Final | Spain vs England

The knee of English defender won it for Spain. Southgate and his English side used up all of their luck before the final. Best team certainly won that tournament.

If only Spain could finish, this would have been much worse. 2-1 scoreline is not reflective of the game

Our luck had to run out at some point. To be fair we did well to get to the final and ultimately lost to the best team.

What a day for the Spaniards, Wimbledon and the Euros!

The doing well part is just getting lucky with fixtures. Even this year's France would've knocked us out right away.

If Bellingham wins the Ballon d'Or this year, he'll be the worst winner since Michael Owen

Meh, you have to give it to Spain, turned it on when required and were the better team. Bit disappointed though as I feel we just didn’t quite go for it after our goal and keep the Spanish defence rattled. Southgate gone please, and no, it’s not off the back of this performance. Too much favouritism with underperforming players and negative setups.

Gutless, sackless Southgate will never win anything. Doesn’t matter how good a squad you give him.

:lol:

Already getting bombarded by Spanish friends and colleagues msgs. Gloating is unbearable. Gonna boycott Mercadona for 2 days err 1 day I mean

We are not very good at that boycotting thing. :lol:

Where are the folks who were calling Southgate a hidden genius who "mastered tournament football" :lol: they were ready to award him a knighthood

Bloody hell, after 1:1 England should have go for second. Southgate is a coward
They tried. They weren't good enough to sustain it beyond a couple minutes

Better team won, it's really that simple

Conor McGregor is delighted.

England very poor on the ball compared to Spain - like they were playing two different sports.

Feel for the English but I am glad a team that played good football throughout the tournament won.

Hard luck England. Spain played the best football all tournament and are deserved winners but ye pushed them all the way.

Victory for football that! Spain deserved it and scored two good goal and had a few other big chances. Lamal could have scored as well.

hopefully Southgate doesn’t get a renewal now. Will actually hope to support this England squad in a future tournament! Anyone with more intent could have won this game with that squad.

Palmer goal was excellent.

Tough for Mainoo and Shaw. Rest I couldn’t care!

Spain by far the better team. While the gulf was so marked that I can’t blame this one on Southgate, hopefully that’s his last game with England and Kane’s too.

Thank god, if only so we don’t have to pretend Southgate was a great manager for the rest of our lives. Best team of the tournament (by a mile) wins. Lose their best player at the half, no problem.

Luke Shaw and Walker destroyed any chance we had which is on the mgr

Just such a clueless performance. If you’re going to play so defensive like that, have a plan to stretch and counter on Spain.

Spain deserved that. Best team by a mile.

Well deserved for Spain. England stopped playing after the equalizer at a moment where Spain looked vulnerable.

Southgate is crap. Pickford is a rugbyman, not a football player.

Theres only so many times you can try to s**thouse your way to a win

Fully deserved by Spain. Too many England players had an awful tournament, Foden, Kane and Rice. Kane is probably injured but should never have started tonight.

Is Pickford under instruction to play it long all game? Most of his good saves tonight came from his own poor long balls.

You'll not convince me those players are happy playing for Southgate anymore. The semi-final aside, they've not remotely looked happy this tournament. This ain't 2018, the five minutes where they played, they held their own very well. Dudes sets up like he's scared of losing.

Spain even gave Rodri away.

Anyway, Eze should be thinking about changing nationality.

Why would i blame players? I am neutral here. I don't care who won. But after 1:1 Spain was shocked. That was a time to win a game.

So why didn’t the players do that? Southgate is a coward you said, you didn’t mention the players actually on the pitch. Seems like an agenda to me.

Absolutely gutted. Congratulations to Spain, they were the best team in the competition this year and they deserved to win the game. I really thought we would do it, but we just weren’t good enough. We had a chance to turn the game when Palmer got the equaliser but we dropped back and lost our momentum, that’s where we lost the game.

It’s a young England team and if they keep going then there will be another chance.