Final | Spain vs England

he’s not been great, but i’ll take that. we’ve held our shape brilliantly and spain look out of ideas. their wingers are starting to not bother to try against walker and shaw. i still think they’ll score at some point, someone will switch off or make a mistake. we need to hurt them a bit more, but i’d have taken 0-0 at half time all-day long.
Are you getting excited yet? The trolling we’ll do if England steal it. It’ll be joyous

The mandatory requirement to have two women by the side of the pitch seems unnecessary and patronising, like a Harry Enfield sketch.

"Now let's go to those pretty little flowers and see what they make of the shenanigans..."

Both channels to exactly the same.

But he is the best finisher, he only needs one chance.
He needs to move to get a chance, this is useless. And its impacting the whole team. If you have nobody pulling off a defender and making a run what are they supposed to be aiming for out there. They have to knock it into each others feet as Kane strolls around, there's no other choice which suits Spain pressing us.

Well said.

Kane gasping for air after 20mins out there. He hasn't the legs to make space for himself.

What a dull final so far.

This narrative favors England anything revolved around positive, exciting, attacking, front-heavy football would only ever come from Spain.

Cagey game would typify England's best chances of winning the tournament.

he’s not been great, but i’ll take that. we’ve held our shape brilliantly and spain look out of ideas. their wingers are starting to not bother to try against walker and shaw. i still think they’ll score at some point, someone will switch off or make a mistake. we need to hurt them a bit more, but i’d have taken 0-0 at half time all-day long.

Yeah I get that.

If it’s 0-0 at 70mins when Kane gets subbed then it’s going to be an interesting watch.

Thankfully from an England POV the Spanish forwards have been below par but I doubt England can soak up another 45 minutes of this. As ever, we need subs sooner rather than later.

even if by a miracle england won, the cringefest the follows will make me wish they had lost.
The mandatory requirement to have two women by the side of the pitch seems unnecessary and patronising, like a Harry Enfield sketch.

"Now let's go to those pretty little flowers and see what they make of the shenanigans..."

Both channels to exactly the same.

yes and before you know it, there will be trans pundits and refs too.

I said it at the start of the game, Rodri getting injured. England with another slice of luck :lol:

Spain playing the better passing game here but do not seem to have ideas in the final third, but this England defence which has been matching Spain for pace might not weather this for another half with tired legs. Kane has been a bit lacklustre, might be due for a change for someone like Watkins/Toney and they could use a bit more presence in midfield. I hope they don't sub out Mainoo though, I don't see what that will change.

Rodri off, huge boost for England that. Spain lost plenty of physicality now centrally.

Eh? Williams is pretty much coveted by all top clubs, and their entire midfield play outside of Spain for top clubs. Not forgetting Carvajal has been Madrid's captain for years. Spain also aren't being coached by an absolute chancer who's managed to fail upwards.

Williams plays for Athletic Bilbao, Olmo - for RB Leipzig, Ruiz is not even a starter at PSG. You can't seriously compare them to Bellingham, Rice, and Foden.

I am concentrating on our 2 boys. Very good from Shaw so far. Mainoo is decent but it’s difficult for him and he misplaced a few passes.
Overall a very tactical game which is interesting for some fans but for the average tournament watcher who doesn’t follow football on a regular basis it must be pretty boring.

Don't know about pen, but surprised they didn't take a closer look at this.