Erik ten Hag | 2024/25

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

• and crack

Results are only viewable after voting.
It might even be possible to back him longer if he was a bit less arrogant. He’s a massive clown just based on the post-match press conference - Imagine thinking we’re second to City based on the cup trophies. He never even comes close to taking any responsibility for the results, always excuses.
Yeah, I don’t get people saying they want him to do well because he seems to be a good bloke. He seems extremely arrogant and self absorbed.

We should be able to do better.
Really? Most Chelsea fans were desperate for him to return and most didn't want him to leave in the first place. Also, Bayern were quick to try and stop him from leaving there. I'm not saying he is the 'perfect' manager for us. But Tuchel should be more than capable of taking on this job. Look at the success he has had and hasn't really had a fair shot at managing under a clearly defined structure consistently.

We didn't. We scored exactly the amount of goals as the xG suggested. I think only Hojlund outperformed his xG.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/2023-2024/2023-2024-Premier-League-Stats

World class players will always outperform their xG as they don't always need clear cut chances to score goals. You can see that from Arsenal and City who outperform their xG by atleast 10 goals but last year we weren't even creating chances. 56.5 is pathetically low for a team trying for top 4. Even if we say we had world class players (which we do not) who can outperform their xG, its still scoring like 67 goals over the year, give or take. Based on very small sample of 3 games, we atleast seem to create a bit more this year but are useless at converting them. Its still early days though, it might peter out in due course.
Strange, I was thinking of this which had us 16th.

https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-xg-table-expected-goals-2023-24

You have to question everything he’s doing.

Dalot has RB as his position. Now shipped out to LB whilst his new signing plays on the right, why?

Amad gets a goal last week. Rashford hasn’t even had a shot on target in 3 games and been woeful for so long. Garnacho naturally wants to play LW yet. Ten Hag decides it makes more sense to drop Amad, start Garnacho on the right and continue starting Rashford.

At a basic level a manager should be able to pick a starting 11 that fits into a system. He even fails at doing that. Just a really inept manager that should not have been given another season. We have ignored league form for so many years now, it’s the only sign of real progress. We are failed club with flukey cup wins over the last 10 years.

Watching United this last year actually makes me miss the McFred pivot.
He needs to change the tactics, yesterday.

Should be sacked ASAP.

Ineos blundered not sacking him after last season.

There is no point wasting another season. We've seen enough. He is never going to be good enough.

If Mourinho was the special one and moyes was the chosen one, ETH is the braindead one

Braindead no, out of his depth, yes. I supported him a long time. Lately most because I really wanted him to succeed. But it’s not happening, is it.

Oh no who could have predicted that sticking with a manager who’s proven to be a failure wouldn’t work out.

3 games into the season and we’re already depressed fecks sake what a shite season this is going to be

At the risk of exposing the fact that I may be an asshole. Every single fan that actually backed him at the end of last season need to be quiet for a while. You can't ignore 2 seasons of BS from the manager just to have enough after three games in the third season. Especially when many of us made that point at the time and it wasn't received at all.
Agreed, especially given the abuse many of them happily dished out to anyone with a dissenting opinion.

It'd be worth getting him out sooner rather than later, too stick with him is just throwing away another season, and further erode the players confidence. If we have to play transition football in the same formation then id get iraola as bmth do it far better than we do.

Oh no who could have predicted that sticking with a manager who’s proven to be a failure wouldn’t work out.

3 games into the season and we’re already depressed fecks sake what a shite season this is going to be
I feel it can still be a good season if was sack him asap.

Are people not allowed to change their minds? I felt that the injuries last season were absolutely horrific and unprecedented and you only have to look at the Crystal Palace game with that line up, or the Newcastle defeat where I think we had 8 starters from the previous managers and you can try and understand why these things happen. It's not as if people were absolutely convinced EtH would be a success, they just were like 'ok, give him the benefit of the doubt, new ownership, two cup final wins and three cup finals in total, new squad being built, some good work with the young players, let's see how it goes'.

It has only been three games but I still don't like the style of play he's trying to build here, which to me is the biggest issue. I thought this would change and i don't think it will. He absolutely needed to hit the ground running to build momentum and get people on his side again but I don't see how he turns this around now. At this point, you start to wonder, what is the point?

All of the posters bringing up Ole or Jose or whatever are just point scoring. EtH is just a continuation of a problem we've had for years and one he's done very little to fix.

People can change their minds but certain things don't change that loosely especially when that particular point was also a point of contention. Sometimes when you change your mind it opens the door to questions about your thought process for both opinions, the old and the new one.

In this case, if your support of a manager doesn't go beyond the three next games then the reality is that you don't trust him and he should be sacked. That's especially true when keeping him comes with big structural, logistic and financial consequences. It's a genuinely senseless position to defend.

Braindead no, out of his depth, yes. I supported him a long time. Lately most because I really wanted him to succeed. But it’s not happening, is it.
Yeah I don't want him to fail, would've been happy to see him succeed. But it's just not happening. If there's no progress but rather regress after two full seasons, it's likely never going to happen.

We're not some minnows where the manager needs to work miracles with lower league or free players, he got nearly all the targets he wanted and there's still nothing. I could live with bad results if we at least played well, but it's just poor performance after poor performance coupled with terrible results

Really? Most Chelsea fans were desperate for him to return and most didn't want him to leave in the first place. Also, Bayern were quick to try and stop him from leaving there. I'm not saying he is the 'perfect' manager for us. But Tuchel should be more than capable of taking on this job. Look at the success he has had and hasn't really had a fair shot at managing under a clearly defined structure consistently.

I am mostly basing it on the fact he always fall out with the management sooner or later. His an elite manager, but I want something solid.

Jaysus, 16 points from his last 15 games.

Dude is on that sweet gravy train.

His record makes for horrible reading. More goals conceded than scored, lost 32% of his games in the PL (some of them in very humiliating fashion) and of course his inability to win away games. At this point if we don't have blow away Southampton after the break and generally start winning consistently he'll be gone very quickly. The cup runs/wins can fool/placate some fans but i kid you not since last season we've been arguably the easiest side to play against in the PL. This team is much, much better than what they're currently serving up.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction when I say ETH should be fired as it’s been a steady decline since we won the League Cup against Newcastle, yes there’s been some great moments like the FA Cup and League Cup wins but those are the epitome of putting a plaster on a broken leg.

There was the perfect opportunity to let ETH go out on a high and part on classy terms rather than LVG/Mourinho debacle and bring Tuchel in then have a completely fresh start this season with a genuinely great coach who wants to work under a structure and the new footballing structure that we’ve implemented.

Instead Ineos allowed sentiment to prevail over practicality and common sense and handing ETH a new contract was virtually fecking criminal, I can only hope they have clauses in that contract over termination of the contract.

There’s no more excuses for ETH as he’s got 5 players that played for him at Ajax, about 80% of the squad are either his signings or players that have come through the academy since he’s come in and he’s been given nearly £600 million to spend whilst outside of Hojlund and Shaw we’ve got a fully fit squad so with 3 of our next 5 games away we could see ourselves hovering around the relegation zone in a few weeks.

Home record was good but we were getting torn to shreds in every single away game. Cup finals happened because we only played home games throughout in both comps.

Europa was bottled by ETH who subbed off Bruno at 60 mins to park the bus at 2-0. Bruno was suspended for the away leg so it made zero sense at all to eliminate your only creative outlet with 120 mins left of the tie.

At a club with standards (Real, Barca, Bayern etc) he would've been on his bike after the 7-0.
Fair enough on the away record. I don't remember the Bruno suspension but the away leg where we lost 3-0 De Gea and Maguire made a complete mess for their first goal and then De Gea also messed up for their 3rd goal. We are continuing with the individual mistakes this season too.

Agree on the 7-0. Even though I maintain it was an over performance by Liverpool and a complete one off, it wouldn't have been tolerated by other clubs. The players lost their heads and Bruno as a captain should have been maintaining order yet he was the first one to lose it.

There’s no way INEOS sack him so early it’ll make them look like dum dums.

At the very least he’ll be here till November.
Well they need to swallow their pride.
They've got enough credit in the bank, for me anyway, due to the work they've done in the recent transfer window. But they've backed the wrong horse here.

Feel the same as the LvG days. Joyless, infuriating football where it looks like we will never score and just hoping for the season to be over. He’s made me dread watching United again. It’s so depressing, as he seems to be going nowhere anytime soon, he’s made of kryptonite like Louis.

INEOS will look like idiots if they sack him now or stick with him where it will get so much worse. They’ve proper snookered themselves.

Quality Control - Wumming
Alright, now that people have got the anger out of their systems, just want to make a few points. 1) All the realistic alternatives out there to ETH are cr@p. 2) We are 3 games into the new season. Last season was bad but he had terrible injuries. 3) I don't think any manager could do much better with this set of players. Too many of them need to go but United can't sell them because nobody else is willing to pay the crazy wages for them. That's down to the recruitment at the club and we already know that this is done nowadays by a transfer committee. It's that which needs to be looked at. How many managers have been sacked and what has changed? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result doesn't tend to work out well. Yes, ETH has a veto on players (probably) but he is not responsible for the recruitment.

Yeah I don't want him to fail, would've been happy to see him succeed. But it's just not happening. If there's no progress but rather regress after two full seasons, it's likely never going to happen.

We're not some minnows where the manager needs to work miracles with lower league or free players, he got nearly all the targets he wanted and there's still nothing. I could live with bad results if we at least played well, but it's just poor performance after poor performance coupled with terrible results

I would still be standing behind him if the performances weren’t so poor. The interviews are not helping either. I know I am late to the party, but my gut feeling was out a long time ago. I just really wanted him to succeed and be that crazy fecker that did the magic even though no one believed in it.

Alright, now that people have got the anger out of their systems, just want to make a few points. 1) All the realistic alternatives out there to ETH are cr@p. 2) We are 3 games into the new season. Last season was bad but he had terrible injuries. 3) I don't think any manager could do much better with this set of players. Too many of them need to go but United can't sell them because nobody else is willing to pay the crazy wages for them. That's down to the recruitment at the club and we already know that this is done nowadays by a transfer committee. It's that which needs to be looked at. How many managers have been sacked and what has changed? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result doesn't tend to work out well. Yes, ETH has a veto on players (probably) but he is not responsible for the recruitment.
Not this shite again, please.

We need to stop this trophy thing, specially tin pot cups when no one else was taking as serious as us except Newcastle in the final.
The football has been fundamentally broken since January/February 2023

Seeing Manchester United fans running around with this “2 trophies” thing is so disheartening. fecking hell

I guess the question is once Ten Hag is binned, does the new manager go back to basics in regards to a system/tactics wise until the summer or does he try and implement his style in-season?

On the fence. I was on the McKenna train this summer, but the other options did not appeal to me at all. I do wonder if changing managers during the season will make this malaise rub off on them too.

If we have another shite season then of course, we'll need a change. I think a new manager would be better served coming in next summer when hopefully the hierarchy gets busy with near enough completing the clear out.

Where is the poll at at the moment?

Of course he’s not Harry Potter, that would mean he’s of actual value.

Nah he’s more of a useless character that dies and nobody really cares.

Prof Quirrell, that’s who he is. He was also a bald twat.