Final | Spain vs England

Not many opportunities.

Kane awful as expected. Causing no issues for the CBs. Standing like a statue and pretending to compete in the air.

amazing how many have feck all idea about football. that’s a great half from england.

Spain have avoided the one crucial mistake other teams have made in these knockouts, scoring early against england and forcing them to play :lol:

Shaw easily the best player on the pitch till now; easily nullifying Lamal and Williams.

Thought England neutralized Spain well, but the Spanish aren't having to take any risks.

Would be a great match for Rashford tbh. He'd have anyone in that back 4 on toast in a sprint.

The statue of Kane is offering absolutely nothing. But he'll play til England are 1-0 down in the 65th.

Shaw has been great. Think the back four have been very good. Very even game. Nothing in it at all.

Absolutely terrible final (thus far)

England predictably woeful upfront. Decent defensively

Most timid Spain have been all tournament.

Be brave Southgate. Even you can see Kane is offering feck all. Their centre backs have nothing to fear.

Criminal how England play with the talent at their disposal. All been said before but basically set up to nullify Spain instead of imposing themselves. Making it a dour watch. Game needs a goal to become interesting!

This match has been awful so far, so you know England will fluke a win. It's written in the stars.

England shaded the first half for me. Look more likely to score even though they’ve had much less possession. Foden and Kane being in poor form is a problem though.

Even the ref is like "feck this I want a cuppa".

For all Spains threat the best half/quarter chances probably fell our way.

Shaw motm, Walker and Stones close behind. The midfield of Rice and Kobbie been absolutely overrun (expected vs Rodri and Fabian). The 4 creators of Foden, Bellingham, Saka and Kane been very poor. Saka has an excuse at wing back, the others not so much.

Weird it feels like either Mainoo is a bit overwhelmed by the occasion or maybe just the opposition is that good???

Completed crowded out of the game in midfield since we’ve no forward threat. Spain happy to push up with no worries.

Spain the better team so far as expected. But we are defending well and are having a few moments when we are getting at them. We’ve got a chance but need to find a way to shut down Williams who is looking very dangerous.

A bunch of mid table La Liga players (Rodri and Yamal aside) vs EPL All stars and La Liga MVP. England must win it. Now or never.
Eh? Williams is pretty much coveted by all top clubs, and their entire midfield play outside of Spain for top clubs. Not forgetting Carvajal has been Madrid's captain for years. Spain also aren't being coached by an absolute chancer who's managed to fail upwards.

I'm not seeing this supposed strong defensive performance from England. Stones has shit himself every time the ball gets in the box. It'll take just one ball for Spain to take advantage of that.

I think as far as striker options go, I might prefer to see Toney on for Kane, rather than Watkins.

Kyle Walker is really a freak of nature. He still overran younger players half his age.

Walker, Shaw, Mainoo have been good. Everyone else anonymous.

Stones and Guehi have been the best. Mainoo has been decent, I thought playing against better opposition would expose his awareness in that he's not a natural 6 but he's done better defensively from a positioning standpoint then he has in possession of the ball.

Nerves is almost certainly effecting both teams.

If the plan is to sit back and counter attack then we need some pace upfront or there's no way of getting out.

England best hope is to capitalize on the few Spain mistakes or take this to penalties.

Spain dominating and in control of the game but haven't translated their control to creating chances.

Safegate at it again....i mean you're playing bellingham on the wing for most of the first half