Final | Spain vs England

Spain thoroughly deserved winners.

England have had an uphill battle all tournament by Southgate only allowing the in form players on from 65 minutes every match.

England look like they could be so good but are actually awful. Bellingham, foden and saka were terrible tonight. Tactics maybe but they didn’t even try to play football
It's the same problem every tournament: the English players who play for good clubs usually have a foreigner supplying the gloss. Saka has Odegaaaaard and Martinelli, Foden has DeBronie and Haaland, Bellingham has every other player around him. Even Mainoo and Shaw rely on Bruno and Garnacho to create anything. I think England players provide a lot of strength to their clubs but are fairly pedestrian when it's just England players together.

England not knowing how to control games in tight and tense environments continues to be our achilles heel.
And being managed by average managers.

I'll be clear and say spain deserved to win today and were the clear team of the tourney!

Now, I've got that out of the way, i think it's piss poor that they have 2 frenchman playing in the defense for them. I only found that out yesterday! And no these are not people with spainish linage! And yes, I'm aware england have done this in the past with Harvegreaves. And that was an embrassment.

Kane is 30 years old and plays like current Ronaldo at 39.

Congratulations to Spain, absolutely despise the way they play but it is technically good football because it is football that wins trophies and has rarely been countered in the last 15 or so years. Nico Williams has a lot about him and they did very well to deal with Rodri going off seamlessly.

Hopefully Southgate has managed his last game for England. I am not going to start insulting him despite being upset as he's a very professional man who has done his best and gotten us further than anyone else in my lifetime.

I believe that despite getting to the final he did hamper us by sticking with history and name reputation rather than form. Palmer not starting a single game this tournament is poor, the worst of our 3 strikers based on form started every game.

Heartbroken but i'm still excited for the future as I think England have a number of brilliant players. I'm interested to see who gets the job to take us forward.

Just a random thought but a little mention for Guehi who I felt had a reputation making tournament.
How can you despise Spain’s football. It was quick passing attacking football. England just long balled it immediately from kick off and never tried anything else. It was horrendous to watch. I’d watch spain play over them every day of the week and twice on Sundays

Would've loved it for you guys (the English caf members) if you won, but Kane losing out on a trophy AGAIN always puts a smile on my face, especially after wednesday.

Best team won the tournament. Can't have any complaints. Southgate is the luckiest manager with draws, holding this team back.

Some respect needs to be put on Cucu’s name. Was fantastic to end the season for Chelsea during our winning run and has been the best fullback at the Euro’s.

I was thinking that surely this cant be true but i cant think off any better actually. Shaw had a good first 45 minutes against Spain and a good cameo against the Netherlands. Cant think off anyone else really...

I guess he really was the best full back!

Rice is basically like playing a CB in midfield. The least technical player of all the midfielders out there.

Also you make Harry Kane captain, the guy who is supposed to inspire us and he puts in those terrible performances through the tournament. The definition of a spursy player.

SAF did this with O'Shea, though he had no one else after Keane was sacked off in 05-06. Not sure if there's much different in their games tbh, Rice an improved version 2.0.

Was between Nico and Rodri for me. Glad Rodri got it, get those holding mids the credit they deserve

Kane is 30 years old and plays like current Ronaldo at 39.
He’s never relied on his pace much but he seems to have lost his touch now, it’s bizarre. Maybe the Bundesliga really is a farmers league, mind boggling how he has scored so many this season.

Why would i blame players? I am neutral here. I don't care who won. But after 1:1 Spain was shocked. That was a time to win a game.
Absolutely. We had a spell of being on top and hitting them with pace, which Spain didn’t like. Took a coward of a manager to then play for ET rather than go for it. Hopefully the FA don’t give him another contract. The squad we had for this Tournament was as good, if not better, than any other country - just took an extraordinary bad manager to make them play so badly.

How can you despise Spain’s football. It was quick passing attacking football. England just long balled it immediately from kick off and never tried anything else. It was horrendous to watch. I’d watch slain play over them every day of the week and twice on Sundays

I enjoy a bit more risk taking in football that allows individuals to produce moments of magic. Doesn't really matter as the style of football they play clearly wins.

Personal preferences.

It's the same problem every tournament: the English players who play for good clubs usually have a foreigner supplying the gloss. Saka has Odegaaaaard and Martinelli, Foden has DeBronie and Haaland, Bellingham has every other player around him. Even Mainoo and Shaw rely on Bruno and Garnacho to create anything. I think England players provide a lot of strength to their clubs but are fairly pedestrian when it's just England players together.

I think that's a very fair comment and there's a lot of truth there. You could also look at their managers (well, most of them) and the style of football they get these guys to play at club level and compare that with what we've been doing at international level.

in the end, it was absolutely deserved win for the best team in the whole tournament with vast majority of neutrals also getting the outcome they wanted.

on one side you have England with the most boring manager around, playing their usual shitty football and stinking the place out, getting lucky with the draw yet again while also getting dodgy penalties awarded by referees previously suspended for match fixing. they also field one of the biggest primadonnas in football, such as Bellingham. very little to like there tbf. it's no wonder that bands like Coldplay come from England of all places.

and then you have Spain, playing positive and creative brand of football with some very young players that are actually fairly likeable compared to some diving cnuts they used to have in previous championships. they also eliminated Germany and France, while toying with Croatia and Italy in their group.

this was the preferred outcome for pretty much every neutral fan. bar Germany and Spain, none of those bigger nations even tried to play attractive football and entertain the fans so it's fitting that we got the new champion from one of those two.

yaaaasay.

what has Coldplay got to do with football? Any opinion on the Beatles? The Rolling Stones? Led zeppelin? Elton John? Queen? Oasis? Joy division? I could go on all night

Where are you from, if you’re brave enough to englighten us?