proactive manager could have kept the momentum at 1-1, but no, Southgate just did nothing. As always.

Foden basically didn't touch the ball or press from the equaliser until he was subbed on the 89th. Was clearly utterly done. But left out there.

Hmm, nott sure if that was more embrassing that the last euro final. but probably not? spain are a lot better than that italy.

Definitley not, the Italy final was there to be won and we threw it away with the most negative mindset after going 1-0 in 2 mins and having the Italians completely rattled. Spain were the better team here and we were barely hanging on for large portions of the 2nd half.

That he chose to persist with Kane when it was clear he had nothing to offer is probably the single biggest reason England were as shit as they were.

We've played within ourselves and got to the final and Spain only just squeaked it. Change of manager, we're not that far away.