F1 2021 Season

Nothing will happen with the protests, it's just more theater, the championship has been handed out and that's pretty much the end of it.

The only thing they can do is to get rid of Masi, who's been an inconsistent mess all year, and bring in a race director who can handle the pressure and stick to the rules.

There's free speech and there's free speech.

To connect the rationale for the race decision to them (allegedly) not liking some of Lewis' beliefs, is just silly

Point taken.
I will put my hand up and admit that I, like others, have been so frustrated by the way rules have been manipulated that I may have said things I would not normally say.

tumblr_owwyq2HFJh1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

:lol: I am refreshing like a madman. It's great.

fecking disgusting
What a total fecking joke.

i fecking hate Verstappen and Horner. Absolute fecking joke.
I don't remember a time when i've been so disgusted with sport. They changed the regulations on the fly to manufacture a "winner takes all" last lap that severely disadvantaged Hamilton. Max was gifted 30-40 seconds plus a FREE pair of softs. And even then Lewis would have won had they not arbitrarily changed the rules.

I think the FIA are in trouble here and it is quite possible that they'll have to invalidate that final lap... Correctly so.

If I was the FIA, the only way to show compliance with their rules and maintain the result is to invalidate the whole result. High means Max would win. But I wonder, what complications that might lead them to in terms of sponsorships and ticket sales.

Feels like a classic legal move there going in with two complaints. One frivolous, one solid, giving them quick and easy decision on one which also serves to highlight the severity of the other.

When I used to play 6-a-side footy and we were losing 3-0 or more close to the end of the game, I'd sometimes* say "next goal's the winner, yeah?" to whoever was marking me as a joke.

This kinda feels like that.

*I am hilarious.

If I was the FIA, the only way to show compliance with their rules and maintain the result is to invalidate the whole result. High means Max would win. But I wonder, what complications that might lead them to in terms of sponsorships and ticket sales.
You love giving yourself a hard life don’t you?!

the un lapping of cars is one of the more ridiculous rules in F1, why should lapped cars be allowed to un lap themselves?

Hamilton benifitted from this earlier in the season, eventually gaining 18 points.
Lapped cars should move aside so the race order before the incident is in place.

Don't think so, both scenarios are a total clusterfeck, but only one used the correct rules to get there

The safety car rule in general is farcical. Not sure why Hamilton and Mercedes who were so far ahead have to be penalised for events outside there control. Defies logic.

How is it a farce? Races are decided by safety cars all the time.

Doesn't make it right.
From a pure sporting perspective. Not talking about today in isolation.

You build up a significant lead and then thats killed by a SC. It needs looking at.