F1 2021 Season

It’s Paddy Power, they do shit like this all the time, they’ve looked at the numbers and decided it’s worth the advertising.

I know they've done it a fair few times and it's good marketing, but it's something they still didn't need to. Imagine having your losing bet get paid as a winner. It's good for the punters who had Hamilton on.

Don't really understand why people feel the need to view everything as negative.

I know they've done it a fair few times and it's good marketing, but it's something they still didn't need to. Imagine having your losing bet get paid as a winner. It's good for the punters who had Hamilton on.

Don't really understand why people feel the need to view everything as negative.

It’s nothing to do with being negative. It’s a question of cost vs benefit.

The odds meant not many people were placing that bet so it’s not cost them much to generate some headlines and get people thinking they’re some “good guy bookie” who might pay out even when you lose and given them credit. Exactly like you’re doing.

It’s not cynical to say they’ve only done it because it’s in their favour, it’s just obvious and realistic.

It’s nothing to do with being negative. It’s a question of cost vs benefit.

The odds meant not many people were placing that bet so it’s not cost them much to generate some headlines and get people thinking they’re some “good guy bookie” who might pay out even when you lose and given them credit. Exactly like you’re doing.

It’s not cynical to say they’ve only done it because it’s in their favour, it’s just obvious and realistic.

I wasn't speaking about your post, more the initial poster mentioning it as if it was a bad thing.

I fully understand yours, even I was like "they've only done it for publicity" but I also understood some people won money for a losing bet so couldn't care.

It's probably got them less publicity than their general adverts anyway. Not sure where I even seen the story initially but it hasn't been everywhere.