Final | Spain vs England

Kane needs replacing at half time, we need someone who can move more, press when they have the ball and give us an outlet when our defenders or midfielders have it. Kane is too deep and when Rice,Saka, Bellingham and Mainoo get hold of it there is no forward ball option. I doubt Southgate will do it until we go behind though. Maybe he knows best.

Dull, as finals often are. Spain’s biggest threats (the wingers) have been neutralized by Englands fullbacks. Least dangerous they’ve looked all Euros.

I think I'm finally coming down on the "get Kane off the fecking pitch" camp. He seriously can't fecking resist dropping deeper than the pacific ocean, gets in everyone else's way and is not where he'd actually be useful to his teammates

Am I the only one enjoying this? sure there hasn’t been goals but it’s been a realy interesting game tactically with lots of good 1v1s

That was a boring first half.

I'm not surprise though. I expect England to play a low block and Spain to keep most posetion making it a cagey game.

If not for Rodri and Carvajal Spain would be fecked, but they are some different beasts. England will make changes now. I’m afraid Spain continues to dominate possession and passes but a stupid mistake will cost us

Thought England neutralized Spain well, but the Spanish aren't having to take any risks.

Would be a great match for Rashford tbh. He'd have anyone in that back 4 on toast in a sprint.

The statue of Kane is offering absolutely nothing. But he'll play til England are 1-0 down in the 65th.

Spain have been nothing special. All this talk from others in here of "oh England are dragging them down to their level!" is basic bitch level commentary.

The England front three have been the worst players on the pitch, closely followed by Morata. The rest have done well enough, the game just needs a spark.

Kane gotta come off, he’s lumbering out there. Watkins to actually give Le Normand and Laporte something to worry about

Spain winning the midfield battle as usual but not really doing much with the ball, Walker and Shaw have completely shout out their wingers. Dull game to be honest.

I think 1 goals nicks this and both sides can easily have that one moment.

Weird it feels like either Mainoo is a bit overwhelmed by the occasion or maybe just the opposition is that good???
Huh? He’s been great.
England are under strict orders to use the channels and not move the ball anywhere near the middle of the pitch where Mainoo waits patiently. There was a moment where Walker had the ball, Mainoo showed for it... and stood there waiting. Walker look right, center, right again, and then passed it reluctantly to Mainoo, who turned with it found himself facing 3 players, and passed it back.

I was kidding about England using the channels but on second thought, it might be the actual plan. Shaw and Walker are the only threats going forward. If Saka had used Walker's overlapping underlapping run and given him the ball, England would be 1 up.

Spain winning the xG 0.25 v 0.22...

Cagey stuff as expected pretty much.

Very close contest.

The thing where they had Yamal and Williams doubled up was weird, as well as Shaw was doing it feels like they panicked a bit there.

I think I'm finally coming down on the "get Kane off the fecking pitch" camp. He seriously can't fecking resist dropping deeper than the pacific ocean, gets in everyone else's way and is not where he'd actually be useful to his teammates
Not to mention Spain CBs are absolutely loving pushing up against him as Pickford launches it and Kane doesn't bother to compete.

Watkins on is a different story, he will run them. Or Toney will have a go at bullying them. One or the other, Kane is absolute shite at the moment.

People ask how England are gonna look without Kane, well 1 game of this tournament will show you exactly that

Spain are a poor side outside their midfield, Mainoo, Rice and Foden are not giving them much of a sniff.
Williams is overrated and ineffective, his cross field passes are crap too.
Morata is a poor man’s Weghorst, Its England’s to lose.